watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stearman's Tackle on Gudjohnsen

Started by Tonywa, April 24, 2011, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

I'm amazed that the Wolves defender Stearman's tackle on Gudjohnson has not attracted more attention.  It was appalling even by the standards of the group of leg-breaking thugs which make up part of the Wolves team  To my mind it was far worse than anything they perpetrated in the game at the Cottage earlier in the season and that's saying something.  Had Eidur not managed to jump out of the way it could well have broken both his legs and it is disgraceful that tackles like this are becoming increasingly prevalent in our football.  On the Sky highlights last night summariser Tony Gale was incandescent with rage about it calling it shameful and opining that the player should have been given a straight red card for such a horrific challenge.  No doubt 'Thick' McCathy would try to pass it of as nothing much than a robust challenge, but the fact remains that a player initiating a tackle like that designed to seriously injure a fellow professional should not be allowed to remain in the game. God I hope these band of thugs go down and stop besmirching our top division.

FFCcravencottage

I like to read what the opposition fans have to say after the game, and they agree with you they thought he should have been sent off, also virtually everyone of them think they were so lucky to even come away with a point.
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?10234-Fulham-(H)-Matchday-Thread

finnster01

It is simply because we are Fulham.

Imagine that tackle had been on Gerrard?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

I think it's because it was so early in the game. Everyone knows that you get away with a lot more in the first half hour than you'll escape during the last half hour.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel