https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky On Matt Briggs

Started by White Noise, March 09, 2011, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Great Potential

Wednesday 9th March 2011

After two impressive performances for the First Team against Port Vale and Chelsea in 2010, Matthew Briggs' progress was brought to a shuddering halt at the Emirates in early December due to injury.

Thankfully the England U19 international has fully recovered and put pen-to-paper on a new deal with the Club, and Manager Mark Hughes believes the youngster has a bright future ahead of him at Craven Cottage.

"We've been really impressed with Matthew, certainly since I've come to the Club," Hughes explained. "He's had a few injury problems but hopefully he's over them because they were holding him back.

"When I picked him at Arsenal that [injury] came to the fore and we knew something significant was going on that needed to be addressed. Thankfully we seem to have resolved that and he can start featuring for us.

"It's important for young players to have the security of understanding they know where they're going to be for a number of years and they can focus on developing as a player and person and make a good start to their professional careers.

"Matthew has a real opportunity and great potential. Hopefully if we can keep the injuries to one side he will have a great career."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/March/BriggsPotential.aspx#ixzz1G6f5FYAE

MikeR

Quote from: White Noise on March 09, 2011, 12:56:14 PM
Matthew has a real opportunity and great potential. Hopefully if we can keep the injuries to one side he will have a great career."

Hughes would do well to master the art of the metaphor. Surely he doesn't mean that Briggs will succeed as long as he only has injuries to one side of his body.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Senior Supporter

Quote from: MikeR on March 09, 2011, 06:28:09 PM
Quote from: White Noise on March 09, 2011, 12:56:14 PM
Matthew has a real opportunity and great potential. Hopefully if we can keep the injuries to one side he will have a great career."

Hughes would do well to master the art of the metaphor. Surely he doesn't mean that Briggs will succeed as long as he only has injuries to one side of his body.

Surely he's a left-sided player, so as long as he keeps that side injury free he will be OK. :016:  :tom:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Hughes is a funny one   "We've been really impressed with Matthew, certainly since I've come to the Club,"
He always starts with 'We'  .....................the trinity issit   :005:

Good to see Briggs is not forgotten though  ..................love to see a few 'home - growns' in the first team