Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (23.04.11)

Started by White Noise, April 23, 2011, 06:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Mark Hughes makes late bid to keep Zoltan Gera at Fulham

By Jacob Murtagh

Apr 22 2011

MARK Hughes plans to make a last-ditch attempt to keep Zoltan Gera at Fulham.

The wantaway winger looks set to leave Craven Cottage when his contract expires in the summer after refusing to sign a new deal at the club.

But boss Hughes will speak to the Hungarian again to try and persuade him his future is in SW6.

He said: "I will have a conversation with him to see where we are.

"He will probably wait until the end of the season to see what's on offer, but hopefully we can persuade him to stay.

"He wants more first-team football and, at the moment, I can't guarantee that to anybody."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/04/22/mark-hughes-makes-late-bid-to-keep-zoltan-gera-at-fulham-82029-28569692/#ixzz1KJzk0nuU

White Noise

Fulham boss makes list of transfer targets

By Jacob Murtagh

Apr 22 2011

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes has drawn up a list of transfer targets for the summer.

The Welshman admits he has been planning for next season since January, and wants to hit the ground running when the window reopens.

He said: "That's an ongoing process, and continues from one window to another.

"We have put in place things we are looking to do in terms of organisation as well.

"We have the possibility [of qualifying] for the Europa League which might impact what we are doing.

"But planning is something that continues right through the season, looking at players and seeing what we need."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/04/22/fulham-boss-makes-list-of-transfer-targets-82029-28569708/#ixzz1KK05wV4H

White Noise

KARL HENRY: DANNY MURPHY SHOULD PIPE DOWN

Saturday April 23,2011

By John Percy

KARL HENRY has cranked up the tension ahead of today's clash with Fulham by warning Danny Murphy to button his lip.

Karl Henry has blasted Murphy for his infamous accusation that Wolves were "too pumped up" for games and ran the risk of causing opponents serious injury.

Wolves captain Henry was heavily criticised after the game at Craven Cottage in September, following a challenge on Bobby Zamora that left the striker with a broken leg.

And shortly after that game, Murphy singled out Wolves, Stoke and Blackburn for special attention in an outburst that infuriated the managers of the respective clubs.

But while Henry has said the furore over events in west London affected him, he has told Murphy to mind his own business as they prepare to go head to head at Molineux this afternoon.

"Murphy should worry about himself and his team and no one else's," he said.

"When you're talking about an injury to a player, it's not something you easily brush off. I spoke to Bobby when it happened and I've spoken to him since and I'm really pleased to see he's fully fit and scoring goals. I hope he gets back in the England squad soon.

"I'm fine and I will play my normal game. I'm not worrying about anything else but the bigger picture, which is that we're bottom of the league and we need to get out of trouble."

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy is running out of time in his survival mission and two successive heavy defeats have sent his side spinning back to the bottom of the league.

And last night McCarthy called time on the Murphy row and set his sights on ending their recent slump. "Although we all felt for Zamora, it was a good tackle," he said. "There was nothing wrong with it and that was acceptable to everybody at the time.

"Murphy chose to make his comments and that's all long gone for me. He said it and it was wrong. It has no bearing on this game.   

"I don't know if the league can become any more unpredictable. But I will be happy if it becomes very predictable and we get three victories in our remaining home games.

"We'll be safe if we can do that. There are no bad teams down there and somebody is going to be unlucky. Let's hope it's not us."

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/242478/Karl-Henry-Danny-Murphy-should-pipe-downKarl-Henry-Danny-Murphy-should-pipe-down#ixzz1KK0SKH62

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/187559/Bobby-Zamora-s-big-miss/

BOBBY ZAMORA'S BIG MISS

23rd April 2011

By Ben Hunt

MARK HUGHES is convinced Fulham would be in the top half of the table had Bobby Zamora not broken his leg against Wolves in September.

The striker is only just getting back to full fitness after five months out but is already among the goals.

But boss Hughes said: "I am convinced we would be in the top 10 of the table if Bobby had been fit this season.

