watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Timbers v Galaxy last night

Started by RidgeRider, April 24, 2011, 04:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Stayed up and watched this match last night. It was a good match only in that the Galaxy are playing some really good soccer right now and they clearly outclassed the Timbers. Timbers created 5 or 6 really good changes but couldn't put them away as the Jamaican keeper at Galaxy made three amazing saves on the night.

Timbers are very athletic but are suffering on the defensive end and struggled on the midfield at times but they will get better with more time together.

Darlington Magbe of the Timbers came on at about the 65th minute again and i have to tell you he is the most skillful player on the Timbers and one of the most skillful players I have seen in the MLS. This kid is getting over a double hernia but is very fast, has a ton of skill and could be ripping up the league in the next couple of seasons. He is very young and I predict big things from him. What a player!

I have to say I really enjoyed watching this match, even though my team was getting spanked, and the atmosphere in LA was pretty noisy. There was even a decent Timber Army presence there as well.  

Galaxy clobbered them 3-0 but the soccer was the best I have seen in the league so far.

Tom

I watched the game as well RR. Galaxy were the far superior team! Timbers have some pieces in place but are a long ways away.
Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

Agree Tom. You could tell the have some skill but they need some upgrades in certain spots and more time playing together as a team.

Galaxy are an excellent side and will be tough to beat this year. Landon was really active and thought that third goal was awesome.

duffbeer

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 24, 2011, 04:41:59 PM

Darlington Magbe of the Timbers came on at about the 65th minute again and i have to tell you he is the most skillful player on the Timbers and one of the most skillful players I have seen in the MLS. This kid is getting over a double hernia but is very fast, has a ton of skill and could be ripping up the league in the next couple of seasons. He is very young and I predict big things from him. What a player!

Glad to hear that Nagbe looked good, but he didnt get the college player of the year for nothin'.  I've seen Nagbe play quite a bit as he is a Cleveland boy, Akron alum, and a product of the same club my son plays for.  Caleb Porter said Nagbe is the best college player he has ever seen;  you are not alone in expecting big things from him.  Unfortunately, I didnt get to see the match but I'm really looking forward to seeing him play for the Timbers.  

HatterDon

I watched most of the match myself. Ridgey, I am STOKED that you're getting a chance to watch MLS. I think you'll wind up agreeing with most of us that it has a lot to offer, that there's more box-to-box action, and that the pace is slower than the Prem because Bolton doesnt have to play Liverpool in Dallas in August!

I've never understood the Euro-snobs, but I guess that's because I grew up on minor league baseball and watched Luton play in all four divisions. I love the game more than any league. Welcome to the koolade, Jack!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel