https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky Hopes Gera Will Stay

Started by White Noise, April 06, 2011, 07:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 06, 2011, 07:46:06 PM
Quote from: White Noise on April 06, 2011, 11:39:51 AM
Keep them all says I - we are going to need them in the Europa next season. If I was Hughes that would be something I would keep an eye on because it is announced before season end isn't it and it would be a considerable carrot to offer to young and older players to tempt them to stay. Everyone got lots of game time last season.

As for Simon Davies, he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Was willing to play for us in The Championship before the Pompey game and will surely finish his career with us now.

LOTS of good points but this one hit home with. Hughes will want to state publicly his desire to keep Gera because he will NEED Gera next year when we are in the Europa League.
All Sparky has to do is exercise the Fulham option for 1 more year that is in Gera's contract.

Legally, Gera can not do anything. But you probably do not want to keep a player who doesn't want to play for the club but either way, it enables the club to avoid him going on a free this summer.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

If Gera wants regular first team action then it is clear he isn't going to get it here, for whatever reason he is down the Sparky pecking order.

If he is prepared to be part of a squad then keep him... A strong bench always comes in handy, and its not as if we have been blessed with riches in that area that often.

MJG

Quote from: finnster01 on April 06, 2011, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on April 06, 2011, 07:46:06 PM
Quote from: White Noise on April 06, 2011, 11:39:51 AM
Keep them all says I - we are going to need them in the Europa next season. If I was Hughes that would be something I would keep an eye on because it is announced before season end isn't it and it would be a considerable carrot to offer to young and older players to tempt them to stay. Everyone got lots of game time last season.

As for Simon Davies, he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Was willing to play for us in The Championship before the Pompey game and will surely finish his career with us now.

LOTS of good points but this one hit home with. Hughes will want to state publicly his desire to keep Gera because he will NEED Gera next year when we are in the Europa League.
All Sparky has to do is exercise the Fulham option for 1 more year that is in Gera's contract.

Legally, Gera can not do anything. But you probably do not want to keep a player who doesn't want to play for the club but either way, it enables the club to avoid him going on a free this summer.

But has the number of games needed for the clause kicked in. If not then it seems strange that Hughes has not picked him for a number of games now and yet still states he wants to keep him.
There is something strange about the whole subject of Gera, Hughes wants him but does not pick him.there is a clause that if reached puts an extra year on the contract, good for fulham to get a fee, bad for gera if he really wants to go.
I doubt we will ever see Gera in a fulham shirt again while we have the two loanees and everyone else is fit.

finnster01

I am in the understanding that Gera already has made the limit. If not, expect Sparky to give him a few runs after we are further into the black and safe.

But as I have it, I think the option is already exercisable.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead