watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MLS season to kickoff Tuesday

Started by RidgeRider, March 13, 2011, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffbeer

What I saw of the Houston Seattle game was pretty entertaining.  It was so fast in the rain on turf.  Funny they let them have a turf field because when Cleveland was being considered more seriously for MLS expansion they were told no turf.  But Cleveland isnt Seattle is it?  Enough of my sour grapes. Zakuani scored.  Nothing amazing but he really looks a level above everyone else, even Seattle's DP.  Cant be long before he is in Europe somewhere.  For those who have Direct TV, I believe all the days MLS matches are being televised in the  400 channels.

RidgeRider

Quote from: duffbeer on March 26, 2011, 01:12:22 PM
What I saw of the Houston Seattle game was pretty entertaining.  It was so fast in the rain on turf.  Funny they let them have a turf field because when Cleveland was being considered more seriously for MLS expansion they were told no turf.  But Cleveland isnt Seattle is it?  Enough of my sour grapes. Zakuani scored.  Nothing amazing but he really looks a level above everyone else, even Seattle's DP.  Cant be long before he is in Europe somewhere.  For those who have Direct TV, I believe all the days MLS matches are being televised in the  400 channels.

Thanks for the heads up on the channels. I hope they keep them there all season. I'm just wondering why do turf at all considering it is basically a spring/summer league?

pettyfog

I watched Crew DC match last week and by the end of it was anxious for the college season to start so I could watch Akron.  How freakin sad is THAT!

duffbeer

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 26, 2011, 01:34:56 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the channels. I hope they keep them there all season. I'm just wondering why do turf at all considering it is basically a spring/summer league?

Ridge, I'm not getting the MLS channels now.  I got them last weekend so I dont know what the deal is.  Sorry if I messed you up.  I'll call customer service to see if last weekend was just a freebie.

duffbeer

You can watch all the MLS games on Direct TV for a $80/season.  Four $20 payments.  I'm considering it. 

Petty, while I'm a full fledged Akron supporter, their important players will be changing every year or two so it's hard for me to look forward to the season - I only know a few players that will start.  This years recruiting classs supposed  to be the best ever though.

RidgeRider

Quote from: duffbeer on March 26, 2011, 09:10:22 PM

Ridge, I'm not getting the MLS channels now.  I got them last weekend so I dont know what the deal is.  Sorry if I messed you up.  I'll call customer service to see if last weekend was just a freebie.

I got it. I recorded the Portland game, still recording I think, cause I had to go to a competition thing for my daughter today. Watching US v Argentina right now then will watch Portland match.

RidgeRider

Robbie Earle has been found. He is the analyst on Timbers broadcasts.