watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now I may very well be wrong but...

Started by finnster01, April 26, 2011, 12:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Now that Senderos is back and apparently Halliche is right behind him, I am slightly concerned about messing with the strongest part of our team, the Thams Barrier (H&H).

I understand we need insurance. But the best part of Fulham is CB and GK. We have 3 good GK. We have perhaps the best CB pair in the league with 2 presumably good insurance options. However, we don't have proper LB's or RB's. We are covered on the Def Mid part but not offensive and it shows the few times Murphy has a bad day. Up front, other than BZ we lack teeth.

So why do we try to fix something that isn't broken and put an excuse for Hangeland and Hughes agent to "explore" delas elsewhere by going to the press and saying Senderos will be getting playing time?

I am clearly way paranoid but I just do not want to lose H&H ever...And Hangeland's agent is a real dodgy one by the way. Don't know who Aaron's agent is.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

You need solid backups. I don't think Hughes wants to break up the Thames Barrier.

ImperialWhite

I think you're being harsh on Salcido - he had an excellent game Saturday. I saw him in two teams of the week (BBC and ahoo).

He's not afraid to go forwards, or even have a shot, which is exactly what a team which is fairly defensive needs - extra attacking options and width.

jarv

H & H are superb, but nothing goes on for ever in football. Hughes, being the older one, will probably show a few cracks at some point soon. The need for replacement could come at any moment. Both H &H have been tremendously lucky with (no) injuries too. That also cannot go on for ever.

I have not paid much attention to Senderos. Is he a reader of the game (like Hughes) or is he a traditional centre half??

alfie

Quote from: jarv on April 26, 2011, 01:35:21 PM
H & H are superb, but nothing goes on for ever in football. Hughes, being the older one, will probably show a few cracks at some point soon. The need for replacement could come at any moment. Both H &H have been tremendously lucky with (no) injuries too. That also cannot go on for ever.

I have not paid much attention to Senderos. Is he a reader of the game (like Hughes) or is he a traditional centre half??

I love Hughes but i think even now he has started to have a few problems, sometimes i get a little worried (not too often though)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Oakeshott

Jarv

They've been lucky, but not tremendously so. The reason they don't get injured (touch wood) is that they are intelligent players and defend by skill and not by charging into opponents like bulls in china shops (or, more pertinently, Wolvs centre backs). The Man. Un centre backs are much the same, but the injury Rio F did pick up seems one that keeps dogging him. Smalling seems to be in much the same mould.