watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Latest Fair Play Tables

Started by MikeR, March 08, 2011, 02:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeR

Hughes' Blackburn sides were at the bottom of the premier league fair play rankings all 4 years he was their manager. His City team of 2008-09 finished 8th, and now we're 2nd or thereabouts - what's the difference? Random chance? Directive from MAF? Existing mentality of the side he inherited from Roy? (But Hughes' new players Dembele, Salcido, and Sidwell have combined for just two cautions.) A new leaf for Sparky?
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

MJG

I do believe its a hangover from Roy's style where tackles were not made until the last third of the pitch and Hughes has not really changed the team apart from Dembele (who let's be honest its not a tough player) sidwell who has not played enough games and Salcido who although he is slow when he makes a tackle its usually clean or the winger is away.

I also think its a change in Hughes, he took over a Blackburn side which was a rough and tough side and he pretty much kept that style for four years(I'm not one if these revisionists who say Blackburn played good football under him).

At fulham Hughes has admitted he found a much better side than he thought, hence he does not have to revert to getting the team to kick the oppo.

mrska

Deffo a hangover from the Roy era..  but im definately seeing signs we're becoming abit more physical.. especially with the introduction of Steve Sidwell.  I don't want the side to be physical just for the sake of it, just when we get a team of cloggers come down, we can give them some back.

BalDrick

Yeah, I like the fact that at long last, when we're given some, we can give it back.

I do think Sidwell may pick up a few reds in his time with us, but let's face it, he's not Michael bloody Brown is he?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on March 08, 2011, 11:00:47 AM
Yeah, I like the fact that at long last, when we're given some, we can give it back.

I do think Sidwell may pick up a few reds in his time with us, but let's face it, he's not Michael bloody Brown is he?

I am embarrassed to admit that Brown was ever a Fulham player. He is the worst kind of player, one who substitutes any ability to play with that to attempt to injure other professionals. I was delighted when he left

elgreenio

definitely still the Woy influence in the team. That and the fact that we don't have that type of player in the squad, whereas Hughes' Blackburn teams consisted of 2 or 3 at a time
touch my camera through the fence

HatterDon

Quote from: elgreenio on March 08, 2011, 11:29:46 AM
definitely still the Woy influence in the team. That and the fact that we don't have that type of player in the squad, whereas Hughes' Blackburn teams consisted of 2 or 3 at a time

It seems to me that even having Brown in the side, we weren't down the disciplinary table under Sanchez or Coleman. Let's not pretend that Roy changed everything about the team in order to (a) exalt him further or (b) give credit for what his successor has achieved to him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on March 08, 2011, 03:13:04 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on March 08, 2011, 11:29:46 AM

It seems to me that even having Brown in the side, we weren't down the disciplinary table under Sanchez or Coleman. Let's not pretend that Roy changed everything about the team in order to (a) exalt him further or (b) give credit for what his successor has achieved to him.

That is very true. I think Roy did bring much more of a 'repsect of officials and get on with it' attitude. The rest is just the way Fulham are, we have always tried to play football rather than stop it like so many other teams in the league.

Shredhead

We are currently top of the disciplinary table: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html. This is excellent and good news as whoever is top at the end of the season will get a place in the Europa League next season. Baird's yellow card on Saturday took the gloss off a good performance and I've noticed a bit of unnecessary retaliatory fouls creeping in. Sparky needs to stamp it out (so to speak). 
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

helgell

I think the place in Europa is decided by more than just the disciplinary record, it involves factors such as beaviour of the public etc. Can't remember where I found the table for it, but it wasn't updated as often.
Edit: Found it! http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html
Updated at the end of the month, it seems.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: helgell on March 08, 2011, 05:08:14 PM
I think the place in Europa is decided by more than just the disciplinary record, it involves factors such as beaviour of the public etc. Can't remember where I found the table for it, but it wasn't updated as often.
Edit: Found it! http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html
Updated at the end of the month, it seems.

Oh dear... better curb all this "you don't know what you're doing" stuff then. We might have had some poor decisions recently, but having a go at the ref seems to be our most popular chant these days! If on top of this you add the "disgrace to the Premiership" chant, we sound like a right bunch of whingers!

helgell

Looked at it just now and can't quite figure out how it works.  :49: If it's the player's attitude or the crowd's. But nevertheless, it seems we have a fair chance.