"We have been involved in games where we have had too many draws.

"If Bobby was involved in some of those games, he would have turned those draws into wins.

"He is not at the level he was before his injury, and we will try to bring him on to the right level correctly. He still gets a bit of discomfort from the injury.

"That's why we are working through him with this injury. It's only a matter of time before he is firing on all cylinders."

Hughes says Zamora will not fear facing Karl Henry, the man who snapped his leg in a tackle in the 2-1 Fulham win.

He added: "Bobby's injury was one of those things. He does not have anything to prove or any retribution. He is just glad to be back."

But Hughes admits Danny Murphy could be in for a hot reception after he blasted Wolves following Henry's challenge on Zamora.

Murphy accused Mick McCarthy of sending out his players "too pumped up" but Hughes called it a misunderstanding.

He said: "What he was trying to say was that some teams play in different ways, but the mistake he made was singling out specific clubs."

White Noise

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1053606/Zamora-has-no-fear-of-Wolves

Zamora has no fear of Wolves

23 April 2011-PA Sport

Fulham boss Mark Hughes has insisted Bobby Zamora will have no fears about facing Wolverhampton Wanderers this weekend, despite suffering a broken leg the last time the sides met.

Zamora was sidelined for more than six months back in September after fracturing his ankle following a challenge from Karl Henry.

Wanderers captain Henry has a reputation for being a physical player but he appeared to win the ball cleanly, with Zamora the victim more of misfortune than anything.

The 30-year-old still bears the physical scars from that day but manager Hughes was confident ahead of the Premier League game that he would not be affected mentally by taking on the same opponent.

"I think any sense of trepidation was going to be prevalent when he first went on the pitch," said Hughes, who has eased Zamora back into action over the last two months and revealed he would not be 100 percent fit until next season.

"He's got over that hurdle and now it's just about making sure he's progressing in every game he plays to make sure he's firing on all cylinders.

"Trepidation doesn't come into it. There's no apprehension in his play, he's going into tackles, he's getting around the pitch, so I think he's over that."

Neither does Zamora bear any grudge over what happened back in September.

"Certainly, there was no issue with the challenge," said Hughes.

"It was unfortunate for Bobby but I don't think Bobby's got anything to prove or (is contemplating) any retribution.

"That's not going to come into his head. He's just enjoying being back and playing football again."

Fulham initially struggled in the absence of its talisman, who inspired last season's run to the UEFA Europa League final.

It even flirted with relegation but is on the brink of sealing its survival ahead of the trip to the Premier League's bottom side.

Hughes was adamant that, had Zamora been fit all season, 12th-placed Fulham would be well inside the top 10 by now.

He said: "We've been involved in games and had too many draws, unfortunately. Something like 14 draws, I think it is.

"I know for a fact that if Bobby had been available for a number of those games, he would've turned those draws into wins."

The injury to Zamora prompted captain Danny Murphy to criticise Wolves boss Mick McCarthy for sending his side out 'too pumped up'.

Hughes admitted Murphy could expect a hostile reception but does not believe the row affected his own relationship with McCarthy, who he has known since the pair were managers of Wales and the Republic of Ireland, respectively.

"We used to go UEFA conferences and have a beer after listening for hours and hours on end to UEFA and FIFA," Hughes said.

"After that, you did need a beer!

"I've known Mick for a long time, I like his company and I like pitching up against him, seeing if I can overcome him."

Hughes is also hoping to overcome Zoltan Gera's opposition to signing a new contract.

"It's not a case of us taking what's on the table away just because he won't commit," said Hughes of the out-of-favour midfielder, whose current deal expires in the northern summer.

"If we can present something to him that would enable him to stay then we'll be pleased.

"The reason he probably hasn't signed is that he wants more football and, at the moment, I can't guarantee that."

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on April 23, 2011, 06:34:37 AM

Fulham boss makes list of transfer targets

By Jacob Murtagh

Apr 22 2011

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes has drawn up a list of transfer targets for the summer.

