watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Start season 2011 - 2012

Started by Bartender 14, April 13, 2011, 01:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartender 14

Hi friends of fulham, can someone tell me what's the first match-weekend of the new season? Could be a fine season with Fulham again playing Europe League due to the Fair Play list.

The Doctor

Charity shield is on Sunday 7th August.

So, if you're a pessimist the Championship season will start on 6th/7th August.  Otherwise the Premiership gets under way on 13th/14th August

MJG

Quote from: The Doctor on April 13, 2011, 01:06:07 PM
Charity shield is on Sunday 7th August.

So, if you're a pessimist the Championship season will start on 6th/7th August.  Otherwise the Premiership gets under way on 13th/14th August
Europa Lge 30th June first game if we qualify

maksimir

I think we'll know if we're in Europe again around the first of May as I believe UEFA calculate fair play rankings up to and including April 30?  Does anyone know?

Mr Fulham

Ok, June 30 then :wine: :wine: :wine:

The Doctor

Quote from: maksimir on April 13, 2011, 01:38:31 PM
I think we'll know if we're in Europe again around the first of May as I believe UEFA calculate fair play rankings up to and including April 30?  Does anyone know?

I'd imagine the announcement will be around about mid-May - at least it was made on 10th May last year:

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/socialresponsibility/respect/news/newsid=1486635.html

Still not convinced it'll happen, personally.  But will gladly take it if it turns out we qualify!

Jimpav

Quote from: maksimir on April 13, 2011, 01:38:31 PM

You are right, this is based on matches up to 30 April.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/socialresponsibility/respect/news/newsid=1586457.html

UEFA's Respect Fair Play rankings, based on all UEFA competition matches played at club and national team levels between 1 May 2010 and 30 April 2011, are currently headed by Norway.

Taking into account matches up until 31 December 2010, frontrunners Norway, second-placed England and third-placed Sweden lead the race for the three additional slots in the first qualifying round of the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League.

These intermediate rankings only take into consideration national football associations that have played a minimum of 27 games. The cut-off point has been calculated by dividing the total number of UEFA matches by the number of UEFA member associations.

As defined in UEFA's club competition regulations, three places in the UEFA Europa League automatically go to the three best-placed national associations in the Respect Fair Play rankings, provided they attained an average of 8.0 points or more.

The Respect Fair Play assessments are made by the official UEFA match delegates, based on criteria such as positive play, respect for the opposition, respect for the referee, behaviour of the crowd and of team officials, as well as cautions and dismissals.

The three associations allocated an additional place in the first qualifying round of the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League will be entitled to enter the club that won their domestic top-division fair play competition.

If this club have already qualified for European competition, the second-placed team in the domestic fair play competition may be entered, and so forth. It is even possible for a side relegated to the second division to qualify for the UEFA Europa League as a result of exemplary conduct during the domestic championship.
Related Items
Fair play and RespectRespect must take priorityInter embrace Respect campaign2009/10 rankingsRespect Fair Play 2010/11 – intermediate rankingsRound of 32 draw
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.

AlFayedsChequebook

I am pretty sure that we wont qualify due to the ridiculous number of red cards that teams have gotten this year in Europe (ANOTHER last night).

If we do, I will be delighted, but I am not holding my breath.