watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reason for Radio Silence - Do not worry

Started by finnster01, March 07, 2011, 09:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am just out of hospital after a nasty accident at home after the Blackburn game. I foolishly tried to climb the top of a stepladder wearing very lose-fitting slippers whilst lifting a heavy box. Result: slid off the damn bugger and got the box on top of me. Two cracked ribs and a massive bone bruise on my leg. So now I have problems getting out of bed and everything hurts as hell including breathing. :030:

So don't worry if I am a little bit quiet at the moment. I am not in the huff or anything and I will crank out the final results from Slim Jim shortly, but it may just take a few extra days.

COYW!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cebu

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Slim Jim doesn't matter,it can wait,you take as long as you need,your health matters mate,take care of you,we will all be here when you get back,just take care of yourself :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

mrska

Get well soon Finn..  take it easy.. :045:

TheDaddy

You daft sod

Slippers and ladders are a  :red:

Try using and screwdriver to a string pulled light fitting i've never flown off a ladder quicker straight into the bath and for good measure i got back up and did it again ! Wasn't until i was at work one of the lads reminded me that it would help if i pulled the fuse first.Wouldn't have minded but i was sitting my city & guilds in electrical isolation at the time !

Plenty of R&R Mr Finn and some of that lovely homemade food that your better half does for you .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

leonffc

Hope you have a speedy recovery Mr finn.

The Doctor

Get well soon Mr Finn

You're in good company - I heard from os5889 last night and he's done himself a bit of a mischief as well, hence the silence from him lately.  Details are a bit sketchy so I'll let him elaborate when he's back, but he seems well on the road to recovery.

Here's to the both of you back posting like good'uns in no time

Fernhurst

Can I echo Daddys sentiment.............

You daft bugger.  :doh:

Please rest yourself and get well soon.

A few more will need to take up the cudgels and try to fill the hole left by The Finsters absence

JBH

Take it easy Mr Stupido  :doh: have a good rest  :55: and get well soon  :54:

Airfix

Damn!  Should've considered amputation to lose those few extra pounds!

Get well soon mare!

White Noise

Bloody hell Finnster! What the hell were you thinking. I don't know what to say fella but - if you have been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault, you might be able to claim compensation!  :bump:

Seriously though, the way your post started I thought you were going to say that you took on 15 Blackburn fans that just happened to be in NY City and had bruised your knuckles chucking them out the door. But it then developed into one of those stories they hear in Accident & Emergency - 'I was climbing a ladder in my slippers when I took a tumble and my dressing gown fell open and the nozzle of the hoover lodged in my back passage just as the gerbil escaped from his cage'!!

Take it easy sir and I wish you the swiftest of recoveries. :54:

CorkedHat

That's not good news Mr Finn. I trust you have a speedy recovery  :dft001:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Oversized slippers and a stepladder ???????? sounds like a Tom and Gerry cartoon  :005:
Cracked ribs are no joke however .............keep taking the tablets and get well soon Finny  :045:

SmithyFFC

Take it easy and get well soon mate :045:
FTID

jarv

Enough of the Frank Spencer impressions....oooooo betty :005:

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on March 07, 2011, 09:03:30 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am just out of hospital after a nasty accident at home after the Blackburn game. I foolishly tried to climb the top of a stepladder wearing very lose-fitting slippers whilst lifting a heavy box. Result: slid off the damn bugger and got the box on top of me. Two cracked ribs and a massive bone bruise on my leg. So now I have problems getting out of bed and everything hurts as hell including breathing. :030:

So don't worry if I am a little bit quiet at the moment. I am not in the huff or anything and I will crank out the final results from Slim Jim shortly, but it may just take a few extra days.

COYW!!

Slippers? Don't chicks wear those?   :dft012:

CincyFulham1

NogoodBoyo

Get well soon.  Cracked ribs hurt like billyo, don't they?
Nogood "Climbing Under the Influence, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

Mr. Finn, you are a war veteran.  :028: That means you don't have to climb up ladders -- unless you're skirt chasing -- regardless of your footwear. As the USA representative of the UK-US Falklands-Vietnam Fulham Alliance, I must point out to you that your position when things are being hefted up a ladder is sprawled comfortably on the couch, feet up, and saying, "Make sure you keep that box level, love, and get us a Fullers when you get back down."

Take it easy. You're not as young as once you were.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel