watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Running the Wilmslow half marathon today

Started by NorthernWhite, March 27, 2011, 07:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Less than 3 hours to kick off now. I've managed to do 3 months of training completely injury free and last w/end on a light jog, I screw my ankle! Hopefully it should be OK today and I'll stick some painkillers down my neck before race time to be sure.

I'm hoping for less than 2 hours so as long as the ankle holds up and this stupid cough doesn't affect anything, I should be OK.

Tom

Fulham for life!

Chopper

Good luck. I've started running a bit lately but cannot imagine ever being able to run that far.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

fulhamguy

COYW!

LBNo11

...Good Luck NW, I hope you remembered to change the time to BS, otherwise your time will be awful.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimbobob

:clap_hands: :018: :54:
Good luck and great job and just have fun!!!
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

NorthernWhite

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

I managed to do it in 1hr 47 mins so I was very happy at the end. I did manage to get seriously waylaid by the pub on the way home though. I know they say you need to carb load before and after a run but I'm not sure if beer counts? Oh well, it helped numb the pain!

Burt

Congratulations Mr NW sir.

I have heard that beer is essential to aid the recovery process so hopefully no damage done there  :beer:

ImperialWhite

Quote from: NorthernWhite on March 28, 2011, 06:26:08 AM
Thanks for the good luck wishes.

I managed to do it in 1hr 47 mins so I was very happy at the end. I did manage to get seriously waylaid by the pub on the way home though. I know they say you need to carb load before and after a run but I'm not sure if beer counts? Oh well, it helped numb the pain!

1hr 47mins! Good time sir.

Get any decent goodies after the race? Free tshirts and stuff?

I read in Runners' World that beer is packed with carbs and micronutrients good for runners, so  :beer: :beer: :beer:.

Travers Barney

A good time indeed Imperial White...well done....take it the ankle held out?

We are the whites
We are the whites

NorthernWhite

I got through it yesterday but it wasn't so good today! I've been to the docs as my foot was in agony and I've got to go for an x ray in the morning as she thinks I may have a fracture in my metatarsal when i injured it the weekend before this one! Hopefully not as it means 6 weeks out of action and I was looking forward to getting back to playing football. Ironically I'd stopped playing before the run in case I injured myself.

NorthernWhite

[/quote]

1hr 47mins! Good time sir.

Get any decent goodies after the race? Free tshirts and stuff?

I read in Runners' World that beer is packed with carbs and micronutrients good for runners, so  :beer: :beer: :beer:.
[/quote]

I was only drinking isotonic beer so it was fine!