watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup classic: 1975 West Ham 2-0 Fulham

Started by White Noise, March 11, 2011, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCcravencottage

I was at the game, but I can never bring myself to watch it again. I haven't yet been able to watch the Europa Final either, but I've nearly worn out my DVDs of all the previous rounds.  :012:

Burt

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on March 11, 2011, 07:31:30 PM
I haven't yet been able to watch the Europa Final either, but I've nearly worn out my DVDs of all the previous rounds. 

Same! I was in Hamburg but have never had any desire to watch the game again...

Burt

Not Mellor's finest day, that...

Still, Wembley in 2012 beckons!

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Burt on March 11, 2011, 07:52:37 PM
Not Mellor's finest day, that...

Still, Wembley in 2012 beckons!

True but he had his final at Carlise, what a master class in goalkeeping. :Sparkyticus:

wadey

LBNo11

...I still watch the DVD (before that video) of the FA Cup final 1975, if anyone really thinks that the cheats "eased past Fulham" then they need to watch the game again.

Even though my hero was not at his best on the day, and Jimmy Conway had a lump in his groin the size of a grapefruit we still had the first half and matched them for most of the second until the team tired. As FFCcravencottage says, Mellor's performance at Carlisle (and all the other matches in the longest ever cup run by any team ever - which will never be beaten) was superb. On that lovely sunny day in one of the most hostile games I have ever been to, Les Barrett was effectively handed the winner from a rebound, but Mellor was the hero that day.

Sadly we lost the final, but we could all hold our heads up high - which is more than can be said for their scummy fans...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Quote from: Burt on March 11, 2011, 07:47:30 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on March 11, 2011, 07:31:30 PM
I haven't yet been able to watch the Europa Final either, but I've nearly worn out my DVDs of all the previous rounds. 

Same! I was in Hamburg but have never had any desire to watch the game again...
Yep,same here, have watched the intro to the game but can't do watch the game, far too hard...I might cry.

Scrumpy

That cup run was before my time, but I can imagine what it was like if last year is anything to go by.

What was the Carlisle game like? I read an excellent book recently about that Cup run, and they reckoned Carlisel fans and bobbies were kicking us all the way back to the station! Nice.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Snibbo

I was at the match.  Biased, I know, but I came away thinking we were the better team. Not sure I can bring myself to watch the match to see how far out my judgement was.

Snibbo

I do however remember the build up to the final. Loved seeing our players getting interviewed on TV.

Alan Slough in particular, a real character.

Reeled in one of the interviewers by pretending he was doing a crossword and just needed to solve one clue.

"What's the clue", says the gullible interviewer.

"Postman's bag" says Slough

"How many letters" says the gullible interviewer.

"Thousands" says Slough :drums:

Oldie but goldie.

FatFreddysCat

We never lost in 75. Fulham simply didn't excist pre 1979.