watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok guys, its time ..............

Started by Fernhurst, April 28, 2011, 11:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Take a deep breath ....... who we gonna lose in the summer, and if we do who will replace them

My picks:

Mark Huges and Co ..... to Aston Villa..... replaced by Paul Lambert

Brede Hangeland --- to Arsenal .... replaced by "gawd knows who" after last nights comparison with Cahill he's irreplacable.

Clint Dempsey.... to Aston Villa.... replaced by Chris Brunt.

Aj to QPR ---- replaced with Kevin Doyle 

mike_f

If any of that happens, we will be truly in trouble.

VB

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 28, 2011, 11:37:06 PM
Take a deep breath ....... who we gonna lose in the summer, and if we do who will replace them

My picks:

Brede Hangeland --- to Arsenal .... replaced by "gawd knows who" after last nights comparison with Cahill he's irreplacable.

If Sparky left for Villa, that would be a kick in the teeth for us, there not what they used to be and why would he want to take a sideway step. if a bigger? club came in...who knows

if we sold are best defender (for the last ten years) we'd need shooting

are leading goalscorer to leave.....naaaa

AJ to qprhaha naaaa

maybe pantsil and a few other squad player, but not those 4......please....
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

richie17

My take:

Hughes won't go unless we sell players he likes, which we might.

AJ to QPR is a good shout, but Hodgson wouldn't sell Chris Brunt.

Paul Lambert will finish what he starts at Norwich or get a BIG job.

Arsenal come in for Hangeland and Schwarzer.  We end up selling but extract Aaron Ramsey, Koscielny and £5m for them.

Dempsey gets attention but doesn't leave.  Then a decentish Champions League club come in (Villareal?) and he goes.

Hughes is narked off that his two key players have been sold, resigns. Danny Murphy takes over but it doesn't work too well.

Fernhurst

Great Guys.... come on .... lets have some more opinions

Mr Fulham

Quote from: richie17 on April 28, 2011, 11:52:43 PM

Arsenal come in for Hangeland and Schwarzer.  We end up selling but extract Aaron Ramsey, Koscielny and £5m for them.

Dempsey gets attention but doesn't leave.  Then a decentish Champions League club come in (Villareal?) and he goes.

haha...never in a million years.

Snibbo

Pants and Gera will go to WBA.

We'll bring in a couple of unheralded European starlets, who will be in the Moussa mould.

Tom

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 28, 2011, 11:37:06 PM

My picks:

All I have to say is  :tom:! Your out of your mind.
Fulham for life!

Rupert

Didn't O'Neill resign from Villa due to a lack of investment by a sensible chairman, unwilling to break the bank in order to maybe, possibly, with a bit of luck, edge into the top four? O'Neill wanted to go for the Champions League, his boss knew Villa were doing well to stick in the top six and that was enough.
Or have I got that all mixed up?
At any rate, what with the shake up at the top, Spuds going well, Liverpool seeming to improve a bit, plus the "Big 4" monopolising the champions League spots, getting Villa or Fulham into that elite group would be nigh on impossible. Thing is, we don't expect to get into it, from what I have read, Villa do harbour some hopes.
So, given the above, coupled with his experiences at Man City, would Sparky Marky be that inclined to take the Villa job, if it was offered to him?

I could see him taking off to a big club, or maybe take over at Spuds if 'Arry is sent down for tax dodging, but to another medium sized club without lots of money? Where is the benefit for him?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SG

Fergie retires and they go for Hughes and co.

BalDrick

Think the papers will be full of stories about some of our players leaving - Zamora will be linked with every club that ever bought a striker for a start.

There are 3 sets of people to go aren't there: the ones we no longer need; the ones who perhaps have reached the end of the road; and the ones big clubs offer unrefusable amounts for.

First group you've got your Pantsils, Geras etc. No major loss to be fair; I'd have liked Gera to stay but if Sparky ain't gonna play him (and after the other night's game, let's face it, he's not), then let him go. Greening is an interesting one; Bobby has been saying he's looked awesome in training, so maybe he'll stay. But will he want to? The Saffer, well by all accounts they love him at Palace but WADR a legend at Palace might not even make our bench. Mummy's Little Boy is gone I'm sure, likewise Useless Eddie.

Next group could be AJ as a contender - he's slipped a few places in the pecking order and is another year older. By all accounts he's on a whack, which means a) would be nice for us to save the cash but b) makes it unlikely others will match his wages (QPR I can't see paying players loads). Schwarzer might also be said to belong here. Personally I think he's far from over, and after a few weeks thinking about it, have decided Stockers is making an arse out of himself and wants to shut up and buckle down. The Manninger story adds fuel to this though doesn't it?

