News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oooh, Ahhh, Vann Dah Sah ran more than Torres in the CL match...

Started by finnster01, April 14, 2011, 11:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

cebu

Actually, 5,112 metres in 45 minutes is OK - scoring no goals since January less so.   :005:

RidgeRider

This is purely opinion, but I think Torres is just plain lazy and has relied on his God given ability for too long. His long injury list to me suggests he does not do the extra work to keep himself fit. Over the years I have observed that guys who repeatedly get hammy injuries, like he does, are not taking their training seriously and then you couple that with the lack of movement in a match like this stat suggests, he maybe a pure poacher who thinks he doesn't have to work for a goal and only cares about personal glory and receiving a large paycheck.

I know, that's a lot of negative to heap on a young lad but it certainly is a possibility, another possibility is that he has some serious issues going on in his personal life and can't get his engines going.

Major mistake by Chelsea thus far.

SoCalJoe

Did have a laugh when VDS ran all the way to the corner flag and tackled the ball away from the clueless Anelka. Crisis of confidence (extra emphasis on the word crisis) for Torres at the moment, looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world than on the pitch the other day.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

RidgeRider

Quote from: SoCalJoe on April 14, 2011, 04:30:39 PM
Did have a laugh when VDS ran all the way to the corner flag and tackled the ball away from the clueless Anelka. Crisis of confidence (extra emphasis on the word crisis) for Torres at the moment, looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world than on the pitch the other day.

Very good point Joe. I thought that was a very impressive move by EVDS as well. First time I had seen a keeper come out that far.

I hope you are right about Torres just having a confidence issue, if for no other reason than to be able to see him at his best because the kid was amazing at times. It's a dilemma though given he plays for Chelsea now. Maybe we can get him on the cheap and turn him around.  :dft012:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 14, 2011, 03:56:15 PM
This is purely opinion, but I think Torres is just plain lazy and has relied on his God given ability for too long. His long injury list to me suggests he does not do the extra work to keep himself fit. Over the years I have observed that guys who repeatedly get hammy injuries, like he does, are not taking their training seriously and then you couple that with the lack of movement in a match like this stat suggests, he maybe a pure poacher who thinks he doesn't have to work for a goal and only cares about personal glory and receiving a large paycheck.

I know, that's a lot of negative to heap on a young lad but it certainly is a possibility, another possibility is that he has some serious issues going on in his personal life and can't get his engines going.

Cant say i take training seriously, but i never had much trouble with hamstrings until i was about 30, but since then i've been plauged by them, Micheal Owen has healthy hamstrings compared to me. Played us 5 us oldies against 6 youngies last night and thought we'd get slaughtered, we beat them, but i ended the match hardly able to walk having done both hamstrings. For me it's not trying to accelerate (i only have slow and very slow gears) but trying long passes or shots that feck me up. But i can assure you, someone can kick lumps out of me, but as soon as you get that very familar twang, you know you are bollocksed for weeks, and it's the most depressing feeling ever. At 42 i just want to play as much football as i can, but just missed five weeks with a hamstring, back for two, now will probably miss a anouther five. But i must admit it was worth it to kick their arse.we rode our luck big time, but they couldn't believe we beat them.  Oohh i'm almost siding with the Spanish Chelscum , sorry he's sheeeet.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 14, 2011, 11:23:14 PM

Cant say i take training seriously, but i never had much trouble with hamstrings until i was about 30, but since then i've been plauged by them, Micheal Owen has healthy hamstrings compared to me. Played us 5 us oldies against 6 youngies last night and thought we'd get slaughtered, we beat them, but i ended the match hardly able to walk having done both hamstrings. For me it's not trying to accelerate (i only have slow and very slow gears) but trying long passes or shots that feck me up. But i can assure you, someone can kick lumps out of me, but as soon as you get that very familar twang, you know you are bollocksed for weeks, and it's the most depressing feeling ever. At 42 i just want to play as much football as i can, but just missed five weeks with a hamstring, back for two, now will probably miss a anouther five. But i must admit it was worth it to kick their arse.we rode our luck big time, but they couldn't believe we beat them.  Oohh i'm almost siding with the Spanish Chelscum , sorry he's sheeeet.

Sorry to hear about your hammy's Fred. I feel for you. Just had surgery yesterday and I can't race for at least 6 more weekends and I will have been of action for the past 12 days already. It basically sucks because I love to compete. It seems once you start having hammy problems they are hard to sort out.

On FitTV they have had this series hosted by Gabriella Reese, who is a knockout, very fit and used to be a pro volleyballer. Anyway she does these 1 hour interview type programs with athletes and talks to them about their training techniques and other things and actually does footage of them doing their workouts with their trainers and tak about the things they focus on.
She has had footballers, American Football players, surfers, baseball players, basketball players etc. featured and how they train to work on weaknesses and prevent injury.

Many, of not all, of these guys are well past 30 so they take their training seriously. It's surprising how training techniques have changed over the past 10 years. One guy said he had had problems with his hamstring for much of his career until he started doing movement exercises that strengthen the muscle and the muscles groups around the hamstring to help him eliminate the injuries, the movements also focused on exercises that helped with his range of motion and flexibility. Very interesting program if you are into that kind of stuff.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 14, 2011, 11:46:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your hammy's Fred. I feel for you. Just had surgery yesterday and I can't race for at least 6 more weekends and I will have been of action for the past 12 days already. It basically sucks because I love to compete. It seems once you start having hammy problems they are hard to sort out.

On FitTV they have had this series hosted by Gabriella Reese, who is a knockout, very fit and used to be a pro volleyballer. Anyway she does these 1 hour interview type programs with athletes and talks to them about their training techniques and other things and actually does footage of them doing their workouts with their trainers and tak about the things they focus on.
She has had footballers, American Football players, surfers, baseball players, basketball players etc. featured and how they train to work on weaknesses and prevent injury.

Many, of not all, of these guys are well past 30 so they take their training seriously. It's surprising how training techniques have changed over the past 10 years. One guy said he had had problems with his hamstring for much of his career until he started doing movement exercises that strengthen the muscle and the muscles groups around the hamstring to help him eliminate the injuries, the movements also focused on exercises that helped with his range of motion and flexibility. Very interesting program if you are into that kind of stuff.
Weirdly enough, i had been down the gym before hand,trying to warm up a bit (nothing over the top) as i had a nagging feeling my right hamstring would give me trouble, after  (you'll love this) asking two blue poo kids playing football who live on my block to give us (we say us over here, even when by ourselves?).  I took one not hard shot, and thought that didn't feel good. I'm firmly believe that if you have knackered hamstrings it dosen't matter what training you do, if Owen and Manure, Liverppol , Newcastle cant sort it out what hope do i have?

FatFreddysCat

Soory the above post was meant to read give us a kick, but mainly due to drink i cant modify my post. Yeah, give us, big saying in Northolt at least, but basically meaning give me a kick.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 15, 2011, 12:02:41 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on April 14, 2011, 11:46:47 PM

Cant say i take training seriously, but i never had much trouble with hamstrings until i was about 30, but since then i've been plauged by them, Micheal Owen has healthy hamstrings compared to me. Played us 5 us oldies against 6 youngies last night and thought we'd get slaughtered, we beat them, but i ended the match hardly able to walk having done both hamstrings. For me it's not trying to accelerate (i only have slow and very slow gears) but trying long passes or shots that feck me up. But i can assure you, someone can kick lumps out of me, but as soon as you get that very familar twang, you know you are bollocksed for weeks, and it's the most depressing feeling ever. At 42 i just want to play as much football as i can, but just missed five weeks with a hamstring, back for two, now will probably miss a anouther five. But i must admit it was worth it to kick their arse.we rode our luck big time, but they couldn't believe we beat them.  Oohh i'm almost siding with the Spanish Chelscum , sorry he's sheeeet.

Weirdly enough, i had been down the gym before hand,trying to warm up a bit (nothing over the top) as i had a nagging feeling my right hamstring would give me trouble, after  (you'll love this) asking two blue poo kids playing football who live on my block to give us (we say us over here, even when by ourselves?).  I took one not hard shot, and thought that didn't feel good. I'm firmly believe that if you have knackered hamstrings it dosen't matter what training you do, if Owen and Manure, Liverppol , Newcastle cant sort it out what hope do i have?

I'm not a physio and it certainly can be chronic but if I remember correctly the guy that had the hammy problems was LA Galaxy's Cobi Jones. Here is the company he worked with an I pulled this from their web-site for you on what they recommend for hamstring problems.
http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/injury-pain/hamstring-strain.html

finnster01

:clap_hands: And the 2011 FoF Mother Theresa award goes to Mad Jack and his healing keyboard...

What you should also take into consideration Mr Ridge is that Mr Fred lives in Northolt and not California, and being Fulham in Northolt is a bit like being Red Sox in New York or a Giant fan in LA. Can't wait to hear the stories after QPR gets promoted... :005:

finnster01

Mr Freddy, you should buy Ryan Giggs Yoga DVD...

Can anyone imagine Spence turning up at Yoga class one day...  :005:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/feeling-good-with-yoga-the-secret-of-giggs-success-2185031.html

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on April 15, 2011, 11:20:39 AM
  :clap_hands: And the 2011 FoF Mother Theresa award goes to Mad Jack and his healing keyboard...

What you should also take into consideration Mr Ridge is that Mr Fred lives in Northolt and not California, and being Fulham in Northolt is a bit like being Red Sox in New York or a Giant fan in LA. Can't wait to hear the stories after QPR gets promoted... :005:

I always wondered about why the QPR comments re Fred.  i get it now..... now i can even give Fred a go about it. Thanks Finn!