10 Years Ago Today

Started by White Noise, March 10, 2011, 11:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/Chairman-Mo-helps-Norwegians.aspx

Chairman Mo helps Norwegians

last updated Saturday 10th March 2001, 7:53 AM   

Chairman Mo welcomes Norwegian group 

A chance meeting with Fulham Chairman Mohamed Al Fayed led to 8 Norwegian football fans experiencing the day of a lifetime at Craven Cottage last weekend.

The fans turned up at the Cottage for last Sunday's home match against Bolton Wanderers. Unfortunately for them (or fortunately as things turned out) all tickets for home areas of the stadium had been sold in advance.

For a moment it looked as though their long journey to SW6 would be in vain - that is until a chance meeting with the Club's Chairman ended any fears that they might miss the match.

As luck would have it Mr Al Fayed passed by and asked if they "were ok"

When told of their plight the Chairman insisted that they would be his special guests for the day and that they would watch the game from his own VIP lounge.

They were obviously impressed as the following article appeared in VG, the largest selling newspaper in Norway yesterday.

The Scandinavian supporters Branch says Fulham have 8 new members!

Source Fulham fc by Morten Hellem

AlFayedsChequebook

Ha, never knew that story. What a legend. Does anyone know said supporters?

Matt

Only at Fulham, this makes me proud to hear!

Mr. Bilet, are you and Mats one of the eight or do you know any of them?
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

Bilet

Brilliant stuff! Never heard this story before. This is probably some for the early start of the scandinavian supporter branch.

Nick the Swede

Wow, someone found this old gem :)

I've heard the story before and I used to be in contact with Morten Hellem for a few seasons when we tried to coordinate a Scandi branch rather than one supporters club per nation.

Hope these guys are still following the Whites and well done Mo for your hospitality!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"