watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (12.04.11)

Started by White Noise, April 12, 2011, 06:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/bristol-city-striker-maynard-dreams-arsenal-move-1563921

Bristol City striker Maynard dreams of Arsenal move

11.04.11 | tribalfootball.com

Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard has made a 'come and get me' plea to Arsenal.

A host of clubs including Fulham, Newcastle, Blackburn and Bolton are trailing Maynard, who is out of contract next year.

He struck 21 goals last season and his late penalty at Barnsley took his tally to six in eight games after six months out with a knee injury.

Maynard, 24, said: "It's just about being hungry. Everyone wants to play in the Premier League.

"I'm an Arsenal fan, so Gunners legend Ian Wright was one of my heroes. He didn't get to play there until late and it shows what's possible."

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/wolves-learn-extent-ebanks-blake-injury-today-1563581

Wolves to learn extent of Ebanks-Blake injury today

Wolves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake faces a scan today on a hamstring injury.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is hoping the two week break from action will enable Ebanks-Blake to recover before Wolves entertain Fulham on April 23.

The Wolves manager said: "We'll have to see what sort of a strain or tear it is as to how long he will be out.

"How badly, we'll know today sometime but hopefully he's got a chance for Fulham.

"Injuries have made life difficult for us and are certainly not helping.

"You lose your strikers and, when you are looking to get goals back like on Saturday, it's difficult without them on the pitch."

White Noise

http://www.fansfc.com/Fulham/story/31388/8.html

Blues hope to take Gera from Fulham

10:30 AM 11 April, 2011

Birmingham City Football Club hope to take Zoltan Gera on a free this summer.

The Hungarian international is approaching the end of his contract at Fulham, although Mark Hughes hopes to persuade him to sign a new deal.

However, it looks increasingly likely that the attacking midfielder will bid farewell to Craven Cottage when the window reopens, in his search for regular first team football.

The former West Bromwich Albion man has been used mainly as a substitute this season, and he feels he is worthy of a starting place in Hughes' side.

According to the Express & Star, Alex McLeish has taken a liking to the 31-year-old, and hopes to add him to his Blues squad at St Andrews for next season.

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/apostolos-vellios-i-chose-everton-over-villa-fulham-offers-1562771

Apostolos Vellios: I chose Everton over Villa, Fulham offers

Apostolos Vellios is happy with his decision to join Everton.

The striker – snapped up from little-known Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki in January – was handed a Premier League debut against Aston Villa last week and also featured from the bench against Wolves on Saturday.

Vellios told evertonfc.com: "The Premier League was my number one choice and as soon as I came here to Everton, saw the stadium, the training ground and met with the players and coach I knew this was the place for me. I was so impressed and I feel very good here.

"I had offers from Aston Villa and Fulham and a lot of clubs in Greece like Olympiakos and AEK, but here was the best choice for me."

White Noise

Dan Burn move will motivate Darlington FC

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Apr 12 2011

MARK Cooper feels that the imminent transfer of young defender Dan Burn to Fulham will give all of Darlington's Academy players motivation moving forward.

The Quakers travel to relegated Histon tonight but much of the focus over the last few days has been on the future of 18-year-old Burn, who looks set to move to Craven Cottage in the summer.

The impressive youngster has made ten appearances but looks set to miss out again tonight as a top flight transfer is thrashed out. Everton are interested in him but it looks as if Fulham and Mark Hughes have stolen a march on the Toffees.

A deal is yet to be done but Cooper admits that Burn's departure is imminent. While a blow to his efforts to lead the club out of the Conference next year, it is also a timely fillip for the youth team and their supremo Craig Liddle.

Confirming Burn's exit, Cooper said: "There are numerous clubs that are interested in Dan Burn, as far as I'm aware there's nothing been signed.

"Whoever comes up with the money will get the player at the end of the season.

"He's been down to Fulham, they're very keen on him." The money will be useful to Darlington but having a player move into the top flight also helps the Quakers sell themselves to potential young recruits.

Striker John Campbell impressed on Saturday and he is not alone in breaking through the ranks at Neasham Road.

Phil Gray is another who is tipped for big things and that has drawn praise from boss Cooper.

He said: "We spoke about Craig Liddle and the young boys he's bringing through and there's more of them to come.

"What is does do is give the younger lads the belief that if they are good enough they're going to get a chance in the team."

