watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr - The King's speech.

Started by jarv, April 24, 2011, 03:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Make no mistake, I am not a fan of royalty but what a bloody good film. Just finished watching it on tv, quite moving at times. No wonder it got awards.

Rupert

Superb film, and made on a relative shoestring budget.
My mum never goes to the cinema nowadays, but she went to this one and said it had extra poignancy for her as she has very early memories of the events depicted.
The scene set at the old Wembley Stadium was absolutely brilliant, when you consider the place doesn't actually exist any longer, yet you would almost swear it was filmed on location.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Bartender 14

Quote from: jarv on April 24, 2011, 03:00:53 AM
Make no mistake, I am not a fan of royalty but what a bloody good film. Just finished watching it on tv, quite moving at times. No wonder it got awards.

Yes good film, great acting. Although at the end I got the feeling the coming war was a futility after the King overcame his scare of speaking in public. Which of course was not the case.  :048:

RidgeRider

Jarv, thanks for the heads up. I will rent this one. Looks like the reviews have been outstanding.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 24, 2011, 04:21:30 PM
Jarv, thanks for the heads up. I will rent this one. Looks like the reviews have been outstanding.

Not to mention the 72 Oscars and the 312 Golden Globes and the 1182 BAFTAs
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

w-w-w-w-w-w-t-f  :tom: :tom: :tom: :tom:,

I liked I c-c-c-c-c-claudius a lot better. P-p-p-pretentious c-c-c-crap. 
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on April 24, 2011, 10:04:41 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on April 24, 2011, 04:21:30 PM

Not to mention the 72 Oscars and the 312 Golden Globes and the 1182 BAFTAs

I don't take any news!  :tom:

I know.... but that is how I roll. Much happier that way but I miss things like good movies that come out. Now I am definitely going to rent it. Thanks!