News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Would This Sparky Fulham Side Perform In The Europa?

Started by White Noise, March 07, 2011, 06:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_f

Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 07, 2011, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: mike_f on March 07, 2011, 08:49:59 PM
Quote from: psand22 on March 07, 2011, 08:08:01 PM
 Wow, I can't believe my eyes.  You'd rather miss out, than try and take another step forward as a club.  You sound like the turds on my indoor team.  They didn't want to play the Latin team in our league, since they "couldn't all be over 30".  After two forfiets (against my protests), we finally had to play them in the playoffs and beat them and their underage players.

There's no way we can tarnish the great season we had in the Europa league. We might flame out or we might make another great run.  As a footballer or fan, you have to be striving for these types of games...not worring about failures.
So I'm a turd for having an opinion? Interesting.

I just don't want memories of last season tarnished, that is all.

I'm sure people had some cracking memories from the 1975 FA Cup run, shall we pull out of that next season? In case we don't get to the final again?
Fair point  :011:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

This side would get beaten by Shakhtar Donetsk  (both times )  because we are flying with only one wing.

Last year in Europe was Super Serial Special  but it would be excellent to have another bash.  Next time we will be far more savvy about travel and such. 

YankeeJim

This squad is better then what Roy took to the final. We have more depth and more pace. We had some luck both in the draw and on the pitch last time but I think everyone who wins a major cup can say that. We would go far even with only one winger. We have strong attacking subs and besides, stay calm, we are Fulham!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

McBridefan1

Alright I know you are all waiting for my tuppence worth... so here it is. We are an attack minded team that is miles more exciting than woy's team... however in europe we will be playing other attack minded teams and the better finishers will prevail and let's be honest we don't put away half as many as we should do for an attacking team... however, we are still surprisingly strong defensively despite stretching ourselves out more than we ever did under woy, so my long winded answer is actually a question to you people... Don't you think the final against Athletico was the most anti-climactic game (other than Davies' goal) that you ever watched? Wouldn't this team in that same game have had us on our feet the whole time with our hearts in our throats? and we would all be expecting to pull it out... For me Hughes' team still might have lost, but I know it would have been one hell of ride and for me the chance for a final as exciting as that far outweighs the possibility of flaming out early.  :beer:

Fletchino

Has anybody seen the uefa fair table leauge leauge I know the last table they use is around march/April.
Europe is where we belong

Blingo

How Would This Sparky Fulham Side Perform In The Europa?

If we dont find out this season we will find out next.

bog

Anyone know where the final is to be staged and the date yet?

White Noise

Quote from: bog on March 08, 2011, 08:17:56 AM
Anyone know where the final is to be staged and the date yet?

The 2011 UEFA Europa League Final will be played at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland, on 18 May 2011

The 2012 UEFA Europa League Final will be played at Stadionul Naţional, in Bucharest, Romania in May 2012

TonyGilroy

Quote from: McBridefan1 on March 08, 2011, 06:49:05 AM
Alright I know you are all waiting for my tuppence worth... so here it is. We are an attack minded team that is miles more exciting than woy's team... however in europe we will be playing other attack minded teams and the better finishers will prevail and let's be honest we don't put away half as many as we should do for an attacking team... however, we are still surprisingly strong defensively despite stretching ourselves out more than we ever did under woy, so my long winded answer is actually a question to you people... Don't you think the final against Athletico was the most anti-climactic game (other than Davies' goal) that you ever watched? Wouldn't this team in that same game have had us on our feet the whole time with our hearts in our throats? and we would all be expecting to pull it out... For me Hughes' team still might have lost, but I know it would have been one hell of ride and for me the chance for a final as exciting as that far outweighs the possibility of flaming out early.  :beer:

By the time we reached the final the squad was running on empty.

Too many games with too small a squad. An incredible achievement but they had nothing left to give.

Our present squad is far stronger than last season. And we have some young players that need game time and might get it if we qualified for Europe.

richie17

Quote from: McBridefan1 on March 08, 2011, 06:49:05 AM
Alright I know you are all waiting for my tuppence worth... so here it is. We are an attack minded team that is miles more exciting than woy's team... however in europe we will be playing other attack minded teams and the better finishers will prevail and let's be honest we don't put away half as many as we should do for an attacking team... however, we are still surprisingly strong defensively despite stretching ourselves out more than we ever did under woy, so my long winded answer is actually a question to you people... Don't you think the final against Athletico was the most anti-climactic game (other than Davies' goal) that you ever watched? Wouldn't this team in that same game have had us on our feet the whole time with our hearts in our throats? and we would all be expecting to pull it out... For me Hughes' team still might have lost, but I know it would have been one hell of ride and for me the chance for a final as exciting as that far outweighs the possibility of flaming out early.  :beer:

it was more than a game though.  The whole experience... the game was over in 5 minutes, or so it seemed at the time.  A European final can't possibly be an anticlimax.  I know what you're getting at, but to me the final was a worthy end to a staggering season, result notwithstanding.

I suspect Hughes' team would do okay - he also knows how to draw matches, after all - but that the cast iron defence and random moments of extraordinary brilliance that got us to the final probably couldn't be repeated, whether Hughes or Hodgson was in charge.  

and you talk about 'more exciting', but, well, was that not the most exciting series of games you've ever seen?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on March 08, 2011, 08:46:46 AM

and you talk about 'more exciting', but, well, was that not the most exciting series of games you've ever seen?

Yes, yes and yes. The European adventure was fantastic and it would have been even if we had gone out to Juventus as we probably should have done!

King_Crud

jebus, why wouldn't anyone want to do this? Go into Europe, have a few laughs, maybe win some games, if we don't who cares? You never know, you might enjoy it!