Cooper will be looking for improvement at Histon despite a 3-1 win over Bath City on Saturday.

While a good result, there were elements of the game that left Cooper dissatisfied and he admits that inconsistency has been their undoing this year. A summer clear-out of underachievers seems inevitable.

"In spells this season we've done well and we've got to the Trophy final, but you're judged on your league form and we've not been good enough," he said.

"We've had too many draws, there weren't enough wins, because we were weak mentally. It's very frustrating but I can't do anything about it until the end of the season."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/newcastle-sports/football-news/non-league-football/2011/04/12/dan-burn-move-will-motivate-darlington-fc-61634-28502060/#ixzz1JIoNccRL

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/04/12/gera-set-to-snub-newcastle-united-for-overseas-move-64767-28504579/

Gera set to snub Newcastle United for overseas move

Apr 12 2011 By Jacob Murtagh

ZOLTAN Gera wants to move overseas when his contract at Fulham expires in the summer.

The Hungarian looks certain to leave Craven Cottage at the end of the season after turning down the chance to stay in SW6.

Gera has been linked with Newcastle United, but the 31-year-old wants a new challenge after seven years in England.

He said: "I am waiting for the end of the season to sign for an other club. I am in the best years of my career and hope I can get better.

"I want to change country with my family. I would like to play in Spain, Italy or Germany and try myself in a different environment. I like new challenges."

White Noise

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Diomansy-Kamara-aiming-Leicester-City-dream/article-3433884-detail/article.html

Diomansy Kamara aiming to keep up the Leicester City dream

Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 09:30

Diomansy Kamara believes he can build on his "dream debut" when Leicester City face Crystal Palace at the Walkers Stadium tonight (7.45pm).

The on-loan striker played his first home game on Saturday, scoring one goal and earning a penalty in the 4-0 win against Burnley.

Kamara left the field to a standing ovation from the Walkers Stadium crowd, and he hopes his goals, and all-round contribution, can breathe new life into City's Championship play-off push.

The 30-year-old Senegal international, who scored after just 23 minutes, said: "It was a dream debut and an unbelievable feeling. When you play in front of a new set of supporters you want to do well.

"It was great to help get the win for the team and for the fans.

"I am so happy because it is important for a striker to score and my confidence is high."

Kamara, on loan from Fulham until the end of the season, said the 4-0 victory has raised the spirits in the City camp.

He said: "When we drew at Middlesbrough everyone was a little bit down, but we know that the manager, the chairman and the fans don't want us to stay in the Championship.

"They have a lot of expectation and I want to repay them for the confidence they have shown in me. I want to do well for them as they want the club to be back in the Premier League as soon as possible.

"We showed we have a strong team and for the final six games we will do as much as we can to get into the play-offs."

Kamara also believes being re-united with Yakubu, his striking partner at Portsmouth, will boost City's chances.

He said: "I have known him for a long time and I know his movement."

Manager Sven-Goran Eriksson admits he might look to sign Kamara on a permanent basis – but it would rest on City acquiring a top-flight place.

"I would like to sign him permanently and that is the same with others.

"We have already started discussions with some of the loanees' clubs, but with Yakubu, Kamara and, maybe, Jeffrey Bruma, if we are not in the Premier League they will think twice over what to do."

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/choosing-your-goalkeeper/

Choosing your goalkeeper

Filed under: General — rich @ 7:53 am

David Stockdale's been on twitter saying more or less what he's thinking, e.g. I want to play first team football. Whether this is the correct medium for the message, and what he accomplishes by making these comments is a debate for another day, but there they are: Stockdale wants to play.

The problem is big, yellow and Australian. Mark Schwarzer's still playing well (ignore the Man Utd mistake: my view is that these things will happen and it doesn't *mean* anything, although had Stockdale made the same error it would have been a sign that he isn't "ready") and while that's the case it's hard to see Hughes making a change. We're not safe from relegation so it makes every sense to minimise all risks. And switching to a young goalkeeper at the very end of a season when you don't have to is a risk, doubly so if relegation is still possible.

The concern is that if you keep Stockdale out he doesn't get the experience he needs and leaves to get it elsewhere. I have no beef with keeping Schwarzer in goal now, but next season the two probably have to start off as equals with the winner being the goalkeeper who impresses the most in pre-season. Man City had a similarly tough decision to make with Hart and Given, and while Given didn't like it, Hart's time had come. Stockdale is older than Hart and has also played very well when given the chance, so there's no reason why the same thing shouldn't happen at Fulham.