The Welshman admits he has been planning for next season since January, and wants to hit the ground running when the window reopens.

He said: "That's an ongoing process, and continues from one window to another.

"We have put in place things we are looking to do in terms of organisation as well.

"We have the possibility [of qualifying] for the Europa League which might impact what we are doing.

"But planning is something that continues right through the season, looking at players and seeing what we need."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/04/22/fulham-boss-makes-list-of-transfer-targets-82029-28569708/#ixzz1KK05wV4H
Love it, our boss man has a plan! Cheers  :beer:
Fulham for life!

White Noise

WOLVES v Fulham: Stephen Hunt returns to strengthen attack

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 3:52 PM on 22nd April 2011

Stephen Hunt has recovered from a groin injury and is available for Wolves' Barclays Premier League match against Fulham.

Dave Edwards is still out with a spine injury, while Kevin Doyle (knee) and Ronald Zubar (back) are also unavailable.

Survival boost: Hunt last featured in January

George Elokobi has picked up a hamstring strain in training and misses out.

Team (from): Hahnemann, Mouyokolo, Jarvis, Craddock, Jones, Ward, Fletcher, Ebanks-Blake, Stearman, Vokes, Milijas, Hill, Hennessey, Batth, Henry, Hammill, Foley, Hunt, Kightly, Guedioura, Mancienne.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379626/WOLVES-v-Fulham-Stephen-Hunt-returns-strengthen-attack.html#ixzz1KK3WuMZ4

White Noise

Wolves v FULHAM: Damien Duff still hampered with injury ahead of Molineux clash

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:36 AM on 22nd April 2011

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is almost but resigned to being without Damien Duff again for Saturday's Barclays Premier League game at Wolves.

Duff is still troubled by the achilles injury that forced him to miss the defeat at Manchester United a fortnight ago but should be back for Wednesday night's match with Bolton.

Achilles heel: Duff (left) is set to miss out again

Hughes has no fresh injury concerns, with Philippe Senderos still working his way back to full fitness after missing the entire season to date.

Team (from): Schwarzer, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Salcido, Etuhu, Duff, Davies, Murphy, Sidwell, Dempsey, Dembele, Zamora, Johnson, Stockdale, Kelly, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379540/Wolves-v-FULHAM-Damien-Duff-hampered-injury-ahead-Molineux-clash.html#ixzz1KK3xUWk3

White Noise

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2011/04/the_final_countdown.php

The Final Countdown

Posted by Phil Mison 11 hours, 3 minutes ago

We've been kicking our heels for two weeks watching the relegation candidates battle for scraps. Can we keep the Wolf from the door as we start a run of three games in 8 days?

What with a burst of early summer sun and the sheer tedium of not having any FFC action to enthuse over it almost felt like the close season was here already. From early March (the win over Rovers) to the upcoming midweek meeting with Bolton we've had just the visit of Blackpool this Spring to express our devotion to the cause at Craven Cottage. It's an odd sensation to sit back of a weekend and watch the scores update with a certain lassitude, knowing your heroes are inactive. All things considered, we're still perched in a reasonable 12th position, with none of the strugglers around us making any real statement of intent. Own up, who a month ago would have tipped Wigan to climb out of the bottom three?

© Getty Images

So now it's Wolves, our next opponents, who sit bottom of the pile. No need to remind anyone what happened in our first meeting back in September - let's hope the game is remembered here for all the right reasons. You don't need to write for 'World Soccer' either to realise McCarthey's men will have Saturday's game down as one they simply must win. In fact, I've no doubt the boys from the Black Country have been believing all week 'soft touch' Fulham is the only sure-fire win they have left in their locker. And based on our miserable away form, can we really argue with that?

Unlike our last feeble effort at Old Trafford, all three results are possible. Coming off the back of two very poor defeats, where Wolves defensively looked all at sea, I feel should Fulham score first we'll go on to win. I'm not suggesting we'll boss the game, we still don't have enough self-belief on the road to do that to sides, but a loss at Molineux would be embarrassing, yet all too predictably 'Fulhamish.' We may just have to settle for another away point to prolong the agony a while longer before we limp past the 40 point mark. In fact, I can see draws resulting from all three games over the next week. Why do I say that?

