watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Todays Game

Started by Peabody, April 03, 2011, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Lets concentrate on the football and today, in the first half, I thought we were excellant. Ethu had a terrific game and kept Adam in check, great to see Bobby back on the score sheet from open play But man of the match for me was Chris Baird. So please do not let an inanimate object take away the plaudits for a great team performance on the pitch

Blingo

yatewhite

Difficult to choose between those 3, they were all ecellent. The thing is, we expect quality from Bobby and we expect a solid, reliable and consistent performance from Baird. So, for me, I'm going for Dickson. I was hoping Sidwell would start but I thought Dickson was immense today and never gave the Blackpool midfield (particularly Adams) any chance to settle and create.

finnster01

I think it is impossible to single out bad or even good guys today. Team effort in my book, but if I had to single them out in terms of only + and - (and no neutral), my list would look like this:

Schwarzer: +
Baird: +
Hughes: +
Hangeland: +
Salcido: +
Etuhu: +
Murphy: -
Duff: +
Dempsey: -
Dembele: +
Zamora: +

Johnson: -
Sidwell, Davies: Not enough time to rate.

So in other words I thought everyone of the starters performed more or less well, but I thought both Dempsey and Murphy could have done better. However, that is really nit-picking
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Peabody

I agree about Clint, maybe he was suffering from jetlag because really did'nt seem up for it. By the wa, what about Bairds clearance of the line?

cebu

Yes, it was an excellent clearance from Baird.

Btw has anybody heard how Aaron Hughes is getting on?

Admin

Quote from: finnster01 on April 03, 2011, 06:48:00 PM
I think it is impossible to single out bad or even good guys today. Team effort in my book, but if I had to single them out in terms of only + and - (and no neutral), my list would look like this:

So in other words I thought everyone of the starters performed more or less well, but I thought both Dempsey and Murphy could have done better. However, that is really nit-picking

Not having a dig or anything Fin but I thought Schwarzer was pants today. O.K, he didn't have a lot to do and was asleep for the best part of it but that 1st punch was lazy which lead to the goaline clearance from baird, his kicking was awful again both drop and deadball and his distribution out was far to quick again not letting out midfield settle after they attacked. His parry from the Adams shot was none to clever either and how that guy missed the follow up is beyond me. Miss of the season in my eyes and if i'm not mistaken, Mark is a player that looks like he'soff in the summer.

finnster01

Quote from: Admin on April 03, 2011, 07:05:07 PM

Not having a dig or anything Fin but I thought Schwarzer was pants today. O.K, he didn't have a lot to do and was asleep for the best part of it but that 1st punch was lazy which lead to the goaline clearance from baird, his kicking was awful again both drop and deadball and his distribution out was far to quick again not letting out midfield settle after they attacked. His parry from the Adams shot was none to clever either and how that guy missed the follow up is beyond me. Miss of the season in my eyes and if i'm not mistaken, Mark is a player that looks like he'soff in the summer.
Actually Mr Admin, the more I think about and on further review, I think you are right. I actually for some bizarre reason had forgotten about that horrible punch. The Big Aussie should be corrected and be on a minus.

RidgeRider

I have to agree. I saw no bad performances. Even the two you gave a - I would agree that they didn't have one of their best performances but they did perform badly either. Good all around but Blackpool gave us time on the ball and with Etuhu harassing the way he did it really gave everyone else time to shine.

Burt

I thought Schwartz had an average game by his high standards, so wouldn't give a +.

Agree with the - for Dempsey, very underwhelmed by his contributions.

Biggest surprises for me were Salcido and Etuhu, both of who were excellent.

clint23

Murphy was amazing today, he and Etuhu made Adam look poo, and Dempsey was a bit tired, but still he was great.

finnster01

I actually thought Murphy did not play to his standards. He gave the ball away too many times, but fought hard to try win it back defensively but he was always going to get the yellow. In fact, on another day he could have gotten 2 as Adam was trying his best to send him off. It didn't help he was complaining to the ref all the time and threw all the toys out of the pram.

He should have realized the only team that has a chance to catch us going to Europe via fair-play is Blackpool, and the truth is they won that battle 2-1. It didn't help the little scuffle in the stands at the end either. According to the latest standings we were only a whisker and a nose ahead of Blackpool.

As the team captain Murphy has to show bigger restraint.

HatterDon

Quote from: finnster01 on April 03, 2011, 10:34:27 PM
I actually thought Murphy did not play to his standards. He gave the ball away too many times, but fought hard to try win it back defensively but he was always going to get the yellow. In fact, on another day he could have gotten 2 as Adam was trying his best to send him off. It didn't help he was complaining to the ref all the time and threw all the toys out of the pram.

He should have realized the only team that has a chance to catch us going to Europe via fair-play is Blackpool, and the truth is they won that battle 2-1. It didn't help the little scuffle in the stands at the end either. According to the latest standings we were only a whisker and a nose ahead of Blackpool.

As the team captain Murphy has to show bigger restraint.

Mr. Finn, I think you're the greatest and we seldom disagree, but the LAST thing I want a Fulham player thinking about while we're four points above the relegation zone [as we were before the victory today] is where we stand in the Fair Play League.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Fair play Mr Hatter. Between Europe and the Prem, there will never be even a whisker of doubts where the priority sits. Just want both to happen.