watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

aj to west brom done deal

Started by mike_f, April 29, 2011, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_f

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382079/Roy-Hodgson-Andrew-Johnson-reunited-3-5m-summer-switch.html

Andrew Johnson will become Roy Hodgson's first major signing at West Bromwich Albion this summer.

The Fulham striker is set to be reunited with his former manager in a £3.5million deal.

Johnson, 30, has one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage and has struggled with injuries.
Heading north? Roy Hodgson wants Andrew Johnson (right) at West Brom

Heading north? Roy Hodgson wants Andrew Johnson (right) at West Brom

Hodgson has been impressed by Peter Odemwingie but wants more proven goalscorers.

Johnson started his career at Birmingham City and has since had success at Crystal Palace, Everton and Fulham.

But he has found it difficult to settle following issues with his knee, shoulder and hamstring.

He moved to the west London club from Everton three years ago in a move valued at £10.5m but his appearance record has led to doubts about whether he should be offered an extended stay.
Injury problems: Johnson has struggled to keep fit at Fulham

Injury problems: Johnson has struggled to keep fit at Fulham

Meanwhile, manager Mark Hughes wants to sign a new contract at Fulham.

The Welshman agreed a two-year deal when he joined last summer but Sportsmail understands he inserted a one-year break clause that could see him leave the club between now and June.

Hughes was linked with Bayern Munich earlier this year, but has again insisted he remains committed to Fulham.

He said: 'I've got 12 months left and we've had initial discussions, but nothing in terms of really extending the contract. But obviously I'm open to conversations in that respect. 'I like this club. I think it's a well-run club with good people and we can be successful.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382079/Roy-Hodgson-Andrew-Johnson-reunited-3-5m-summer-switch.html#ixzz1KxBr3PnL

nevzter

Was that "article" written by the child in my photo?  I could see it happening though.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

The Rock

Can we get Odim-wedgy in return? I'd have to say that the team has changed shape from when Roy was with us and AJ is 30. Not that old (I'm older) but being injury prone it wouldn't kill me if he left. If I could eat my cake too would rather see him stay.

Mr Fulham

HatterDon

I'm getting a little long n the tooth, and it's been 18 years since I've lived in Old Blighty, but it seems to be that if the Daily Mail reported that the sun would rise in the east, it wouldn't be worth betting a shilling on.

That still the case?

AJ to WBA seems as contrived and silly as Konchesky to Fulham.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

Quote from: HatterDon on April 30, 2011, 04:56:26 AM
I'm getting a little long n the tooth, and it's been 18 years since I've lived in Old Blighty, but it seems to be that if the Daily Mail reported that the sun would rise in the east, it wouldn't be worth betting a shilling on.

That still the case?

AJ to WBA seems as contrived and silly as Konchesky to Fulham.

Oh how I'd laugh if both those deals went through...

BalDrick

Very surprised if West Brom were happy to pay AJ what he's on now, but other than that have no problem with him going. Particularly for £3.5M.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The Rock: Odim-wedgy  :005:

I would say AJ will not be the only one shipped. 
Mark Hughes is a very big step -up for us, he has strong views and will build his own team and make us better ....................................we will have his team come August.  Happy Days !!!

ron

If he goes for £3.5 million, then we have a definite idea of the cost of having him here.

It amounts to a hefty wage packet each week (£50k?), and £5m + down on the transfer.

Worth it....?

Mr Fulham

I have to say that I really rate AJ. He'd be one of  the crowd's undisputed favourites if his transfer fee wasn't 13m and his wages wasn't 40k/week.

I think it would be silly to let him go for 3-4m but
I also think it would be silly to keep him as a squad player with these wages.
I was looking forward so see him getting back to his regular scoring form next season and I think his form lately was very good so overall, I'd be very unhappy if he leaves.

Especially because you don't get a comparable player for that amount of money.

Admin

Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 30, 2011, 11:15:40 AM
I have to say that I really rate AJ. He'd be one of  the crowd's undisputed favourites if his transfer fee wasn't 13m and his wages wasn't 40k/week.

I think it would be silly to let him go for 3-4m but
I also think it would be silly to keep him as a squad player with these wages.
I was looking forward so see him getting back to his regular scoring form next season and I think his form lately was very good so overall, I'd be very unhappy if he leaves.

Especially because you don't get a comparable player for that amount of money.

AJ was originally on 40k a week when we signed him, the highest paid player at the club. AJ took a voluntary pay cut due to his time on the sidelines rumoured to be 5-8k a week so at least the guy was doing his bit and not taking the piss out of Fulham. AJ to West Brom? Sounds plausible at 3.5 million inciting that we are skint and obviously Mark needs money for his targets but I wouldn't like to see AJ against us in the Prem, frightning!!

jarv

I will be disappointed if he goes. He is a thorn in the side for defenders( defending from the front as they say)  and has contirbuted a lot since his return. Really annoying to play against. No longer prolific scorer but excellent player.

Blingo

Whats the fuss about? He is not the force he once was, has lost a yard of pace and likes running into the corners. I still think we are a better team without him.
See ya AJ and good luck.