Wolves will run till they drop, Bolton must look to save face after their collapse at Wembley, and Sunderland may have already bottomed out before we go to another of our 'graveyard' towns. Bruce feels his side, crucified by injuries, are due a change of fortune. However, with Gerrard out for the season, Brum starting to look 'leggy' and Arsenal's title challenge dead, there are opportunities for more points in May should we go on the slide in the next 3 games. It is a tad early to start looking ahead to another run in the Europa Cup, best to make the safety zone first. And where do we go from here?

Now that's going to engage our minds for a bit before I answer the call of the beach. While the first-team have been bashing the X-box and discreetly putting in calls to agents...let's hear it for Kit Symons and his U-18 academy side. After 11 games undefeated they top their league with just one game to play. Graduates from that side also turned up in our reserves 6-0 thrashing of Charlton, with Marcelo Trotta grabbing a hat-trick. Add to this exciting crop of youngsters Dan Burn, the highly-rated towering defender from Darlington, Cauley Woodrow, a striker of immense promise from Luton (both deals for six figure sums), and current interest in Port Vale midfielder Ryan Lloyd (down for one week trial in May), and it all suggests Mark Hughes has a vision for Fulham football club, which the chairman is backing with cash.

No professional club in the ultra-competitive environment that dictates the pursuit of talent will ever be loose with words as to their strategy - but along with Sidwell wasting no time in extending his contract for a further 3 years, we decipher what signals we can from the club. Does the above suggest to you that Mr. Hughes is looking to quickly move on to another club? Watch this space.

Certainly, the last 14 days did afford me chance to admire all that makes Man United a cut above the rest via recent televised games. They were streets ahead of us of course, but also had the better of Chelsea both home and away in the CL. They cut us to shreds down the flanks as I predicted. Ronaldo's electric pace is now replaced by that of Nani's, while Giggs has been an outstanding servant to the club. Our 'sticky plaster' full backs (wonderfullly descriptive phrase from poster Bob on official site) were cruelly exposed - not sure even Pants would have fared better!

When it came to the SF loss to Man City, the dagger that did for United came from midfield. Silva rarely gives the ball away and is always probing, but on the day Yaya Toure was immense - powerful runs down the middle, tigerishly breaking up play, looking to get in the box and finish. Hold that up against er...Danny and Dickson, and you see how far Fulham still have to go. It's a massive gulf to bridge. And we don't have the resources to pay what they do at Old Trafford (even if the Glazer's are over their heads with the bank's money to sustain it).

Let's give thanks for what we do have. Turning back to my 'expert analysis' from the armchair last weekend showed me that Blackburn, Blackpool, Wolves and West Ham (especially minus Parker) all have a mountain to climb. Following the Fulham as always is fascinating, and never any easy ride. But would we have it any other way?

Final postscript to the Blackpool win. Heard about the Scandi follower over for the weekend who slipped into a drunken snooze in the Men's room at the Golden Lion post match? No doubt dreaming happily of Bobby's double, had to raise the police on his mobile to come release him from the locked up premises when he came round...

If you're going to Wolverhampton let's hear some noise for the Black & White army!

Twitter@fulhamphil says COYW!

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22042011/58/premier-league-matchpack-wolves-v-fulham.html

Premier League - Matchpack: Wolves v Fulham

Fri, 22 Apr 10:51:00 2011

A video preview, team news and facts and figures ahead of the Premier League clash between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Fulham at Molineux.

Wolves midfielder Stephen Hunt has returned to full training - less than a fortnight after undergoing a hernia operation.

In a further fitness boost, key striker Kevin Doyle has started light training and has not been ruled out of making a comeback this season from his knee ligament injury. Hunt has endured an injury-hit first season at Molineux but could be available to play some part in the run-in.

