News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Annoyed with MHughes and Dempsey. Happy with the point.

Started by CaliforniaFFC, April 24, 2011, 04:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaliforniaFFC

MHughes needs to calm down. His behaviour is embarassing - reminds me of Maradona with Argentina at the World Cup. He should not be in the spotlight, leave off the refs and set the right example. One reason I used to like Woy was his demeanour - did not blame the refs, no antics, players under control.

Dempsey's reaction at being substituted was a disgrace. Shake AJ's hand with the same respect as AJ hugged Zamora after his goal v Blackpool. Dempsey has been fantastic for us this year but he was out of order today!

Happy with the point because I had us down to lose (BBC Predictor). One away win in 35+ matches does not exactly inspire confidence. According to the predictor we will finish 8th.

Luke

I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time I was actually happy to see someone show that much passion about managing our football club. Woy would never have been seen doing that but sometimes the players need to see the manage does actually care what happens etc on the pitch.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

Tom

Quote from: Luke on April 24, 2011, 09:12:57 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time I was actually happy to see someone show that much passion about managing our football club. Woy would never have been seen doing that but sometimes the players need to see the manage does actually care what happens etc on the pitch.
Totally 100% agree! Got to have heart and passion on this game.  :54:
Fulham for life!

leonffc

Quote from: Luke on April 24, 2011, 09:12:57 AM

Exactly!! Hughes or Average Grant on the touch line? Give me passion any day

maksimir

I agree Leon, look where we are and where the olympic squatters are in the table - with similar players.  The managers attittude/passion must make some positive difference.

CaliforniaFFC

Passion and heart are not the main ingredients to be a successful manager. If that was the case Ince, Keane, Coleman, Megson etc would all have been great managers.

Roy did all his work on the training ground and how can anyone say his calm, confident demeanour did not inspire players. Finishing 7th, Europa League Final and the Great Escape are truly inspired achievements.

MHughes has us 13th which is alright considering his attacking options for two-thirds of the season but I think his behaviour is still indicative of a man that craves the spotlight.

FatFreddysCat

Mark Hughes has been mostly known throughout his career for shying away from the limelight to be fair to him California. And i'm Leon in that i love to see a bit of passion from the manager and loved his spats with pullis.

epsomraver

Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on April 24, 2011, 08:32:59 PM
Passion and heart are not the main ingredients to be a successful manager. If that was the case Ince, Keane, Coleman, Megson etc would all have been great managers.

Roy did all his work on the training ground and how can anyone say his calm, confident demeanour did not inspire players. Finishing 7th, Europa League Final and the Great Escape are truly inspired achievements.

MHughes has us 13th which is alright considering his attacking options for two-thirds of the season but I think his behaviour is still indicative of a man that craves the spotlight.

So Woy  didn't kick a great big hole in his "Audi sponsored chair then?", I am sure someone will find the clip,The manager should show passion.

Gozorich

I am more concerned with Dempsey than Hughes. I am a big fan of Dempsey's although I think there is something missing which holds him back from being a 'great' player. I can't put my finger on it.
He does come across as a troubled young man and with his sad background has every right to be. I only see the matches on TV but he often seems to be on the edge when we celebrate a goal - unless it is his and I agree his attitude at being subbed on Saturday was poor. He looks as though he is about to explode with anger sometimes.
I love his commitment but  why the morose character? Does he have problems with some colleagues, the Manager or what? I'm sure I'll be shouted down but it is a little worrying particularly as he can, when on song, bring so much to the Team. Hope my telly is on the blink and I'm missing something! :001:

maksimir

Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on April 24, 2011, 08:32:59 PM

To be fair a lot of the managers you mentioned there are still young and could possibly come good by the time they reach Roys age - some have had relative success in their early years. 

Re: the passion issue, I do think we need more of this in certain matches such as Wolves away and definitely Sunderland away next week - their tails are up after winning for the 1st time in months and with battlers like Henderson/Cattermole/etc., maybe Hughes feels the need to 'get his team up for it' in games such as this.  I don't think he's kicking water bottles and getting into trouble with refs because he wants attention, I think he genuinely gets pissed off on occasions - bit like us all really.

Whiteroom

I was really pleased to see Mark reacting in that way. I think he is becoming more involved with Fulham and this is represented in his touchline behaviour. Roy may not have kicked a bottle, but he could out rub Mark any day.