watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MLS fantasy soccer

Started by AmericanJames, March 22, 2011, 01:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

I dont know if we have enough people on here to have a league, but would anybody be interested in starting a FoF Fantasy MLS league?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

finnster01

Why? So you yanks can blatantly beat up on me due to my lack of knowledge of MLS?

In like Finn :045:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TheDaddy

I would have ago even tho im on the otherside of the water.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

AmericanJames

duffbeer

I would give it a go if you need people.  I've never done a fantasy team, but my husband has been in American football and baseball fantasy leagues for years, and his friends have always joked that I'm the brains behind his success.  I also might be able to get my 14 yr old kid and his friend (Chelscum fan, but a lame one) to join in as they said they wanted to do an MLS fantasy league  (a potential six). But if you prefer to keep the ladies and boys away so that it's more of a man club dont be afraid to say so.  Wont bother me a bit.  Just offering to help if you want a FOF league, and I'm sure I'd have some fun.

RidgeRider

AmericanJames

very cool, I'll try to get it set up over the weekend, probably on espn's service.

And Mrs. DuffBeer no problem with kids and women, the more participants the better!(even if it is a scum fan, the more fun to beat)

duffbeer

Sounds good James.  The boys are in too.  We're going out of town on Wednesday just as a matter of info not to hold anything up in terms of starting.

AmericanJames

Ok sorry I am a bit late on this but I just created the group on Espn.
The name of the group is Friends Of Fulham
and the password is fof
Im pretty sure it has unlimited capacity so invite any other fulham fans, friends or family.
and Best of Luck to you all!!

Message me if you need any help setting your entry up

RidgeRider

I'm in and have submitted my lineup. Given I only barely know some of these players it should be interesting.  :022:

AmericanJames

We are only at two :red:
Come on everybody get in there

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

duffbeer

James, we are on vacation at the moment and dont have the computer access to pick fantasy teams.  We'll be home on tuesday.  Sorry for the bad timing, but it is nice to get away from the frigid temps in March.

AmericanJames

Quote from: duffbeer on April 01, 2011, 03:35:15 AM
James, we are on vacation at the moment and dont have the computer access to pick fantasy teams.  We'll be home on tuesday.  Sorry for the bad timing, but it is nice to get away from the frigid temps in March.

No problem, enjoy the weather while you can. We are supposed to get a snow/rain mix tomorrow night :046:

SteveM19

Watch out for the big guy -- I'm in

duffbeer

Picked my team.  I probably should've looked at the scoring rules before picking; might've chosen a different formation.  Are they explained on the ESPN site?  I'll have my son pick a team ASAP.  I see several of us chose Zakuani.

AmericanJames

Quote from: duffbeer on April 05, 2011, 03:54:11 PM
Picked my team.  I probably should've looked at the scoring rules before picking; might've chosen a different formation.  Are they explained on the ESPN site?  I'll have my son pick a team ASAP.  I see several of us chose Zakuani.

I watched him a couple weeks ago and was impressed, plus he fit my salary cap.

You can change your formation on there depending on how you want to set it up,  I believe the area to do so is in the upper left hand side

duffbeer

I'm not doing a good job of managing.  I cant keep track of when each week starts,  It would be easier if it was Sat. like the premier league.  And Donovan not playing hurt me.   I'm going to get rid of him.  He'll be gone for all of June anyway for the Gold Cup. 

Anyway, tonight is the Timbers home opener.  Ridge, Grant wahl wrote some good stuff about it in his weekly column.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/grant_wahl/04/14/portland.mailbag/index.html

Beckham has 5 yellows in 6 games and went on a rant about MLS officials.  Smart cover-up on his part because he is wrong in that he was lucky not to get a red, but then lots of people will agree about MLS officiating so it's a safe rant.

AmericanJames

yea the week is a bit confusing. I'm hoping to catch the Timbers game tonight, I dont think I have watched more than 2 MLS games so far :red:

RidgeRider

Quote from: duffbeer on April 14, 2011, 07:16:25 PM
I'm not doing a good job of managing.  I cant keep track of when each week starts,  It would be easier if it was Sat. like the premier league.  And Donovan not playing hurt me.   I'm going to get rid of him.  He'll be gone for all of June anyway for the Gold Cup. 

Anyway, tonight is the Timbers home opener.  Ridge, Grant wahl wrote some good stuff about it in his weekly column.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/grant_wahl/04/14/portland.mailbag/index.html

Beckham has 5 yellows in 6 games and went on a rant about MLS officials.  Smart cover-up on his part because he is wrong in that he was lucky not to get a red, but then lots of people will agree about MLS officiating so it's a safe rant.

Thanks Mo! The atmosphere at the Portland match was amazing last night and has to be the best in the league. It was exciting.