Doubly so because to go with Schwarzer again would be to risk losing Stockdale, who, having tasted an England squad, would presumably not want another season as a backup. You either lose him on loan or by transfer. The loan would work well because Schwarzer can't have more than a season or two left in him, however fit he might be, but might not be what Stockdale wants at this point (see Ben Foster/Scott Carson).

If you do choose Schwarzer next season, then, you could be choosing 1/2 years of him versus the rest of David Stockdale's career. (How the proposed Alex Manninger signing fits into this is anyone's guess, and suggests that one of the two goalkeepers we presently have will not be here next season.) Of course Hughes will be weighing all of this up and speaking to the players involved, but this, for now, is the CCN verdict: Schwarzer for the rest of the season, Stockdale next, if he proves he deserves it.

White Noise

Cardinal Heenan's under-12s football team to play national cup final at Craven Cottage

by Paul Snowdon, Liverpool Echo

Apr 12 2011

A VISIT to see the new and much-publicised Michael Jackson statue (inset) is likely to be on the itinerary for the Cardinal Heenan under-12s football team when they face Whitgift School (Croydon) in the English Schools' FA under-12 Danone Nations Cup Final.

For the game, which is expected to be an absolute 'Thriller', is scheduled for Craven Cottage, the London home of Fulham FC – where the players should be told, in terms of goals at least – 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough'!

In the cup run to date, the lads from the West Derby Catholic High School have had few problems scoring and having to travel away from home should hold few fears.

They claimed an impressive 3-1 win at Wilmslow High School in the semi-final where Lewis Reilly, Kevin Cringle and Shernick Grove were on target in the triumph.

Their success on the road is excellent news – for a victory in the final will mean they will have qualified for Europe!

"If we win the team will invited to be the England representatives at Damone Nations Cup in Spain," said team manager Yacine Rachi, who not surprisingly is also head of gifted and talented in the school.

He continued: "It is a sort of mini World Cup, and would be a huge honour and a very exciting prospect for our team and school.

"The team has grown in confidence.

"In the cup run we have played eight games to reach the final and have got better as the competition has gone on.

"We have beaten some good sides on route, but our best win came in the semi-final at Wilmslow when we were outstanding.

"They had already beaten SFX and West Derby and were a high quality team – it remains our best performance to date."

"Originally were given Monday May 9, for our final, but because the Fulham-Liverpool game has been switched from the Sunday to the Monday, our date has also been changed.

"We are all really looking forward to playing at Craven Cottage."

National knockouts this season are proving to be hugely successful for the Honeysgreen Lane school.

For as reported last month in Junior XSport, the under-13s also secured a place in an ESFA national final, when a Lee Jones volley proved enough to beat St Margaret's (Aigburth) 1-0 in the semi-final at Walton's Liverpool Soccer Centre.

The Year 8 boys will meet Eastbury Comprehensive School (Barking & Dagenham) at a venue and date to be confirmed.

In reaching two finals, the college are setting new standards.

For a quick flick through the record books could find no other instance of two teams, from a Liverpool or Merseyside school, reaching national ESFA finals in the same season. ŠŠŠŠ

The under-15s also claimed a spot in the last eight, but lost 3-1 to Toll Bar (Grimsby).

However, they recovered quickly from this disappointment, to beat SFX and secure a spot in the MCSFA Junior Shield final against West Derby.

This achievement by Cardinal Heenan Sports College should not be under estimated.

For it is interesting to note that despite nurturing players through their ranks of the quality of Steven Gerrard (below, right), Colin Harvey, Bradley Orr, David Nugent, Jay McEveley, Carl Tremarco, John Welsh and David Price, it is believed that none had the privilege of representing the school in a similar ESFA game.

THE ESFA U-12s Cup Final is on Wednesday, May 11, kick-off 4.30pm.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/junior-football/2011/04/12/cardinal-heenan-s-under-12s-football-team-to-play-national-cup-final-at-craven-cottage-100252-28501786/#ixzz1JIqHkFkX

White Noise

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/wenger-and-ferguson-to-battle-for-premiership-keeper/

Wenger and Ferguson to Battle for Premiership Keeper

Posted on 12 April 2011

Arsenal and Manchester United have been put on red alert after Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale has admitted he could be forced out of Craven Cottage.

