watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Sets New Premier League Record

Started by White Noise, March 20, 2011, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/other_sports/118317089_Clint_Dempsey_sets_record.html

Clint Dempsey sets record

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Record

Clint Dempsey became the first American to score 10 goals during a Premier League season, but could not prevent Fulham from losing at Everton, 2-1, Saturday.

Fellow American, midfielder Stuart Holden, sustained a deep knee gash during Bolton's 1-0 loss to first-place Manchester United.

Dempsey struck a powerful low shot from the edge of the penalty area, beating U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard in the 62nd minute. Seamus Coleman and Louis Saha had put Everton in front and the home team held on.

Dempsey topped the American mark set by Brian McBride, who scored nine times for Fulham in the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons.

Holden was taken off the field by stretcher to a hospital. His left knee was cut after a cleats-up challenge by United defender Jonny Evans in the 76th minute . Evans drew a red card.

Dimitar Berbatov capitalized on Bolton goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen's error to score the winning goal in the 88th minute for his league-high 20th of the season.

Burt

Congratulations Mr Dempsey sir.

How about extending that record with a few more before the end of the season?

:wine:

BalDrick

Whilst I am a big admirer of Deuce, I'm not sure you could say he's been more valuable to us than McGod. Hmm, not sure - thoughts?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

clint23

Keep up the good work, Clint, and score a few more!  :wine:

LordNelson

Number 10 sure was sweet:  "low & hard" and left footed to boot.  Here's to many many more, mates.  Cheers to the Texas Tornado :wine:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

bigalffc

Top man Clint :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mr. F

:yay: Definitely well deserved. Hope there are a few more before the end of the season!

Tom

Fulham for life!

Jimbobob

:014: :014: :014:
Congrats to Clint but I hope Holden is okay.
Saw that live and it was a brutal cut on his knee...brutal. He was in agony.
I hate Manure so damn much.. :037: :037: :037:
Sir Alex...just rolls the balls out..... :53: :53:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

RidgeRider

He is massively overrated.  :dft012:

SmithyFFC

Is Clint now, in the fans eyes, better than McBride?
FTID

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

YankeeJim

If he didn't fall over so easily he might be in the top ten in the Prem in scoring. Oh! wait.... :hook:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 20, 2011, 09:52:50 PM
He is massively overrated.  :dft012:

Clint is incredibly overrated while remaining massively underrated and soft while having a hardened edge. It has been discovered that he is the living embodiment of the proverbial riddle wrapped up in an enigma shrouded in a mystery.  There are rumors that he may even be the missing link (I know because I just now started the rumor).  

Whatever he is here is to a few more goals from either of his feet or his head or any other body part that he chooses to use that pushes Fulham a little farther up the table.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BalDrick

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on March 20, 2011, 09:59:28 PM
Is Clint now, in the fans eyes, better than McBride?

That was the question I was asking above, but nobody seems to have picked up on it. I'll start a new thread to that effect...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town