https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Season Tickets 2011-12

Started by MJG, March 11, 2011, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

New ST prices for 2011-12 on the main site now
http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/SeasonTickets.aspx

£30 increase for my seats in the Putney end if I buy early. Although I would prefer to move into the JH stand.

Dugliss

£20 extra on mine and £35 extra on my sons. Would a price freeze not have been fairer this year or are we now turning into one of the clubs that just think that someone else will have it if you don`t. Not sure I`m gonna be able to scrape the money tbh

mrska

Yeah 20 pound increase on my ticket as well..  not bad really..  about a pound extra a game..  happy enough..

b+w geezer

I'll probably renew through long-standing habit and the wish to retain congenial neighbours, which is so important in the all-seater era. Without those factors, however, would I be starting out or merely booking for the odd match and otherwise just watching online?

It's vexing enough returning, frozen-toed from a dull defeat, with the thought that you've paid West End show prices almost for the privilege. Then to find that armchair viewers in Australia and South Texas have seen more of the crucial incidents than you and already written knowledgeably about them....maybe you should take that option too.

It's not as if match-day atmosphere is much nowadays, except on rare occasions. So...add those rarities to habit and the neighbours, consider what else you might be spending the money on (fortnightly theatre, concerts, or nice meals out, or something less pleasurable but more urgent) and the mainly-online approach to FFC may well start to seem more attractive than the offline.

In a nutshell, they've current attendees sewn up, but where are the next (regular, full-price paying) tens of thousands of mugs going to come from?

TonyGilroy

As your congenial(?) neighbour that's exactly how I feel.

I've missed more games this season than ever before through illness, cold, work committments or simply not wanting to be bothered particularly for non 3pm Saturday matches.

The rumoured Borough wide parking restrictions would probably finish me off but I guess they'll be announced (if at all) after I've renewed.

There's a fair chance that next season might be my last.

The club can no doubt justify these charges but for me they're too much for what we're getting. I'm fortunate that for me, in truth, it's not a matter of doing without something for sake of a season ticket but I don't like being taken advantage of.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: b+w geezer on March 12, 2011, 10:07:13 AM
I'll probably renew through long-standing habit and the wish to retain congenial neighbours, which is so important in the all-seater era. Without those factors, however, would I be starting out or merely booking for the odd match and otherwise just watching online?

It's vexing enough returning, frozen-toed from a dull defeat, with the thought that you've paid West End show prices almost for the privilege. Then to find that armchair viewers in Australia and South Texas have seen more of the crucial incidents than you and already written knowledgeably about them....maybe you should take that option too.

It's not as if match-day atmosphere is much nowadays, except on rare occasions. So...add those rarities to habit and the neighbours, consider what else you might be spending the money on (fortnightly theatre, concerts, or nice meals out, or something less pleasurable but more urgent) and the mainly-online approach to FFC may well start to seem more attractive than the offline.

In a nutshell, they've current attendees sewn up, but where are the next (regular, full-price paying) tens of thousands of mugs going to come from?

Wrong side of bed this morning!?

I've only been getting the odd 1/2ST for the last few seasons when I could afford them, but I'm pretty sure I'll be renewing for next season (actually, more likely moving from H4 to H5 for the sing song). Armchair viewing is a worthy option for the overseas viewer, but with the rare exceptions of when we're on telly, armchair viewing in the UK is pretty miserable. I enjoy matchdays a thousand times more than watching it in a screen the size of a beer mat that freezes every 2 minutes, however much cheaper it is (and I have to get the bastarding train back to Oxford post-frozen toed defeat).

SG

What annoys me with the pricing is the myth that they are holding the prices. The early bird discounted price this year is the previous years higher renewal price after the previous years early bird deadline - if that makes sense. So the price increases £50- £70 a seat each season and has done every time in the last few years.

This season thankfully I will be able to reduce my 3 seats to 2 so there is a big saving but if they carry on hiking these prices then I will be leaving Block W after next season (after some 18 seasons) or at least selling my seat when I cant make a game and recover some of the outlay.

I am also reaching a point where I come away from some games and think why have I bothered. The entertainment is strictly limited on too many occasions, however they try to hype up this league.

Burt

I'm kind of with Mr Gilroy on this. I have really had a bad run of health for one so young and normally healthy and missed a bucket load of matches as a result.

That said, I will renew, it's about the only quality time I get with my son, and for his junior ticket in particular the value is not too bad.