Forwards Sam Vokes and Andy Keogh have also been recalled from their respective loans at Norwich and Bristol City.

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is almost resigned to being without Damien Duff again for the clash at Molineux.

Duff is still troubled by the Achilles injury that forced him to miss the defeat at Manchester United a fortnight ago but should be back for Wednesday night's match with Bolton.

Hughes has no fresh injury concerns, with Philippe Senderos still working his way back to full fitness after missing the entire season to date.

MATCH FACTS

There were three goals from just five shots on target when Wolves met Fulham at Craven Cottage in the reverse fixture.

In the two previous seasons where they have met, one of the games between Wolves and Fulham has ended as a 2-1 home win, the other as a 0-0 draw. Fulham beat Wolves 2-1 at Craven Cottage earlier this season.

Wolves have hit fewer shots off target than any side this season, 156.

Wolves have conceded exactly three goals in their last two Premier League home games.

Fulham have won only one of their last 34 Premier League away games.

Fulham have given away fewer penalties (one) and conceded the fewest cards (34 yellows, no reds) in this season's Premier League.

Fulham's Moussa Dembélé has conceded the most fouls without picking up a card.

Only 13 Fulham players have been booked this season, fewer than at any other side.

Bobby Zamora has scored three goals in his last four Premier League appearances.

Wolves have hit just seven shots from counter-attacking moves this season, fewer than any other Premier League side.

PA Sport / Opta .

White Noise

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/22/fulham-promised-a-footballing-lesson/

Fulham promised a footballing lesson

Friday 22nd April 2011, 12:30PM BST

Richard Stearman clears the ball.

Wolves today vowed to give Fulham a footballing lesson and hand themselves a survival shot in the arm tomorrow.

Mark Hughes' side visit Molineux for the first time since Wolves had seven players booked and Christophe Berra sent off in the 2-1 defeat at Craven Cottage in September.

Bobby Zamora also broke his leg in a challenge with Karl Henry, while Fulham midfielder Steve Sidwell faces the side he rejected in January for the first time since breaking Adlene Guedioura's leg playing for Villa.

Those incidents prompted Fulham midfielder Danny Murphy to declare Wolves as one of three teams 'too pumped up' with Stoke and Blackburn.

But with no-one in the top 20 of most-booked players, Mick McCarthy's side have long since silenced the critics.

"We were being branded a dirty team, but if you look at the disciplinary tables, we're nowhere being that," said defender Richard Stearman.

"Now it's calmed down, people can see we're much more than a physical, dirty team and hopefully Fulham will see that.

"Hopefully we'll put on a right show for them and they'll see we're a footballing team. We're not there to be a dirty team — that was just blown out of all proportion.

"It was just a couple of games and we got so much media attention from it."

Stearman added: "It's horrible for anyone to have any injury, but especially a broken leg. Having seen the replays at the time though, it was a fair tackle. It's great to see Bobby Zamora back playing and scoring goals."

And Stearman is confident there won't be any fall-out tomorrow. "We're just going to play the game," he said.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/22/fulham-promised-a-footballing-lesson/#ixzz1KK6v24S3

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/antidote-to-unseasonal-sunshine/

Antidote to unseasonal sunshine

Filed under: General — rich @ 3:41 pm

Leaving the ground.

Not even sure when this was, but I've only just got the photos off my phone. It's funny, the world, isn't it? When the sun's out, like it is today, it seems perfectly natural, as if things are always this way. You forget the bad weather. And when the weather's bad you forget when it's fine. That's one of the nice things with the football season: you get to see the game played in the sun, rain, wind, snow. Which is a great thing.

And while I'm here, what a shame the fixtures have all gone wrong this season. We'll get precisely one home game on a Saturday afternoon while the sun's out, none if the weather goes by the time Arsenal come. That's a huge shame.

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/04/22/fulham-defender-willing-to-risk-europa-league-spot-82029-28563357/

Fulham defender willing to risk Europa League spot

Apr 22 2011

By Paul Warburton

FULHAM won't shirk tackles from now until the end of the season – even if it does cost them a shock return to the Europa League.