Stockdale, who has been on the fringes of the England squad is very much the number two choice keeper at Fulham behind Australian Mark Schwarzer.

Writing on his official Twitter account Stockdale said: "Hope I can challenge for the No 1 spot next year.

"If not I will have to evaluate my future as MS (Schwarzer) is looking in good shape. If people think I don't want to play for Fulham that's wrong!

"I WANT to play at Fulham for a long time! PLAY being the word!"

The news will spark interest from Arsenal and Manchester United with both clubs looking for a new number one in the summer transfer window.

Ferguson is desperate for a new keeper with Edwin van der Sar retiring at the end of the campaign and sees Stockdale as a keeper with a bright future after some impressive displays in Schwarzer's absence.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also keen on bringing in a new keeper during the transfer window. The Gunners have had a number of problems with their keepers this season and Wenger has had to bring back 41-year-old  Jens Lehmann, who player in their 3-1 victory over Blackpool on Sunday.

The former Darlington stopper has made 10 appearances this season whilst Schwarzer was away on international duty with Australia at the Asia Cup. During his time in-between the posts Stockdale kept five clean sheets.

Since the 25-year-olds move to Fulham in 2008 he has been out on loan at Rotherham, Leicester and Plymouth Argyle.

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2011/04/11/golden-lion-s-ann-celebrates-20-years-in-charge-of-fulham-fc-hang-out-82029-28499190/

Golden Lion's Ann celebrates 20 years in charge of Fulham FC hang-out

By Adam Courtney

Apr 11 2011

It is one of the liveliest community pubs in Fulham, hosting music, darts and hordes of football fans every month.

But, as The Golden Lion's landlady Ann Carroll celebrated 20 years in charge at the weekend, she recalled how, but for a concerted campaign by regulars through the pages of the Chronicle, the Fulham High Street pub could now look very different.

"About five years ago, the brewery wanted to turn it into a yuppy pub, and I was about two weeks from leaving," explained mother-of-three Ann.

"But the regulars were up in arms and got the council involved and even wrote to Prince Charles. The Chronicle helped them and, such was the strength of feeling, the brewery changed their mind and here I am today.

"We've gone from strength to strength and I'm glad I never left. I brought my children up here and I've lived in the area all my life.

"It's a fantastic pub to be a part of and I hope I'm here for the next 20 years."

Ann, who grew up in nearby Crookham Road, has noticed the change in Fulham over the last 20 years, with an increasing number of 'trendy' bars opening.

But her part of town, she believes, is different, with a greater emphasis on community.

"The difference from when I was growing up, especially around the Broadway, has been huge, but not so much around here because people appreciate the importance of community.

"I think a pub like ours is vital because we welcome everyone, from children to pensioners, and that's the way it should be."

When Ann first joined, the pub was for away football supporters only. But she quickly formed links with Fulham fans and it is now one of the busiest pre-match hang-outs in the area.

Last weekend there was only one topic of conversation before Fulham's match – the controversial Michael Jackson statue.

"It's fair to say most people are pretty surprised by it – it's just quite weird," said Ann.

And, whatever chairman Mohammed Al-Fayed comes up with next, you can be sure Fulham fans will be in the Golden Lion discussing it.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2011/04/11/golden-lion-s-ann-celebrates-20-years-in-charge-of-fulham-fc-hang-out-82029-28499190/#ixzz1JIvDlA1T

White Noise

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-in-line-for-europa-league-qualification-2266724.html

Fulham in line for Europa League qualification

PA

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Fulham are in contention for an unlikely place in next season's UEFA Europa League via the Fair Play system.

Each season the top three countries in the Respect Fair Play League receive an extra Europa League place under UEFA rules and England currently lie second in the standings behind Norway.

The highest-placed team in the Barclays Premier League's Fair Play table who have not otherwise qualified for Europe are put forward, meaning Fulham are on course to receive the berth with an average rating of 8.42 over their 30 games this season.

The Cottagers, who finished runners-up in last year's Europa League, currently sit second in the Premier League's Fair Play table behind west London neighbours Chelsea

With the Blues in line to secure a European spot through the league, it means Fulham are in place to earn a spot in the Europa League despite currently standing 11th in the table

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-04-12/who-owns-your-club-20-premier-league-money-men

Who owns your club? the 20 premier league money men!

