more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Season Tickets 2011-12

Started by MJG, March 11, 2011, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alternative

Quote from: White Noise on March 13, 2011, 11:37:05 AM
Where does a season ticket come in terms of your priorities? Is it a luxury or a neccessity?

I think it is neither. It is what North Americans refer to as discretionary income.

Mind you I am also amazed at the cost of cinema tickets. They should be about a fiver.

Airfix

£28 up for me.  I'll still pay it, it's part of who I am.

Where does a season ticket come in terms of your priorities? Is it a luxury or a neccessity?

What would you give up before you gave up your ST?

My FFC season ticket is part of my life.  In order not to have to give up anything in order to afford it, I save for it throughout the year.

Bilet

I'm thinking of buying my first ST even though I still will be living in Norway...will probably lend the ticket to other FSC Norway-members when I don't have the chance to travel...

Matt

I'm moving to London in August and will get my first ever ST, probably in H6.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

americanmike

Quote from: Bilet on March 13, 2011, 03:37:34 PM
I'm thinking of buying my first ST even though I still will be living in Norway...will probably lend the ticket to other FSC Norway-members when I don't have the chance to travel...

Several Americans I know do the same thing and I would've done the same if I hadn't moved over.  Crazy, I know.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Matt on March 13, 2011, 03:48:24 PM

Best seats in the house! You'll have to come and say hello to me,  :airfix: and LBNo11.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

mrska

My monies ready and im going to renew as soon as i get the nod from the club..  still brilliant value even if it is just over 20 notes a game.

I wouldn't and couldn't be without my season ticket now..

LBNo11

...I very much doubt I will be able to afford to renew my ST. Work is very lean, bills are going up weekly, I have not had a salary increase in two years - the bottom line is that I can no longer justify contributing towards multi-millionaire footballers ridiculous salaries.

I love Fulham, meeting my friends and the whole experience - but my family and living are priority.

I have no doubt a tourist will fill my space...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Airfix

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 14, 2011, 12:17:25 PM
...I very much doubt I will be able to afford to renew my ST. Work is very lean, bills are going up weekly, I have not had a salary increase in two years - the bottom line is that I can no longer justify contributing towards multi-millionaire footballers ridiculous salaries.

I love Fulham, meeting my friends and the whole experience - but my family and living are priority.

A crying shame, we'd miss ya mate.

I have no doubt a tourist will fill my space...

That'd be one biiiiiiiiiiiig tourist!!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on March 14, 2011, 12:39:46 PM

A crying shame, we'd miss ya mate.

Speak for yourself. I've got tinnitus because of him!  :59:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

King_Crud

My missus and I are having a year of saving for a home deposit, we're cutting down on most things, but my Fulham ticket was my treat for the year.

Saying that, this season was my first with a season ticket. It was ridiculously cheap (£285) but now it's gone up £45, and the post early bird is almost £100 more.

richie17

Yep, really not sure what to do either.   We've had our first child in November and since he's been born I've felt bad leaving Hade at home after she's looked after him all week.  

So we've added expenses from having the boy, her salary has stopped, and on top of this we want to move out of London.  Also, at least two of the four of us who sit together aren't going to go from next year.   Then there's the improved quality of watching online, and the fact that I haven't really enjoyed this season.  

So it is really tempting to save £420.  I'm thinking I might take a few seasons off and start going again when Stanley's old enough to come too.

b+w geezer

I very much doubt I will be able to afford to renew my ST. .....I can no longer justify contributing towards multi-millionaire footballers ridiculous salaries.
Considering the longeivity of your [not-just-offline] support, that is a sad indictment of the times. You also point to the main reason. In the latest club accounts, wages accounted for well over four times matchday income. So a 5% cut in the former would more than enable a 20% cut in the latter. If the poor dears could manage on just the inflation equivalent of what the club paid out in wages in its first prem season (inclusive of Marlet, EVDS etc), the saving would be even greater.

For me it will, if I analyse it, be capital rather than income that funds my next s/t, and there may be few to follow, not least for the reason you cite.

The Doctor

Will have to have a bit of a think myself.  £30 (or £20 before somethime late April) rise is not a major issue for me as it's pretty much in line with the recent trend.

My worries relate to possible future employment.  As of the end of this month I'm effectively unemployed, although I have enough squirrelled away to sort myself out for the ST.  Hopefully I can find myself some work before the start of the season.  And hopefully any such job will be within easy travelling distance of the Cottage

Matt

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 14, 2011, 11:14:19 AM
Quote from: Matt on March 13, 2011, 03:48:24 PM

Best seats in the house! You'll have to come and say hello to me,  :airfix: and LBNo11.

Sure thing! I'll get it in the back. I know Dan Crawford if you know him as well?
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Matt on March 14, 2011, 01:31:52 PM

Sure thing! I'll get it in the back. I know Dan Crawford if you know him as well?

Too well for my own good!  :dft012:
From where he sits, we're in the row behind about 10 yards along towards the river.

Dugliss

My FFC season ticket is part of my life.  In order not to have to give up anything in order to afford it, I save for it throughout the year.
[/quote]

I save up for mine every week throughout the year too but when hit with a £550 car repair bill then Peter had to be robbed to pay Paul. I don`t necessarily blame the club as we are still one of the cheaper clubs but I wonder if the wages of these players will , in hindsight, be the death of football as we know it