The Whites have a back door to the competition they graced last season via an excellent disciplinary record in Uefa's Fair Play table.

But defender Aaron Hughes insists he and team-mates have put the last-chance incentive out of their minds.

Fulham and Hughes made the Europa final where they lost to Athletico Madrid in May 2010. As a result of England's second-place in the Uefa good boys league published this week – they are the team in pole position for next season as well.

Chelsea lead the Fair Play but will almost certainly qualify for the Champions League instead – not that it has any effect on Hughes.

"It's not as if you can plan tackles," said Hughes. "It's a split second thing – you do it almost unthinking in that sense – so nobody would have the Europa League in mind at that moment.

"What I will say is we have a number of experienced players, who usually know when they can win tackles and when they can't.

"We know when to stand up and not dive in, that sort of thing – and so far it's stood us in good stead."

White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/22/squad-sheets-wolverhampton-wanderers-fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

Squad sheets: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Fulham

guardian.co.uk, Friday 22 April 2011 17.06 BST

This game had more than enough riding on it without Karl Henry, the Wolves captain, reminding Danny Murphy that he "should worry about his team and no one else's". Murphy had implied Wolves were "too pumped up" in the wake of Henry breaking Bobby Zamora's leg at Craven Cottage in September. The Fulham midfielder seems certain to get a hostile reception at Molineux on an afternoon when Wolves will be desperate to pick up three points to revive their survival hopes. Fulham are not yet safe but one more win should be enough. Stuart James

Venue Molineux

Tickets £20-£30 (0871 222 1877)

Last season Wolves 2 Fulham 1

Referee Michael Oliver

This season's matches 14 Y47, R2, 3.50 cards per game

Odds Wolves 8-5 Fulham 7-4 Draw 9-4

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Fulham: probable starters in bold, contenders in light. Photograph: Graphic Wolves
Subs from Hahnemann, Milijas, Stearman, Jones, Hunt, Kightly, Mancienne, Guardioura, Mouyokolo, Vokes

Doubtful None

Injured Zubar (back, 1 May), Edwards (match fitness, 1 May), Elokobi (hamstring, 22 May), Doyle (knee, 22 May)

Suspended None

Form guide LLWDWD

Disciplinary record Y50 R2

Leading scorer Ebanks-Blake 7

Fulham

Subs from Stockdale, Etheridge, Pantsil, Kelly, Briggs, Halliche,

Greening, Dikgacoi, Gera, Kamara, Gudjohnsen, Davies, Duff, Johnson

Doubtful Duff (achilles)

Injured Senderos (achilles, Aug)

Suspended None

Form guide LWLWDD

Disciplinary record Y38 R0

Leading scorer Dempsey 10

Match pointers

• In the two previous Premier League seasons where they have met, one of the games between Wolves and Fulham ended as a 2-1 home win, the other as a 0-0 draw. Fulham beat Wolves 2-1 at Craven Cottage in September

• Fulham have won only one of their last 34 Premier League away games

• Wolves have hit just 156 shots off target and seven shots on the counterattack – fewest in the Premier League

• Fulham have given away fewer penalties (one) and conceded the fewest cards (34 yellows, no reds) in this season's Premier League

White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/22/football-transfer-rumours-sneijder-man-utd?INTCMP=SRCH

Fulham are hoping to land young Aaron Ramsey on a season-long loan from Arsenal in the summer. Ramsey will presumably be happy to get away from the cloying atmosphere at the Emirates, it can't be easy watching the adults suffering these thundering nervous breakdowns all the time. In fact, the services should probably intervene now.

White Noise

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/04/22/Preview-Wolves-v-Fulham-Sat/gnid-93058/

Preview: Wolves v Fulham (Sat)

by JP Lonergan , 22 April 2011   

Stephen Hunt could come into the Wolverhampton Wanderers side for Saturday's game with Fulham at Molineux.