Is it a Russian Oligarch, a super-rich Sheikh, a mega-money American or an English entrepreneur?

By Sian Parry,Tuesday, April 4

Arsenal may be in the process of American Stan Kroenke becoming a majority shareholder in club, but just who owns your favourite club and how did they get enough money to do it?

(all fortunes are estimated from sources including Forbes)

Arsenal

Owned by: Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov
Nationality: American and Russian

How they made their money: Kroenke made his money through commerical property and retailing, he also owns NBA team the Denver Nuggets. Usamanov made his fortune in mining and investment but now has stakes in the media and telecommunications.
Worth: Stan Kroenke £1.1billion (2010) Usmanov £10billion (2010)

Aston Villa

Owned by: Randy Lerner
Nationality: American

How they made their money: Through his father's credit card company. Also owns NFL team Cleveland Browns.
Worth: £750million (2009)

Birmingham

Owned by: Carson Yeung
Nationality: Chinese

How they made their money: Ten years ago he was a struggling barber, thought to have made fortunes through stocks and casinos.
Worth: £150million (2009)

Blackburn

Owned by: Venky's Limited
Nationality: Indian

How they made their money: Chicken farming and poultry farming equipment

Worth: £650million (2009)

Blackpool

Owned by: Owen Oyston and Valeri Belokon
Nationality: English and Latvian

How they made their money: Oyston made his money as an estate agent before investing in media companies. Belokon made his money through finance and media.
Worth: Oyston £105million (2009) Belokon £200million (2010)

Bolton

Owned by: Eddie Davies
Nationality: English

How they made their money: Kettle components including cords, controls and other devices to boil water.
Worth: £100miliion (2009)

Chelsea

Owned by: Roman Abramovich
Nationality: Russian

How they made their money: Oil, steel and mining.
Worth: £8.2billion (2010)

Everton

Owned by: Bill Kenwright, Robert Earl and Jon Woods

How they made their money: Kenwright made his money as a West End theatre producer for shows including 'Blood Brothers' and 'Joseph and his Techinicolour Dreamcoat'. Robert Earl is the founder of Planet Hollywood restuarants and hotels. Jon Woods set up gaming company Ocean Softwares which made titles for the original games consoles.
Worth: Earl £200milllion (2006), others unknown

Fulham

Owned by: Mohamed Al-Fayed
Nationality: Egyptian
How they made their money: Shipping, Oil, owner of Harrods and The Ritz in Paris
Worth: £650million (2009)

Liverpool
Owned by: New England Sports Ventures (John W Henry)
How they made their money: Through trading and foreign stock exchange, he also owns Baseball team Boston Red Sox and many sports grounds in the US.
Worth: £540million (2009)

Manchester City
Owned by: Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Nationality: UAE Abu Dhabi
How they made their money: Brother of the leader of Abu Dhabi, the family has a huge wealth due to oil resources from the country.
Worth: Family is thought to be worth around £425billion (2008)

Manchester United
Owned by: Malcolm Glazer
How they made their money: Retail shopping centres, Fish Oil companies and Hedge funds. Glazer also owns NFL team Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Worth: £1.6billion (2009)

Newcastle
Owned by: Mike Ashley
How they made their money: With sports clothing company Sports Direct International. Ashley owns brands such as Donnay, Kangol, Lonsdale and has stakes in Umbro.
Worth: £1billion (2010)

Stoke
Owned by: Peter Coates
How they made their money: Coates owns betting company Bet365.
Worth: £400m (2010)

Sunderland
Owned by: Ellis Short
How they made their money: In banking and hedge fund management. Now owns Skibo Castle in Scotland, where Madonna got married.
Worth: £1billion (2011)

Tottenham
Owned by: Joe Lewis
How they made their money: His company, called Tavistock, has its fingers dipped in many pies including Oil, Gas, pharmacutical, property and sporting events
Worth: £2.7billion (2011)

West Brom
Owned by: Jeremy Peace 56%
How they made their money: Through equity banking and security, but he has worked with many other large companies.
Worth: £40m (2010)

West Ham
Owned by: David Sullivan and David Gold each have around a 30% stake and CB Holdings have 35%,
Nationality: CB Holdings are an Icelandic banking company. Both Gold and Sullivan are English.
How they made their money: Sullivan used to own Birmingham City, he made his money through pornography publishing. Gold made his money through underwear chains (his daughter now runs Ann Summers), and also owned a pornographic magazine company and charter airline.
Worth: David Gold £525m (2010), David Sullivan £450m (2010)

