watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another missed chance

Started by The Swan, April 25, 2011, 08:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Not to beat Wolves away was poor. This was the only fixture that we could have done the double.
We did the double over Stoke so we have lost the chance to do another.
We are the only team in the Prem that has only won one away all season. We still have two more away games against Sunderland and Birmingham. We will not win either of them. Thank God for our great home record. I know it is a Fulham thing not winning many away games ( I have supported them since 1961). Mark Hughes said that he would improve our away record. So far I have not seen any improvement.
The Swan

finnster01

Mr Swan,
Don't give up quite yet. I think we can pick up 3 pts at the SOL
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Could we set up a system that automatically responds with Scrumpy's excellent post whenever someone complains about our away form?

It what threatened to be a disaster of a season, we've done OK, if we win tomorrow it might even be a good season. Away, we're not amazing but we're 16th in the table - only 3 places below our actual position. Plus, we're scoring more away than we did before. We've only conceded more away goals than Chelsea and Man City. Draws count too - Stoke and Blackburn have 3 away wins but are below us in the away league. We've only been beaten 7 times away - fewer than Liverpool.

jarv

We have had this discussion all season. I too am disappointed but I think for every team it is harder to win away these days. Teams like manU and Liverpool come to Craven Cottage and no longer expect to win. (If only Demps had not missed THAT penalty against Chelsea).

Promoted teams like wba, blackpool not only surprise others but a certain complacancy can exist in (the favourites) players minds. ie, 3 points today, no problem.

Fulham's away record overall is good. I cannot see a loss to either Sunderland or Birmingham. Two more draws will be fine, ok a bit boring. Also, take in to account a few poor referee decisions and all the injuries. Could have, should have....

epsomraver

Quote from: The Swan on April 25, 2011, 08:52:14 PM
Not to beat Wolves away was poor. This was the only fixture that we could have done the double.
We did the double over Stoke so we have lost the chance to do another.
We are the only team in the Prem that has only won one away all season. We still have two more away games against Sunderland and Birmingham. We will not win either of them. Thank God for our great home record. I know it is a Fulham thing not winning many away games ( I have supported them since 1961). Mark Hughes said that he would improve our away record. So far I have not seen any improvement.

There has been a marked improvement, we are far more positive away from home and give Sparky his due, he goes for the win and does not sit back for the draw as Woy did, we have had much closer games this season and the numbers going to away games has gone up.

TonyGilroy

Since Boxing Day we've won every home League game apart from the draw with Chelsea.

Away we've won 1 drawn 4 and lost 4 (Tottenham, ManU, Liverpool and Everton)

I think that's an outstanding record.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 26, 2011, 02:06:25 PM
Since Boxing Day we've won every home League game apart from the draw with Chelsea.

its not outstanding at all, its pretty average as I showed the other day when I listed all ten seasons away records.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2011, 04:02:38 PM

its not outstanding at all, its pretty average as I showed the other day when I listed all ten seasons away records.

Equivalent of 32 points from 18 games. Over the season that would put us 5th or 6th.

The improvement since Xmas has been massive.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 26, 2011, 05:08:28 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2011, 04:02:38 PM

Equivalent of 32 points from 18 games. Over the season that would put us 5th or 6th.

The improvement since Xmas has been massive.
sorry should have re read and then pointed out I was writing about the away record.

TonyGilroy

Even that's good in terms of goals conceded and fewest games lost.

We obviously need to turn some draws into wins but if we did that and kept our home record as is we'd be shooting for top four.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 26, 2011, 05:16:10 PM

Even that's good in terms of goals conceded and fewest games lost.

We obviously need to turn some draws into wins but if we did that and kept our home record as is we'd be shooting for top four.
but you know yourself that the home record could not be that good as during that run apart from chelsea we have not played any of the top six at home.

TonyGilroy

True but that's because we played them away. So home record deceptively good and away record deceptively bad since Xmas.