watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - OK, It's got to be Mentioned

Started by Peabody, April 29, 2011, 10:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Is it just me being a grumpy old man but is anyone else fed up with this wedding thing. My wife is glued to the screen. Wish she would show as much enthusiasm for a Fulham game.

Lighthouse

Take it or leave it. I can't say it will do much for me. Just nice listening to all the happy people clapping and shouting. Not hard to ignore it if you want to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Scrumpy

Ah c'mon Peabody! Only the Brits can do all this pomp and circumstance.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Doctor

I just can't muster any enthusiasm for it.  But then, I have got plenty of work to get on with (he says, posting on a messageboard!). 

My housemates are watching it in the next room, so I'm currently listening to the strains of "Guide me now O Great Redeemer".  One of them thought that Al Fayed arrived at the wedding earlier, but I've since discovered on TIFF that it was Mo's lookalike the King of Tonga

BalDrick

Wife and daughter glued to it, I've just done 10 minutes, more than enough. She's fit though...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

mrska

Why are people moaning about the Royal Wedding? It's a 'GOOD NEWS' story. I'd much rather turn the tele on and see Thousand of excentric Brits waving Flags and cheering rather than watching Arabs killing each other! Its shows what a great Nation we are!! GOOD LUCK WILLS AND KATE. PROUD TO BE BRITISH (English). GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!

manxman

Quote from: BalDrick on April 29, 2011, 11:22:05 AM
She's fit though...

The only reason I am watching ..... I'd smash her lol
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

BalDrick

Quote from: manxman on April 29, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on April 29, 2011, 11:22:05 AM
She's fit though...

The only reason I am watching ..... I'd smash her lol

Funnily enough I've seen her looking loads better than she does today.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

epsomraver

Quote from: mr_ska on April 29, 2011, 11:26:36 AM
Why are people moaning about the Royal Wedding? It's a 'GOOD NEWS' story. I'd much rather turn the tele on and see Thousand of excentric Brits waving Flags and cheering rather than watching Arabs killing each other! Its shows what a great Nation we are!! GOOD LUCK WILLS AND KATE. PROUD TO BE BRITISH (English). GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!

Too right mate :wine:

Oakeshott

Peabody

I'm with you on this.

Good luck to the couple but this mass adoration of the Royal Family sticks in my craw. I'm glad we are a monarchy, because it removes the politics from the head of state role (imagine President Blair or President Cameron!), but wish it was a lot more low key, and all this sycophantic bowing and scrapping is offensively anachronistic.

The Doctor

Quote from: Oakeshott on April 29, 2011, 11:44:50 AM
all this scrapping is offensively anachronistic.

There's scrapping?  Deary me.  I might have no interest, but it's still bang out of order for some hoodlums to show up and start kicking off at a Wedding.

Hang 'em

TheDaddy

Well my wedding free day went up in smoke when the future out-laws arrived , plonked themselves down turned sky sports over to sky news im now banished to the bed room .Sod it i might as well go into work early !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

ron

....while we're on the subject.....

....and bearing in mind I'm no Pierre Cardin, with an innate sense of haute couture......

...but just what were those things perched on the heads of Beatrice and Eugenie....?

...and why did Beatrice look like Sly Stallone in Rocky?

Lighthouse

Quote from: ron on April 29, 2011, 12:29:14 PM

....and bearing in mind I'm no Pierre Cardin, with an innate sense of haute couture......

...but just what were those things perched on the heads of Beatrice and Eugenie....?

Beatrice was in a pair of ornamental antlers made for her by Bambi Mon St Clare. Eugenie was in Bambi Mon St Clare. Sty Stallone was between a Rocky and a hard place.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2011, 12:36:16 PM
Quote from: ron on April 29, 2011, 12:29:14 PM

Beatrice was in a pair of ornamental antlers made for her by Bambi Mon St Clare. Eugenie was in Bambi Mon St Clare. Sty Stallone was between a Rocky and a hard place.

...on second thoughts, could the antlers have been the work of a behind-the-scenes, spurned Fergy, who insisted that she attended the wedding symbolically, as the Goat of Mendes on her daughter's head?   :022:

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Percentage of women worldwide wishing they were Kate Middleton on Friday 29th April:

11:00 am: 98%

11:00 pm: 0.5%

11:02 pm: 98%

CorkedHat

i enjoyed the wedding so much that I can't wait for Will's next marriage.
I just hope that his next bride's sister decides not to wear any underwear just like Pippa did! (Well so long as she doesn't look like Camilla, that is)
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Jimbobob

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on April 29, 2011, 01:06:08 PM
Percentage of women worldwide wishing they were Kate Middleton on Friday 29th April:

11:00 am: 98%  :004: :004: :004:

11:00 pm: 0.5%   :dft004: :dft004: :dft004:

11:02 pm: 98%   :034: :034: :034:

Now that's funny! Funny Funny Stuff!!!  :011: :011: :011: :beer: :beer: :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Burt

I have spent the last 3 weeks in Australia, NZ and the US and couldn't believe the amount of air-time the wedding received. Even in the US they are still rambling on about it on most of the channels.