watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Citeh! Fickle and Im Peeved off!

Started by os5889, March 17, 2011, 06:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

I hope this isn't just me thinking this!

I appreciate the early kick off, I appreciate the bigger ground.

But for a club that has been in the top flight for a period less than us, with fans that are "long suffering" and "craving success" for the biggest night in their recent history with a chance of real silverware in a good competition needing a performance of epic proportions to beat another Ukranian super side I ask one question.... Where the Fook are these fans that are so keen to say they've been there through thick and thin in there nice big half empty stadium!

Rupert

No, there's at least two of us, so you're in bad company. :wink: :tom:
I still get peed off when I remember their one season out of the top two divisions, when we stormed to the Division Two title and they scraped through the play-offs. We played them at their place fairly late on (I think we got tonked) and their programme had all the usual stuff on the results and statistics page, plus an extra table showing average attendences (they were way out in front) and highest crowd of the season. Most of the other teams had little asterisks next to their highest crowd, and at the bottom of the page it helpfully explained that these crowds had turned up to see that huge club, Manchester City, when they deigned to brighten up our otherwise blighted lives by playing a game of footie at our tiny little grounds. The arrogance was appalling. It's a shame they didn't get to enjoy a second season of third flight football, then we might have seen crowds dropping way below the 18,000 they were getting at one stage (still very impressive, but one bad season does not a loyal supporter make, try fifteen years of it).
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.