TheDaddy

Im going to stuggle to get both boys ST's this year £359 for me son now his 17,but £155 is still a good deal for the young'un
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

CorkCity

I will renew if we do NOT get into Europe. The flights are getting very expensive and im sick to death of our games being switched to Sundays.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

b+w geezer

Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 12, 2011, 11:01:35 AM
I enjoy matchdays a thousand times more than watching it in a screen the size of a beer mat that freezes every 2 minutes, however much cheaper it is (and I have to get the bastarding train back to Oxford post-frozen toed defeat).
I have literally never watched a match online, so was not so much advocating that as expressing awareness that it is now a freebie option. Ironically, when we are bad enough to leave the prem it won't be. Meanwhile, I stick by my concern for where the next generation of full-price regulars (weaned on Sky and the Net) is going to come from, not just at Fulham. But especially at Fulham where, unlike elsewhere in London, you will usually be able to get in if you think ahead.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: b+w geezer on March 12, 2011, 11:20:43 AM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 12, 2011, 11:01:35 AM
I enjoy matchdays a thousand times more than watching it in a screen the size of a beer mat that freezes every 2 minutes, however much cheaper it is (and I have to get the bastarding train back to Oxford post-frozen toed defeat).
I have literally never watched a match online, so was not so much advocating that as expressing awareness that it is now a freebie option. Ironically, when we are bad enough to leave the prem it won't be. Meanwhile, I stick by my concern for where the next generation of full-price regulars (weaned on Sky and the Net) is going to come from, not just at Fulham. But especially at Fulham where, unlike elsewhere in London, you will usually be able to get in if you think ahead.

T'is true.

Last season, although I didn't have a season ticket, I practically was a season ticket holder, I managed to go to so many. And, cos I skipped most of the big teams, it was probably cheaper per game than had I bought an ST (especially since I look young enough to buy <21 tickets, which obviously I can't get away with when buying an ST).

Off topic, but looking at (often vastly inflated) ticket prices this season made me wonder if you could actually break even on a season ticket if you flogged all the big games to tourists... Cheeky, but possible probably:
Man U £50-100
Chelsea £50-100
Arsenal  £50-100
Liverpool  £50-100
Spurs £50-100
(maybe City, Everton and the odd cup game too?)
--------------
£250-500, practically the price of a season ticket. Sorted.

sipwell

There is nothing that can replace the real smell of the pitch and excitement of being there, b+w-geezer & Tony. I watch the game on internet because I have to. I would go every game if I could.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: sipwell on March 12, 2011, 12:13:25 PM
There is nothing that can replace the real smell of the pitch and excitement of being there, b+w-geezer & Tony. I watch the game on internet because I have to. I would go every game if I could.

If you'd been doing it for 50 years you might start to wonder how worthwhile it is though.

150 mile round trip for me and getting home at midnight for evening matches and being in the office at 7 next morning is getting tough. Each winter gets colder seemingly and the suggested possible parking restrictions would make my journey longer. Car, park, walk, tube, longer walk on increasingly arthritic toes is not looking an appealing prospect.

I'll probably have a season ticket till I drop and the price isn't the main factor but they are pushing those prices up faster than is right. Addicted punters will pay - others may not.

FatFreddysCat

Though i haven't a season ticket for i think three seasons now, i actually think Fulham have very reasonable prices, if you wanted one at Qpha youd be paying a fair bit more.

americanmike

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 12, 2011, 01:09:46 PM
Though i haven't a season ticket for i think three seasons now, i actually think Fulham have very reasonable prices, if you wanted one at Qpha youd be paying a fair bit more.

You got that right...

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on March 12, 2011, 12:13:25 PM

and me as well, except I usually watch on television.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Alternative

It is over £20 a game in H7 now - assuming you can attend all 19 games.

Pricey enough IMO - especially with so many games that are not Saturday 3pm kick offs.

White Noise

Where does a season ticket come in terms of your priorities? Is it a luxury or a neccessity?

What would you give up before you gave up your ST?

Burt

Mine has gone up to £579 now, and £190 for my son.

£43 per game in total. Add the getting there and back, beer, chips etc. it is not the cheapest of pursuits. Particularly as I have missed several games due to abscesses and sprained ankles.

Still, I don't spend loads on gadgets, clothes, booze, prozzies and ciggies so I guess this is my one real vice in life!