Bottom of the league, Wolves will be desperate to get three points and tighten up an already squashed lower half of the table, and they are boosted in that goal by the availability of midfielder Hunt after a groin injury.

Wales midfielder Dave Edwards is still missing with a knee injury, while striker Kevin Doyle (knee) and defender Ronald Zubar (back) are out for the rest of the season.

Zubar's fellow back liner George Elokobi will also miss the Fulham game as he has a hamstring strain.

While Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has good news over his left-footed Republic of Ireland midfielder the case is the opposite for Fulham chief Mark Hughes.

Hughes is almost certain to be without Damien Duff, who missed the 2-0 defeat to Manchester United two weeks ago with a hamstring strain and is still troubled by the knock.

There are no other injury concerns for the Cottagers boss, whose own side are still slightly in danger of relegation but would likely quash all fears were they to beat Wolves on Saturday.

Wolves (from): Hahnemann, Mouyokolo, Jarvis, Craddock, Jones, Ward, Fletcher, Ebanks-Blake, Stearman, Vokes, Milijas, Hill, Hennessey, Batth, Henry, Hammill, Ebanks-Blake, Foley, Hunt, Kightly, Guedioura, Mancienne.

Fulham (from): Schwarzer, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Salcido, Etuhu, Duff, Davies, Murphy, Sidwell, Dempsey, Dembele, Zamora, Johnson, Stockdale, Kelly, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta.

White Noise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9462364.stm

Wolverhampton    v    Fulham

Saturday, 23 April 2011

Barclays Premier League

Home Team Score Away Team Time

Wolves v  Fulham 15:00

WOLVESFULHAMPossessionWolves 50%Fulham 50%Attempts on targetWolves 0Fulham 0Attempts off targetWolves 0Fulham 0CornersWolves 0Fulham 0FoulsWolves 0Fulham 0
Barclays Premier League
Venue: Molineux Date: Saturday, 23 April Kick-off: 1500 BST
Coverage: Watch highlights on Match of the Day; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS

Wolves' utility man Stephen Ward is set to be handed the job of deputising for injured left-back George Elokobi.

Stephen Hunt is available after missing the last two months following hernia surgery, while striker Sam Vokes is back from his loan spell at Norwich.

Fulham are again expected to be without Damien Duff, who is still troubled by an Achilles injury.

Other than Duff and Philippe Senderos, Mark Hughes has a fully-fit squad to chose from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolves

Injured: Doyle (knee), Edwards & Zubar (both back), Elokobi (hamstring)

Fulham

Doubtful: Duff (Achilles) Injured: Senderos (Achilles)

MATCH PREVIEW
Back at the bottom of the table but with a game in hand, Wolves have had two weeks to sit and mull over their heavy home defeat to Everton. The only blessing for Mick McCarthy is that his side have not been cut adrift despite not having a fixture last weekend.

We've got what it takes to get the wins we need to get out of the position we're in. We don't want to be looking back at the end of the season with any regrets - the chance is there for us

Karl Henry, Wolves captain
A glance at Wolves' run-in makes for pleasant reading for the club's fans; their final six matches are all against sides currently in the bottom half of the table. For added spice, they play local rivals Stoke, Birmingham and West Brom in consecutive matches after Saturday's game.

Home form has been key to Wolves' season. They have taken 13 points out of a possible 18 at Molineux against fellow sides in the bottom half, with only Wigan heading home with all three points.

Fulham are winless in their last two away matches and will kick-off just six points above Wolves, and only five clear of the relegation zone. Mark Hughes will be only too aware that defeat would apply unwanted pressure back on his side, who have not fallen lower than 15th place since January.

In-form striker Bobby Zamora will be looking to put bad memories of the reverse fixture behind him. The striker broke his leg after a tackle from Wolves' skipper Karl Henry at Craven Cottage. Since his comeback, the 30-year-old has scored three times, including twice in two starts.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Fulham are vying to complete the league double over Wolves for the first time in their history.