Wigan
Owned by: Dave Whelan
How they made their money: Former professional footballer with Blackburn and Crewe, Whelan set a group of supermarkets called Whelan's Discount Stores before buying JJB Sports, now one of the country's largest sports retailers. He also owns fitness clubs and Wigan's JJB Stadium .
Worth: £227m (2010)

Wolves
Owned by: Steve Morgan
How they made their money: Through the house building company Redrow which he founded in 1974 and leisure group De Vere. He used to have a 5 per cent stake in Liverpool before buying Wolves in 2007 for the nominal fee of £10 and has since invested £30million in the club.
Worth: £400m (2010)

White Noise

Reserves 6-1 Charlton

Tuesday 12th April 2011

Fulham's Reserves produced a fine performance on Tuesday afternoon to convincingly beat Charlton Athletic at Motspur Park.

The Whites looked lively in attack with Danny Hoesen and Marcello Trotta combining well and Kerim Frei contributing with penetrative runs from midfield.

Whilst Fulham enjoyed the greater share of possession, the opening exchanges saw Charlton maintaining a solid shape.

The Whites opened the scoring in the 25th minute courtesy of a purposeful run and finish from Kerim Frei. The Swiss attacker collected the ball after Marcello Trotta produced a fine piece of chest control to bring down a clearance from David Stockdale. Frei wasted little time advancing on goal and hit an accurate low drive beyond the reach of the Charlton custodian.

Marcello Trotta doubled Fulham's lead on 34 minutes with a fine individual goal. Having won possession in midfield, the Italian striker made his way to the penalty area. Confronted with two Charlton defenders, Trotta made space for himself well before applying a simple finish.

Trotta netted his second of the game four minutes later with a clinical finish from 12 yards out. Rafik Halliche, whose passing out of defence had been immaculate all through the first-half, once again supplied the ball to the front and Trotta latched on to Frei's through ball to fire first time past the visiting keeper.

Trotta completed his hat-trick just before the stroke of half-time and once again it was Halliche's outstanding passing that set the move in motion. The centre-back played a well-timed pass into the path of the rapidly advancing Cristian Marquez-Sanchez and his low cross needed only the simplest of finishes from Trotta.

The visitors got off to a bright start after the break, netting on 46 minutes with a powerful volley from 10 yards that Stockdale could do little to stop.

But Fulham restored their four-goal cushion two minutes later with a spectacular curled effort from Danny Hoesen from the edge of the area.

Hoesen netted his second of the afternoon on 54 minutes after a quick piece of distribution from David Stockdale set up a Fulham counter-attack. The skilful Dutch striker latched on to the long clearance and fired a firm right-footed finish into the back of the net.

Fulham: Stockdale; Marquez-Sanchez, Briggs, Halliche, Smith (Monguel 45); Saunders, Harris, Trialist (Pritchard 75), Frei (Brister 70); Trotta (Trialist 62), Hoesen

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/April/ReservesvCharlton.aspx#ixzz1JKMy43Qt

White Noise

Fulham v Bolton tickets

Barclays Premier League

Wednesday 27th April

Kick-Off: 20:00

To let as many Juniors as possible experience live top flight football under the Craven Cottage floodlights, kids for a quid is back! Make an evening of it for the whole family and enjoy the action together when Bolton visit the Cottage!

On-sale dates
Season Ticket Holders  On sale (unlimited tickets)
Fulham Club Members On sale (unlimitied tickets)
General Sale On sale (6 tickets)
Loyalty points: 4 (more info)| 

Buy tickets online|

Kids (and Seniors) for a Quid
Ensure your family experience the buzz and excitement of the Barclays Premier League.

Junior (under 16) tickets are only £1. What's more, we are also offering Senior (over 65) tickets for just £1 as well to make it a real family occasion!

With this price restricted to advanced sales only, don't wait - secure seats for your family now. This promotion is valid until 5pm Tuesday 19th April with seats allocated in the Putney and Hammersmith Stands only. The Junior price will increase to £5 with Senior ticket prices reverting to the listed price below.

Note: Under 12s must be accompanied by an adult and must have ID on hand if requested.

Buy tickets online|

Group Tickets
Fans can also watch this fixture for as little as £28 when buying group tickets. So, why not get some friends, family or colleagues together for the game and introduce a few new fans to Fulham?

