watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pubs in Manchester

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, April 08, 2011, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

First trip to Old Trafford to watch Fulham, where are the best places to find Fulham bretheren?

ImperialWhite

I'm going to head down to the Printworks (near Manchester Cathedral), where they used to print the Manchester Guardian - beaucoup de bars and pubs, including the Oyster Bar, a mock Tudor (actual Tudor?) pub in the nearby square (it was moved brick by brick from it's old location after the IRA attack).

Don't think any of the pubs near the ground will serve away fans, so I think the best bet is to drink in town then catch the train from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester United FC Railway station (takes about 10-20 minutes, last train at 2.10pm).

BalDrick

Last time I went (think it was for Citeh rather than United), we found quite a good one about 5 minutes walk from the station. No that's not very interesting or indeed adventurous but I was there for a football match. Cross the road, first left seems to ring a vague bell - there were quite a lot of Fulham in there, and some good-natured Citeh types. (Have a feeling our neighbours were playing theirs on telly, obviously different sets of fans wanted a different result in that game too.)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

michaelread

Quote from: ImperialWhite on April 08, 2011, 09:49:07 AM
I'm going to head down to the Printworks (near Manchester Cathedral), where they used to print the Manchester Guardian - beaucoup de bars and pubs, including the Oyster Bar, a mock Tudor (actual Tudor?) pub in the nearby square (it was moved brick by brick from it's old location after the IRA attack).

Don't think any of the pubs near the ground will serve away fans, so I think the best bet is to drink in town then catch the train from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester United FC Railway station (takes about 10-20 minutes, last train at 2.10pm).

printworks is a good call, watched a lot of football there when i was in manchester in january, generally friendly crowd and right near the bus station (which also does buses directly to the stadium, but they take about half an hour)

Blingo

Wherever you go AFC the place is a sh1thole.