watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Timely topic about our youth setup...

Started by Tktd, March 09, 2011, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

So a few articles have surfaced recently and there seems to be quite a bit emphasis on the youth players that seemingly are on the fringe on the clubs main website and increasingly so on match day programmes etc, all arguably coming from a new found confidence in the clubs development infrastructure.

I suppose I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were?

Huw Jennings has come in who has an impeccable record in development along with a few other coaches and it has shown in the quality the youth teams are seemingly producing nowadays (best it's seemingly been in the 15 years I've supported Fulham), we've also seemingly got an academy of gifted youngsters who've moved to us from so called "bigger clubs" - the liverpools, Chelseas, Utd's etc of this world, which may not mean much in terms of academy prospects but to me it still means quite a bit.

We've also managed to coax quite a few seemingly highly regarded players here over the last couple of years - Buchtmann and now Dalle Valle which is exciting as Dalle Valle seems like a real prospect.

I also noticed the article regarding the two boys 7 and 8 who've come over to join our youth setup having turned down most other notable clubs because they thought the setup here was fantastic and the young players in the U7 and U10 teams were of a really high standard...

Does this get anyone else going? And also when do you think we'll start seeing the fruits of the academy coming through on a regular basis - what's Huw Jennings secret (brought through Walcott and Bale at Southampton) and who brought in Huw Jennings because that was obviously a massive coo.