A 20% discount will be offered on bookings of 10 or more tickets. These discounts apply to full view adult tickets in the Putney End only and are subject to availability.

These tickets can only be bought over the phone and you must quote 'GROUP DISCOUNTS' when booking. Call 0843 208 1234 (option 3) (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) to book now or make a  booking request online|. †

How to Buy Tickets
buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
by fax 0207 384 4810 (download printable form )
by postal application to FFC Ticket Office, Stevenage Road, Fulham, SW6 6HH enclosing a stamped addressed envelope (download printable form )
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange * Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

† Special offers and packages only available on advance bookings and not on the day of the match.

Prices
Category B prices apply to this match.

NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to  book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Stand (Grade B)   Block   Adult   Conc   Junior 
Riverside   S, Z   £40   £25   £10 
J Haynes   D, DL, G, GL   £42   £28   £15 
Hammersmith / Putney   All Blocks   £35   £25   £15 
J Haynes   B, BL, C, CL J, JL, H, HL    £40   £25   £10 
J Haynes   A, K, AL, KL   £30   £20   £10 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/BoltonHome.aspx#ixzz1JKNFfQUt

White Noise

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's fitness boost

Tuesday 12th April 2011, 1:25PM BST.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has given Wolves a boost after declaring he should be fit for the Fulham game.

The seven-goal striker came off at half-time of Saturday's 3-0 defeat against Everton with a hamstring scare.

His exit sparked fears that Wolves could be left with just one fit senior striker with Kevin Doyle already struggling to play again this season, although Stephen Ward could play up front again.

Manager Mick McCarthy withdrew Steven Fletcher towards the end of the Everton game to protect him.

But Ebanks-Blake was back running in training today and expects to be OK for the visit of the Cottagers a week on Saturday.

He said: "Hopefully, I'll be fit for the Fulham game – that's what I'm working towards.

"I've done a bit of running today and I'll be taking things day by day. I felt it just before half-time but, hopefully, it's not too bad.

"I've had a few problems with it before and it was on the best advice that I stopped when I did and didn't make matters worse.

"As we haven't got a game on Saturday, there's no need to rush things as regards full training.

"The free weekend is something of a blessing for me, because it's given me that extra bit of time to recover."

Wolves have two weeks between games now with no international break and Ebanks-Blake believes they can start to put their sudden slide behind them now everyone is back training.

He said: "We're looking forward to the game because we want to try to put things right.

"It's good for the lads because with so many of them having been away on international duty, it gives us the chance to get together in training again because it's difficult to have much cohesion in preparing for games when half the side is away.

"We've had some injuries in the striking department and, although Doyle isn't going to be ready for Fulham, with a bit of luck we'll be pretty much fine otherwise.

"We have a good bunch of lads here and we all get on well."

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/12/sylvan-ebanks-blakes-fitness-boost/#ixzz1JKVyipgj

White Noise

Fair Play reward for Fulham

Europa League runners-up will have a chance to repeat success

Last Updated: April 12, 2011 5:27pm

Hughes: Cottagers could be back in Europe via Fair Play standing

Fulham could claim a surprise route back to the Europa League next season via the Fair Play system.

""We're two points away from the 40-point marker, which is traditionally the cut off point for league safety." "

Aaron Hughes
Quotes of the week

The Cottagers finished runners-up in last year's competition under the stewardship of Roy Hodgson.

At present, the top three countries in the Respect Fair Play League are awarded an extra Europa League place under the Uefa rules and England are currently second behind Norway.

Fulham are the highest placed team in the Premier League's Fair Play table who have not otherwise qualified for Europe.

Mark Hughes' team are currently second behind Chelsea with an average rating of 8.42 over their 30 games this season.

Challenge

Meanwhile, Aaron Hughes has challenged Fulham to banish the memory of their 2-0 defeat to Manchester United on Saturday and finish the season strongly.

It was a game that the title chasers won quite comfortably but the Northern Ireland international is confident Fulham can bounce back.

"Old Trafford is a difficult place to get anything from, never mind when you go two goals behind," Hughes told the club's official website.

"We are obviously very frustrated by how the game went and to be fair to United they did enough didn't they?"

Fulham now have just six games left of the season which includes matches against Wolves, Bolton and Sunderland.

The Cottagers are 11th in table and just two points shy of the 40-point barrier - the threshold normally associated with safety.

"With no game this weekend, we have plenty of time to go away and prepare for what is an important run of fixtures," he added.

"We're two points away from the 40-point marker, which is traditionally the cut off point for league safety."

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/barcelona-striker-soriano-hints-west-ham-blackburn-offers-1565841

Barcelona striker Soriano hints at West Ham, Blackburn offers

12.04.11 | tribalfootball.com

Barcelona striker Jonathan Soriano is unsure of his next move.

The Barca B star has Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United and Fulham chasing his signature.

"I have received offers from abroad but I am leaving those to my representatives," he told Sport. "For now I am just focusing on playing.

"Clearly stepping up to the first team is difficult because of my age and I want to finish the season for Barca before deciding whether to stay or go.

"Just because it is an ambitious challenge for me, I have not closed the door on it. I have not lost the hope of making the first team and I'm still fighting for it. "

White Noise

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/7105/38/

Alex Ferguson criticises complacent Man Utd fans  

12 April ~

Among criticisms of the FA, referees and – somewhat bizarrely – a policeman, Alex Ferguson managed to chastise his club's own fans over the weekend. He was unimpressed by the "quiet, sunbathing" crowd that attended United's home win over Fulham on Saturday. Ferguson could start a fight with his own reflection, but when it comes to the complacency of United fans, he has a point. Old Trafford was devoid of any atmosphere on Saturday. The home supporters were continually mocked with shushes from the travelling Fulham fans.

Fulham supporters are not exactly famed for their boisterousness, but they had every right to denounce their hosts: I have been to more raucous funerals. By the time the final whistle blew, half of the home fans had left. A victory over a resurgent Fulham team that edges their club closer to a record 19th League title is obviously not exciting enough for some people.

There is an odd complacency among United supporters this season. I spoke to one fan on Saturday who suggested that the quality at the top of the Premier League is so low that no club should be awarded the title this year. The idea that the winners will be victors "by default" has proved popular over the past few months. The belief that the league's top clubs have grown weaker has some merit. United have sold a world-class forward before each of the past two seasons; Arsenal seem incapable of growing up; Chelsea seem to have grown too old together; for all their money Man City seem content with Champions League qualification; Liverpool barely warrant a mention.

But these moaners shouldn't be given too much. If United do win the League, the achievement will be deserved. Last month Didier Deschamps claimed that the current United team lacks the "fantasy" of previous sides. And while some of the club's recent flair players have moved on (Ronaldo and Tevez) or been recast in more defensive roles (Scholes and Giggs), there is still plenty to celebrate about the current crop. Far from being a boring, efficient machine, United are the league's top scorers, both at home and away. Dimitar Berbatov is the division's most prolific striker with 21 goals in 29 starts. Javier Hernandez, who has contributed a goal for every two games he has played, has offered fans much more than they could have expected for a young Mexican with no Premier League experience. And, while off-colour for long patches of the campaign, Wayne Rooney managed to pop up with the goal of the season in the derby at Old Trafford.

Quite why United fans are so downbeat is beyond me. They have dropped two points in their 16 home games this season. They were unbeaten in the league until February. In Nani they possess the most creative player in the division – his 18 assists are considerably more than those achieved by the four midfielders nominated for the PFA player of the year put together – Charlie Adam, Scott Parker, Gareth Bale and Samir Nasri have managed only 15 between them. And in Nemanja Vidic, United possess the one truly outstanding player of the season.

Much of the fans' despondency seems to come from the idea that United are not the iconic team they once were. Fans look back wistfully and yearn for the heady days of the 1994 team, that behemoth of icons that lined up in a classic 4-4-2 and still manages to reduce even Ferguson to teary-eyed sentimentalism. But fans need to recognise that the game has fundamentally changed. Park Ji-sung and Michael Carrick might not inspire memories as golden as the beloved title-winning teams of the mid-1990s, but they offer an unshowy effectiveness in European matches that previous United teams never attained. The godlike team of 1994 were knocked out of the Champions League by Galatasaray in the second round. The current squad conceded only two goals en route to tonight's quarter-final second-leg.

While United fans remain curiously unaffected, the players have quietly worked themselves to within ten victories of another Treble. For as long as the Glazers remain in charge of the club, an uncertainly will linger over United. Their fans would be mad not to celebrate the greatness of this team before it passes them by.
Paul Campbell