watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Managerial terminations

Started by BalDrick, April 12, 2011, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

So, potentially bit of a Night of the Long Knives this summer: Mancini surely will go, Ancelotti quite possibly too - dependent upon tonight's result I suppose but the Russian sacked the only manager to have got his side to the final of the only thing he's thus far not been able to buy (because of this, in case you haven't seen it/laughed recently - John Terry Penalty Miss Champions League Final 2008), Grant himself I'd say has a strong chance, Steve Kean must be doing up his CV you'd have thought, Houllier likewise. Martinez I wonder? Reckon Wigan will go, so possibly. McCarthy won't get the boot, nor Holloway.

Anyone I've slipped over and fallen on my arse missed?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

The Doctor

The situation at Arsenal might be interesting.  Doubt anything will happen this summer, but will Kronke see Wenger as "his man"?  Could be a difficult season for Wenger if the takeover goes ahead.  Not that it will worry you unduly, I know!

Dalglish might be the other one to go over the close season, although in his case it'll be by his choice I'd imagine.  If I were him, I wouldn't take the job on permanently

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on April 12, 2011, 04:02:26 PM
Gerard Houllier?
If he goes expect Hughes or Moyes to move there, if Moyes goes don't be surprised to see Hughes go to Everton.

Peabody

Quote from: MJG on April 12, 2011, 04:14:22 PM
Gerard Houllier?
If he goes expect Hughes or Moyes to move there, if Moyes goes don't be surprised to see Hughes go to Everton.

You know this for sure do you?

White Noise

If Arsenal let Wenger go it will be a crime. He may not be everyones cup of tea but he has single handedly made them one of the biggest clubs in the world and by the time they have left he will have got them debt free.

Dixie

Quote from: Peabody on April 12, 2011, 04:34:21 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 12, 2011, 04:14:22 PM
Gerard Houllier?

I don't think the Liverpool fans would be very keen at the prospect of another ex-Fulham Manager at the helm!!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on April 12, 2011, 04:35:21 PM
If Arsenal let Wenger go it will be a crime. He may not be everyones cup of tea but he has single handedly made them one of the biggest clubs in the world and by the time they have left he will have got them debt free.

Absolutely agree with this, and this from a poster who can't watch le arse -v- chelsea because he finds himself rooting for chelsea. Lots and lots to dislike about le arse (the cheating and the whingeing mainly) but under the myopic one they generally play lovely football (albeit sometimes over-elaborate) and throughout his tenure he's spent a fraction of what Twitch wastes every season on players he never uses.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on April 12, 2011, 04:49:39 PM
Quote from: White Noise on April 12, 2011, 04:35:21 PM

Absolutely agree with this, and this from a poster who can't watch le arse -v- chelsea because he finds himself rooting for chelsea. Lots and lots to dislike about le arse (the cheating and the whingeing mainly) but under the myopic one they generally play lovely football (albeit sometimes over-elaborate) and throughout his tenure he's spent a fraction of what Twitch wastes every season on players he never uses.

I doubt they will fire Wenger. Kroenke has gained Wengers trust and is friends with Danny Fizsman who backs Wenger 100%.

The Doctor

Completely agree regarding Wenger's achievements and football.  But their fans seem to be getting a bit restless at being forever in transition.  If Kronke is a populist and plays to this (and I've no idea what sort of owner he's likely to be, admittedly), he might give Wenger an ultimatum with the threat of being ousted if trophies aren't forthcoming.  All hypothetical, or course, and part of the uncertainties of a change in ownership

finnster01

The simple solution to the Wenger conundrum is simply to move him upstairs in a director of football role, have him hire his successor and spend the day continue to sign 12 year old children.

Simple as that. Because with him as manager they will never address their real issues which is a GK and CB's. Wenger will never develop a good defense.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Wenger has shown incredible loyalty in a game where none exists outside that of the fans.

He, like Hodgson, has been a great servant of football and will therefore always be welcome to buy me a drink.

As Fulham supporters though, what do you want from the club?

Will you always have expectations that outstrip the reality on offer or do you simply crave continuity, survival and a modicum of ambition?

BalDrick

Quote from: The Doctor on April 12, 2011, 04:58:12 PM
Completely agree regarding Wenger's achievements and football.  But their fans seem to be getting a bit restless at being forever in transition.  If Kronke is a populist and plays to this (and I've no idea what sort of owner he's likely to be, admittedly), he might give Wenger an ultimatum with the threat of being ousted if trophies aren't forthcoming.  All hypothetical, or course, and part of the uncertainties of a change in ownership

It's the primary qualification for supporting that team, you have to have something to whinge about - ideally lots of things. Secondary qualification is to be convinced everybody's out to get you despite the fact your team get away with murder week-in, week-out. And thirdly you've got to carry the assumption that le arse is everyone's second team.

Sorry, back on track - I've no idea how their books look but any fool can tell you, they won't win anything, well the league or a cup of merit, or even the CL, without buying in some higher-profile players. Clearly the Citeh method is doomed to failure (or is it simply that Citeh are doomed to failure?) but they're a long way behind their domestic rivals these days - the world has changed, and the decimal point has moved, since they last won any silverware.

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/holloway-leaves-blackpool-players-baffled-over-job-future-1566321

Holloway leaves Blackpool players baffled over job future

12.04.11 | tribalfootball.com

Ian Holloway has cast doubt on his own future at Blackpool, it has been revealed.

The People says Holloway has left his players puzzled by a dressing room remark thanking them for "getting him a new job."

The unpredictable manager is known for his off-the-wall comments and mind-bending sayings but some of his team were left shocked by this latest aside.

It came in a pre-match speech before the Fulham game, adding to speculation that he could be tempted by a new challenge in the summer.

Holloway has hooked up with a new agent, another factor that points to a potential move in the close season if the right offer comes his way.