News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - stupid question: Is Jim Morrison alive?

Started by BalDrick, April 07, 2011, 11:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Nobody really knows do they? And Manzarek was quoted as saying Mr Mojo Risin had spoken of faking his death and going into hiding shortly before he moved to Paris.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

finnster01

Quote from: BalDrick on April 07, 2011, 11:58:02 AM
Nobody really knows do they? And Manzarek was quoted as saying Mr Mojo Risin had spoken of faking his death and going into hiding shortly before he moved to Paris.
He is alive and kicking and sharing a flat with Elvis, Emilia Earhart and Lord Lucan. They all take turns riding Shergar for giggles. :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

He was found dangling from a doorway while attempting some auto-erotica after splitting from Paula Yates.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BalDrick

Quote from: The Equalizer on April 07, 2011, 12:43:23 PM
He was found dangling from a doorway while attempting some auto-erotica after splitting from Paula Yates.

That twit wasn't fit to lace Morrison's boots

The Equalizer

Quote from: BalDrick on April 07, 2011, 12:50:46 PM

OI oi! Don't be knocking INXS! One of my favourite bands.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

NogoodBoyo

Alive and well living two Doors down.....
Nogood "LA Womanising, isit" Boyo

richie17

Morrison was quite the twit himself though. Really, different time, different place, but in their own way probably cut from the same tree.

BalDrick

Quote from: richie17 on April 07, 2011, 04:51:18 PM

Morrison was quite the twit himself though. Really, different time, different place, but in their own way probably cut from the same tree.

I'm sure he was - none of us (as far as I know) ever met him so we'll never know (unless he is alive - ha ha) but I'd venture to suggest his musical legacy was better than the Australian's. But that's just down to taste, so there's no real right answer (though I'm not sure what I'd make of someone who said 'I prefer INXS to The Doors').

finnster01

Quote from: BalDrick on April 07, 2011, 05:01:27 PM

...(though I'm not sure what I'd make of someone who said 'I prefer INXS to The Doors').
That someone would not frequent any public place you would find me in. I kind of liked one of their albums but to compare INXS to The Doors is like comparing Shefki Kuqi to Louis Saha
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

LordNelson

I bet he woke up this mornin and he got hisself a beeaaah.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

richie17

Quote from: BalDrick on April 07, 2011, 05:01:27 PM

I'm sure he was - none of us (as far as I know) ever met him so we'll never know (unless he is alive - ha ha) but I'd venture to suggest his musical legacy was better than the Australian's. But that's just down to taste, so there's no real right answer (though I'm not sure what I'd make of someone who said 'I prefer INXS to The Doors').

Nah, just read a couple of biographies back in the day, as well as a few books about the West Coast thing in the 60s. The Dead, for example, were really anxious to have nothing to do with Morrison and the Doors because they were very "LA" and full of themselves.

So while there's some quite powerful music to come of all that ("The End", etc), and certainly INXS were a mickey mouse band, I don't think a great deal of either (and this is from someone who wanted to be Morrison when he was 18!).  But as you say, it's all taste isn't it?

BalDrick

'...but to compare INXS to The Doors is like comparing Shefki Kuqi to Louis Saha'

Thank you - genuine laugh-out-loud moment, which are rare at 7am