watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What commentary annoys you?

Started by Ron Sheepskin, March 16, 2011, 01:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

Following on from the thread about the utter waste of space that is Ray Wilkins, I was wondering what winds you up during commentary?

Mrs S has a fit whenever a commentator says "he won a penalty" - it's not supposed to be something you try and win is it? I get the ache whenever Clive Tyldesley mentions "That magical night in Barcelona" - it was 12 effing years ago - let it go!!

I think the general level of patronising whenever "little" Fulham play is just the norm - but what else gets you reaching for the mute button?
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

King_Crud

The Premier League Is The Greatest League In The World™

mrska

ITV's commentary drives me nuts. The European games they do are sickening.. Their utter BUM licking of all the bigger side makes me mad... then you get the poisoned dwarf Andy Townsend chipping in..

I honestly prefer to watch the games they cover with the sound down. :014: :014: :dft007: :dft007: :026: :026:

BalDrick

Not commentary as such but do we really need to be told the score at the bottom of the page every 5/10 minutes as well as it constantly being displayed at the top? Particularly when it's obscuring play. Drives me absolutely insane that does.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

When you can tell they are not looking at the TV pictures the viewer is watching. WE can see that the ball clearly was over the line/Came off the player/player offside/it was a foul etc. A replay is shown and they still ignore it and carry on going on about what happened and they are wrong.

Also anything on radio(or TV) with Steve(you never played the game so fans no nothing)Claridge, hate that man so much its unreal.

sunburywhite

Eddie Butler on the BBC rugby. What I one eyed / I was brilliant waste of space along with his sycophant Brian Moore.
They have to be the worst ex players commentating on any sport
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MisfitKid

When an annoucer sucks Manure & The Scum all match long when they play a "lesser" club, regardless of how they are playing...  (esp. here in the US) :014:  :035:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Sheepskin Junior

Wrong pronunciation of player's names i.e Dembele - dembley
Hangeland - hanglund etc.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

King_Crud

Quote from: MJG on March 16, 2011, 01:40:57 PM
Also anything on radio(or TV) with Steve(you never played the game so fans no nothing)Claridge, hate that man so much its unreal.

The football league show would be great if it didn't have the presenters, and just had the voiceover guys with a wrap of the ladder at the end of the highlights.

I can't stand the banter that goes on like Steve Claridge has watched every league game.

Presenter guy - "so a tough draw there away for Yeovil"
Claridge - "yeah, they've had a tough patch but they're a good side"

Presenter guy - "so do you think Huddersfield will avoid the drop"
Claridge - "Hudderfield are a strong club, they should do ok"

Utterly pointless time filling. And gawd knows what that chick in the room with the heaphones on is there for.

The Doctor

I'll go one better, Sheepskin Junior.  When commentators arbitrarily change pronounciations.  This used to happen between seasons, but the maligned Alan Green surpassed himself recently by changing the pronouniation of Kolarov midway through one of his commentaries.  Unfortunately, I was driving at the time and couldn't take my eyes off the road long enough to safely re-tune the radio so I was stuck with him.  My God it was a relief when Adderley took over.

On a similar line, my Dad still hasn't mastered the pronounciation of Hangeland.  "Haggerland" he calls him.  Drives me nuts.  Now he's started with "Katuka"  :035:

HatterDon

Biggest complaint from me is coverage of a European match by American announcers when it's clear they're NOT in the stadium; rather, they're commentating only on what we are ALL seeing, and have less info than we do.

Aside from that, I hate the 15 minutes of pre-game that does NOT reflect who is sitting on the bench. ESPN started doing that, and I'm afraid the Fox Channels are beginning to follow suit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel