Charlie Nicholas 'Thoroughly Enjoyed' Watching Fulham

Started by White Noise, April 24, 2011, 06:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11699_6892184,00.html

Wolves at the door

More nervous times ahead for Mick's men, says Charlie

Last Updated: April 23, 2011 7:26pm

Charlie Nicholas watched nerves get the better of Wolves - and predicted even more tense times ahead.

Mick McCarthy's men managed to climb off the foot of the table with a point against Fulham, but are still rooted firmly in the relegation places.

They travel to Stoke next and although they are only one point behind 17th-placed Blackpool, Nicholas expects them to make a return to the Championship come the end of the season.

"It's going to be extremely tough especially with Stoke away," he told Soccer Saturday. "I think it will be difficult for Wolves.

"It was nervy today - they couldn't keep the ball that well. The lad Stephen Ward sat in at left-back today and they seemed to be on his back quite quickly the fans.

"I don't know why that he is, because he seems to have a nice left foot and likes to get forward when he can.

"Mick keeps talking about hard-working and that's what Wolves are, all over. Every member of their squad is just that.

Spilled

"I thought if anything Fulham deserved at least a draw and probably should've won because the chances they made were far superior."

Wolves went ahead through Steven Fletcher's neat header from a Karl Henry cross but were forced to ride their luck on several occasions.

Keeper Wayne Hennessey made several fine stops but could do little about Andy Johnson's equaliser, the fit-again striker finishing smartly within seconds of replacing Clint Dempsey.

"Andy Johnson came off the bench and within 15 seconds it was one touch, bang, he'd scored the goal - but they could've scored five today Fulham," said Nicholas.

"They were very nervy but very fortunate, Wolves. Hennessy made three or four top-class saves but he also spilled three or four.

"All I could say is I thoroughly enjoyed watching Fulham today.

"They looked as if they had no worries about relegation - it was all about getting something from the game today."

epsomraver

I heard that too WN, there speaks a man who knows his football.

Mr Fulham

Yes, Nicholas really is a pundit. Contrary to 99% of that bunch.