NogoodBoyo

Good call, IP. The opinion from many is that Clatterburg actually got many of the decisions right.
Nogood "clattering on, isit" Boyo

MikeR

Quote from: helgell on March 08, 2011, 05:21:22 PM
Looked at it just now and can't quite figure out how it works.  :49: If it's the player's attitude or the crowd's. But nevertheless, it seems we have a fair chance.
The UEFA fair play rankings that determine where England ranks relative to other countries includes the fan's behavior, but the premier league rankings do not include fan behavior.

We might have slipped a bit since we picked up two cautions against Blackburn while Blackpool had none in their game against Chelsea. We need Ian Holloway to say something fresh.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

NogoodBoyo

Congratulations to our Cussons Imperial White Soap for his top post:

""Oh dear... better curb all this "you don't know what you're doing" stuff then. We might have had some poor decisions recently, but having a go at the ref seems to be our most popular chant these days! If on top of this you add the "disgrace to the Premiership" chant, we sound like a right bunch of whingers!""

As a reward, he is the first winner of the Nogood "uncle & anti-whingeing you can act like a man, isit" Boyo award for pink nylon-gussetted nicker elasticated whining pompoms in your drawers award.  Of course, IW is getting the award for making a razor sharp point.  Future recipients will get it for whining like popped cherries with stale dates in a Moroccan bazaar.

Don Corleone and Johnny Fontane YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN.mp4

Nogood "moaners can expect to see this a lot in the coming weeks, isit...aye aye, indeed it is like" Boyo

RidgeRider

Hopefully any shenanigans we may have put forth against Blackburn has negligible effect. One of the likable characteristics of the Fulham experience is that the team consistently fairs well in the fair play table as do the fans. I applaud those of you who attend matches for being such a well behaved bunch.

One thing I noticed is Murphy's comments earlier in the season targeted, allegedly, at Wolves seems to have made a difference up there as they are mid table now for fair play.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Shredhead on March 08, 2011, 04:52:05 PM
We are currently top of the disciplinary table: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html. This is excellent and good news as whoever is top at the end of the season will get a place in the Europa League next season. 
But if more players in England get red cards then England won't be top of the fair play league in Europe and we won't get into Europe for winning the fair play league.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

MJG

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 08, 2011, 06:07:40 PM
Hopefully any shenanigans we have may have put forth against Blackburn has negligible effect. One of the likable characteristics of the Fulham experience is that the team consistently fairs well in the fair play table as do the fans. I applaud those of you who attend matches for being such a well behaved bunch.

One thing I noticed is Murphy's comments earlier in the season targeted, allegedly, at Wolves seems to have made a difference up there as they are mid table now for fair play.
Looking back at the wolves game and how they have played since its almost as if that one game was them at their worse. I have watched them on tv live and u don't seem to see the cynical stuff they were doing that day at the cottage.
Maybe on the day we were just too good for them, pace wise,passing wise and just all round quality was well above them.

finnster01

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on March 08, 2011, 06:30:25 PM
Quote from: Shredhead on March 08, 2011, 04:52:05 PM
We are currently top of the disciplinary table: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html. This is excellent and good news as whoever is top at the end of the season will get a place in the Europa League next season. 
But if more players in England get red cards then England won't be top of the fair play league in Europe and we won't get into Europe for winning the fair play league.

Look, for the umpteenth time, we do not have to be top of the fair play table in the Prem nor does England have to be top of the UEFA fair play league:

The rules are simple:
1)Be the highest placed team in the England fair play league that doesn't get into Europe any other way.
2)The top 3 countries in the UEFA fair play league each get a spot in the Europe League qualifiers.

Can we put this baby to bed now please as it hurts to type and I have just taken my pill and will go to sleep shortly? Thank you.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Sorry for your discomforture, Mr. Finn. But I'm afraid things won't change. Recently we've had the same threads over and over AND OVER AND OVER again.

For example:

1. Who'll finish in the bottom 3?
2. Who will be our full back pair going forward?
3. How are we viewing Mark vis-a-vis Saint Roy?

Didn't used to be that way, but it seems that a lot of folks are creating new threads on these and other topics rather than taking the time to read existing threads on the same topics and commenting on them.

Sorry; grouchy old git, me, and I didn't even get rib-cracked or burned. Rest well, Mr. Finn.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel