watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton marathon in a Fulham shirt.

Started by WHITEwitch, April 11, 2011, 08:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITEwitch

Congratulations Katy (aka misswitch2) who ran her first marathon in the blazing sun yesterday and did it in 4h 17m raising a hefty sum for Riding For the Disabled.

She wants me to say thanks to the group of Fulham fans by the pier who raised one hell of a racket when she came in view wearing the shirt.

All the way round she had comments like 'someone had to support them' or low key  'come on Fulham' from the spectators who recognized the badge.  Gave her a terrific lift though when she got to the pier (and was rapidly running out of steam) to see a group of lads who went absolutely ballistic when they saw the shirt and did her an amazing chorus of COYW's and Fulham songs.

They drowned out the official tannoy system and all the other spectators and she could hear them a long way past.

Also many many thanks to all of you who sponsored her - she has raised over a grand for a worthy cause.

Needless to say one very proud Mum here!!!

Tom

We need to see a pic for this thread to be any good.
Fulham for life!

WHITEwitch

Scrumpy

Quote from: WHITEwitch on April 11, 2011, 08:15:30 AM
Congratulations Katy (aka misswitch2) who ran her first marathon in the blazing sun yesterday and did it in 4h 17m raising a hefty sum for Riding For the Disabled.

She wants me to say thanks to the group of Fulham fans by the pier who raised one hell of a racket when she came in view wearing the shirt.

All the way round she had comments like 'someone had to support them' or low key  'come on Fulham' from the spectators who recognized the badge.  Gave her a terrific lift though when she got to the pier (and was rapidly running out of steam) to see a group of lads who went absolutely ballistic when they saw the shirt and did her an amazing chorus of COYW's and Fulham songs.

They drowned out the official tannoy system and all the other spectators and she could hear them a long way past.

Also many many thanks to all of you who sponsored her - she has raised over a grand for a worthy cause.

Needless to say one very proud Mum here!!!

Good for her. I owe her some money!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SHADY1

I paid upfront and was hoping i'd get a refund.... you can never rely on women to get it right or fail when needed...  :011:
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

HatterDon

wonderful performance. Thanks for representing!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

I think i owe some money as well. Let me know.

WHITEwitch

Quote from: Tom on April 11, 2011, 04:09:14 PM
Quote from: WHITEwitch on April 11, 2011, 09:20:47 AM
I'll find one for you.
Sounds good.

Still waiting for them to send official photos through.  Got a good one of someones hand over the finish line :o(

mrska

Whitewitch asked me to post this of our Katy doing the Brighton Marathon..

HatterDon

Quote from: mr_ska on April 11, 2011, 08:52:28 PM

All I'm getting here down in Gawd's Country is a little red X. Sometimes, if I wait long enough, that goes away. Hope it does this time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mrska

Dont know why you cant see the piccy... maybe only i can see it...  ive tried a couple of ways..????????????

FFCcravencottage

Mr Ska I think you will find as you have post the photo straight from your Facebook page is the reason we can't see it on here. I just checked the link on your Facebook page and it won't show it until I sign up to become your friend LOL  :dft002:
Your not looking for friends are you? :011:

mrska

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on April 12, 2011, 10:05:52 AM

Mr Ska I think you will find as you have post the photo straight from your Facebook page is the reason we can't see it on here. I just checked the link on your Facebook page and it won't show it until I sign up to become your friend LOL  :dft002:
Your not looking for friends are you? :011:
I can never have enough Fulham friends!!!

FatFreddysCat

Little red cross for me as well. Anyone got the picture of Flynny doing a Stoke tackle on Katy  :011: .

BB

No photo... no little red cross!! Sweet fanny adams...  :035: :dft004: