watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham track Barcelona Full Back

Started by Lighthouse, April 20, 2011, 12:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Mark Hughes' scout network have ventured abroad in their attempts to replace potentially outgoing full back John Pantsil and have come to the conclusion that Barcelona B defender Martin Montoya could be the perfect resolution to the problem.

Ghanaian right back Pantsil has made it perfectly clear over the past few weeks that a stay at Craven Cottage is highly unlikely to happen and his manager Mark Hughes is not expected to stand in his way, having preferred Chris Baird in defence over recent months.

Baird is considered only temporary though and Hughes likes the look of ex Spanish under-19 starlet Montoya who has failed to break in Pep Guardiola's first team plans.

Valencia, however, may stand in our way as they are also lining up a deal for him, but, a fresh new start is what the youngster is looking for and a flat on the banks of the Thames would certainly offer that.

MENTIONED ON A FEW SITES. NO DOUBT TAKEN FROM THE SAME SOURCE
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

RidgeRider

My friend who is a La Liga follower and a Barca supporter says that Martin Montoya is a promising player who plays on the right side. He is very fast only 5' 9" however. He says there is a lot of interest from Valencia and Liverpool for him right now and feels the transfer fee may be high, relatively speaking, he thinks 8M Euros. He has also featured on the under 21 Spanish side.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 20, 2011, 01:50:21 AM
My friend who is a La Liga follower and a Barca supporter says that Martin Montoya is a promising player who plays on the right side. He is very fast only 5' 9" however. He says there is a lot of interest from Valencia and Liverpool for him right now and feels the transfer fee may be high, relatively speaking, he thinks 8M Euros. He has also featured on the under 21 Spanish side.

8M? Never....he's contracted until 2012 and he's no feckin' Messi!

....i'd say roughly 3-4M.

BTW: According to some serious Spanish sources, Montoya has signed for Valencia. Barca have included a Buy-back-clause.

Transfer fee 2M, Clause 3M.