And then you've got players other clubs will fancy. Zamora, Dembele, Deuce, Hangers, Schwarzer again. Think these all fit into the 'only if silly money is offered' bracket. But is there a team that a) would offer silly money and b) is the right quality for these guys? Let's face it, none are really CL quality, maybe Schwarzer, maybe Hangers. There's the Twitch factor though. Reckon they'll miss out on CL qualification, and he's more than happy to throw silly amounts of someone else's money around.

As for Sparky, agree with above, Villa's a sideways move at best. Think/hope he'll stay with us until he's shown he can move to a top 4 club, the champions elect I imagine. Slur Alex might not stay as long as that'll take, so there's probably another incumbent there first, and I'd guess that'll be Mourinho.

Interesting times...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

I said it recently but I really do think it all hangs on the Villa job and Moyes. if Villa make a change I would expect them to go for Moyes or Hughes like they did just after he joined us, I would also throw into the mix Sunderland but Bruce may get a stay of execution.
As for Villa not being a big club, prior to this season they have been top six and with the ground and fan base they are bigger than us.They also have some very good players, its just that this year they had a poor manager. Just like last year and Roy you have Fulham fans going on about how liverpool (now Villa) are a club on decline and we are a better bet. Sorry to spoil the party but they are bigger than us and if a manager get the cash both are jobs that are/were very hard to turn down.
As for players, again I think we will have at least one big bid for one of them, its going to depend on how much and the player in the end. The one player I expect would jump at a move to a "bigger" club is Dempsey. He has been great this year and clubs want a goalscorer and he has never hid the fact that he wants to win trophys, he might think he has done his time and might want a change. From what I read about Brede he really likes it a Fulham and would not move unless we expected a big bid.
The best scenario is we qualify for europe, get through the early round and make it to the end of the transfer window without losing anyone.

TonyGilroy

Hughes is the key and none of us know how happy he is with us and what his immediate aspirations are. His relationship with the Board and money available to him would be a factor.

My guess is that he'll stay and aim to progress us rather than go to a Villa or Everton where he'll be expected to do more than might be realistically possible - he's been there once.

If he stays and has backing I'd expect no major departures and the arrival of some Dembele type talent from abroad. Young, talented and unanticipated by us.

I can't see him spending big on the likes of Bentley or Wright Phillips.

watfordwhite

Quote from: BalDrick on April 29, 2011, 08:36:53 AM
Think the papers will be full of stories about some of our players leaving - Zamora will be linked with every club that ever bought a striker for a start.

Goes without saying. Bobby will stay  :wine:

First group you've got your Pantsils, Geras etc. No major loss to be fair; I'd have liked Gera to stay but if Sparky ain't gonna play him (and after the other night's game, let's face it, he's not), then let him go. Greening is an interesting one; Bobby has been saying he's looked awesome in training, so maybe he'll stay. But will he want to? The Saffer, well by all accounts they love him at Palace but WADR a legend at Palace might not even make our bench. Mummy's Little Boy is gone I'm sure, likewise Useless Eddie.

Agree with all of the above, shame about Pants

Next group could be AJ as a contender - he's slipped a few places in the pecking order and is another year older.

Stays

Schwarzer

Goes to the Arse

Stockers

Stays and becomes No1

And then you've got players other clubs will fancy.
Zamora, , Hangers,

Both stay  :yay:

Dembele, goes to Man C   :doh: Never to be seen again
Deuce         goes to a CL club   :026:

As for Sparky,  Defo stays and 1/4 final Europa, semi FA cup 8th prem   :wine:

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 29, 2011, 09:18:34 AM
Hughes is the key and none of us know how happy he is with us and what his immediate aspirations are. His relationship with the Board and money available to him would be a factor.

My guess is that he'll stay and aim to progress us rather than go to a Villa or Everton where he'll be expected to do more than might be realistically possible - he's been there once.

If he stays and has backing I'd expect no major departures and the arrival of some Dembele type talent from abroad. Young, talented and unanticipated by us.

I can't see him spending big on the likes of Bentley or Wright Phillips.
Good shout

mannyfrommarden

This comment is total speculation which doesn't square with reality.  Get a life and look forward to a Fulham with a competitive squad which is on the up.

ron

The longer these posts are, the wronger(!) they get.

Less always happens than is predicted.

jarv

Hughes has already shown his teeth.(Schwartz. last sumer)  He will only make changes which improve the team, he will not let anyone go he does not want to. However, let's say an offer of 12 mill. for Clint. My guess is he will take it, bring in SWP for about 3mill. plus another very good player.
SWP offers real pace and direct running. We still have very good wide players in Duff, Davies, Dembele and maybe Kakuta.