News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should We Let Kamara Go On Loan This Time?

Started by White Noise, March 15, 2011, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Leicester hoping to click with Kamara

Published 23:00 14/03/11

By Alan Nixon - EXCLUSIVE

Recommend (2)

Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara is wanted on loan by big-spending Leicester - as Sven Goran Eriksson takes a new gamble on winning promotion.

The Senegalese star is out of Mark Hughes' side and available, with the Foxes talking about taking him or the rest of the season and picking up his £24,000-a-week wages.

Kamara would be interested in the deal too after having previous experience in the Championship with West Brom - and Eriksson thinks his goals would give his team a final push.

Leicester are still outside the top six despite some heavy spending but landing Kamara ahead of some of their promotion rivals would be a major coup.

Eriksson's side got back on the rails by beating Scunthorpe United last weekend but their shortage of goals in other games has cost them a play-off place – with a push on to sign Kamara in the next few days.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-transfer-news-Striker-Diomansy-Kamara-is-wanted-by-Leicester-on-loan-article713834.html#ixzz1GePQHvrv

JBH

Yep, unload him of the wage bill, afterall BZ, Moussa, AJ, Gudjohnson, Katatu are all strikers ahead of him and Im  not even including Clint and Zoltan  :028:

AlFayedsChequebook

Goodbye Kamara, thank you for the Man City experience.

Other than that, good riddance, the only good thing is that they can pick up his wages.

BalDrick

Yep, completely surplus to requirements now, has been for a while really. Getting 3 against whoever it was then looking desperately out of his depth in the next Prem game (a relegation candidate I seem to recall) tells you everything you need to know about him.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

White Noise

Kamara set for Leicester as Sven admits club are in talks over loan move

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:30 AM on 15th March 2011

Is that the way to Leicester? Kamara is set to join the Foxes

Sven Goran Eriksson is set to take wantaway Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara on loan until the end of the season.

Kamara has made just 11 appearances for Mark Hughes's side this term, and Leicester boss Eriksson is ready to offer the Senegalese star a way out of Craven Cottage.

Eriksson is in talks with the club's owners over Kamara's £24,000-a-week wages as Leicester bid to secure promotion to the Barclays Premier League.

Although he wasn't prepared to identify the player, the Foxes boss confirmed to BBC Radio Leicester on Tuesday he was chasing a 'big' player, adding: 'We have to take some important decisions regarding that.'

Following back-to-back defeats, Leicester got their season back on track with a 3-0 win at Scunthorpe on Saturday.

The Midlands club are ninth in the npower Championship, five points adrift of the play-offs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1366417/Diomansy-Kamara-set-Leicester.html#ixzz1GfXkBplY

MJG

I have a soft spot for him but after the finance post's today offload him and save upto £1.25M per year.

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: MJG on March 15, 2011, 12:06:04 PM
I have a soft spot for him but after the finance post's today offload him and save upto £1.25M per year.

+1
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Scrumpy

After the goals at Man City, he had the potential to become a real cult hero like Rodney McAree, Sean Davis and Danny Murphy. But he is so damn frustrating at times, and has sat in the reserves for so long happily taking the wage, that he won't be missed by too many of us.  :red:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

FatFreddysCat

Loan him? I'd just let them have him  :038:

Tom

Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 15, 2011, 11:27:02 AM
Goodbye Kamara, thank you for the Man City experience.

Other than that, good riddance, the only good thing is that they can pick up his wages.
Totally agree!
Fulham for life!

MrFFC

bye kamara thanks for the goals against city but time for you to go now your not good enough to wear the fulham shirt and put in a total lack of effort
Come on you Whites!! :)

TonyGilroy

I agree that he's not good enough but lack of effort?

Goalscorers just need to be in the right place. I never saw much effort from Ivor. Just goals and smiles.

MJG

I don't agree with the lack of effort, he may well have run around like a headless chicken and did some strange things when he had the ball, but thats more a lack of brain cells than effort.

MrFFC

well you can call it lack of effort when you see what aj does compared to him (and i'm not even a fan of aj) kamara has banged on about wanting to join psg and celtic for ages i don't feel he wants to be here so we should definately let him go
Come on you Whites!! :)

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Burt

If he wants away and the opportunities are limited then its a no-brainer...

Thanks for the memories (Citeh, Spuds) and good luck in your next move.