watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Totally NFR - transfering HD camcorder content

Started by Burt, March 11, 2011, 07:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I brought an HD camcorder a couple of years ago and the drive is now full.

For the life of me I have not been able to transfer the content to my pooter or on to playable DVD.

Not sure if such a beast exists but does anyone know if there are companies / people out there who look after this sort of thing?

FFCcravencottage

As soon as you put the usb lead in your computer it should show your camcorder drive, you can either copy/cut to a folder on to your computer. Some camcorders you have to download their software to transfer the contents of your drive. Whatever your make or model is just google to see if it needs software to transfer files.

Burt

Thank you for your advice.

It did come with its own software, not the most intuitive package, it has to be said.

I managed to get footage on to the computer, but cannot burn it to disk...

I'll keep on trying.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Burt on March 12, 2011, 11:27:44 AM
Thank you for your advice.

It did come with its own software, not the most intuitive package, it has to be said.

I managed to get footage on to the computer, but cannot burn it to disk...

I'll keep on trying.

Ok well it all depends what the file format is that you have put onto your computer. What format is it AVI or MPEG (or numerous others)?. Then what Burner are you using Nero/ashampoo? If you are not converting your file/files to make a DVD first, then you would have to burn them to a DVD as DATA. Then it would only play on your stand alone DVD Player if it is Divx/MPEG4 compatible.