• Wolves are unbeaten in their last five home league matches against Fulham since a 4-0 defeat in the old Division Two in March 1985.

Wolves

• Wolves have won three and lost two of their last five Premier League games at Molineux. They have only lost back-to-back home games once this season - to Arsenal and Bolton in November.

• They have earned 24 of their 32 points at Molineux this season.

• Mick McCarthy's side have lost their last two league matches and 18 in total this season - the equal-most in the division with Blackpool.

• Kevin Foley could make his 150th start for Wolves.

Fulham

• Fulham have failed to win any of their seven league away matches in 2011.

• They are the only Premier League club yet to concede a goal from a penalty this season. The only one they gave away was missed by Manchester United's Nani back in August.

• The west Londoners are the only top-flight team not to have earned a red card this season.

• Damien Duff is one goal away from scoring 50 in the Premier League. He would become the third Irishman to reach this milestone after Robbie Keane and Niall Quinn.

• If Clint Dempsey scores he will equal the club record for most Premier League goals by a player. Brian McBride and Steed Malbranque lead the way with 32 goals each.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Wolves

Doyle: 8 goals (5 league); Ebanks-Blake: 7 goals (7 league); Fletcher: 7 goals (5 league)

Fulham

Dempsey: 11 goals (10 league); Zamora: 6 goals (4 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Michael Oliver

Assistant referees: Mick McDonough & Andy Newbold

Fourth official: Phil Gibbs

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
Wolves (L0-3 v Everton, h): Hennessey; Foley, Stearman, Berra, Elokobi, Guedioura (Milijas 76), Henry, O'Hara, Jarvis, Ebanks-Blake (Kightly 46), Fletcher (Hammill 82). Subs not used: Hahnemann, Craddock, Ward, Mancienne.

Fulham (L0-2 v Manchester United, a): Schwarzer; Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Salcido, Kakuta, Murphy (Greening 82), Etuhu (Gera 67), Dempsey, Dembele (Gudjohnsen 55), Zamora. Subs not used: Stockdale, Kelly, Sidwell, Halliche.

White Noise

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/04/arsenal-starlet-linked-with-fulham-move

Arsenal starlet linked with Fulham move

Published on April 22, 2011

by Matthew Wood

Arsenal youngster Aaron Ramsey is being linked with a loan move to Fulham for the 2011/12 season.

Ramsey, who recovered from a leg break sustained during a Stoke City – Arsenal game last year, has been on loan to both Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City this campaign before returning to the Emirates.

However, the 20-year-old could struggle to find his way back into the Arsenal side with the emergence of Jack Wilshere and may be forced to find first-team football elsewhere.

Fulham manager Mark Hughes is said to be an admirer of the midfielder and is prepared to make Ramsey a regular at Craven Cottage.

White Noise

Wolves: Adlene Guedioura has no problem with Steve Sidwell

By Bill Howell

Apr 22 2011

ADLENE Guedioura has played down the significance of coming face-to-face with Steve Sidwell – eight months after having his leg broken by him.

Sidwell arrives at Molineux tomorrow with his Fulham side having injured Guedioura while with Villa. "There's no problem at all as I said at the time – it's all forgotten,'' said the fit-again Algerian. "It's all in the past and I'm looking forward now, nothing else.

"I'm feeling good. It was good to get back against Everton but that game has gone now and we are all looking forward to the next ones against Fulham, Stoke and Birmingham. These last couple of weeks have given us the chance to work hard on certain things to make sure we are ready for the game.

"Sometimes it's good to be playing every week but other times like now it's good to be able to spend time in training and rectify some of the details to our games to be ready for the next game. The next three games are all massive and, to be honest, the last six are like six-pointers because they are against teams closer to us in the table.

"If we could win them then not only does it help us but also damage the opposition as well.

"Hopefully we can start it all off with a win against Fulham."

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/wolves-fc-news/2011/04/22/wolves-adlene-guedioura-has-no-problem-with-steve-sidwell-97319-28567031/#ixzz1KKAdfYXH