watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

CHAMPIONS!

Started by The Doctor, April 30, 2011, 01:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor

Just had a call from the old man down at Motspur Park.

The U-18s have won their final game of the season (v Leicester) 5-3.  This despite being 3-0 down at half time.  The upshot is that they've won the League.

Well done lads, let's hope it's the first of many

FFCcravencottage

mate shame there isn't any video of this, 3-0 down to come back to 5-3 to win the league. Roy of the Rovers stuff. Let's hope we build on this academy and that some time in the future some of those youngsters make it to the first team :wine:

manxman

:wine: brilliant news! well done lads for coming back from 3 down, fantastic attitude to be able to do that!
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

FFCcravencottage

Don't you think it would have been nice of the club to have taken a video of the game and let the fans see the highlights from the club site. I mean youngsters or not they are playing a game that can win them the league surely it wouldn't have been much expense to film the game even with a Camcorder and let the fans see the highlights.

The Doctor

I'm pretty sure the club do film these games for their own analysis.  But I can see the logic in not making the footage freely available - the youngsters need to be able to develop their games without having every armchair analyst laying into them over a misplaced pass.  That's Kit Symon's job.

Furthermore, it would probably heighten the risks of promising youngsters being poached

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: The Doctor on April 30, 2011, 02:23:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the club do film these games for their own analysis.  But I can see the logic in not making the footage freely available - the youngsters need to be able to develop their games without having every armchair analyst laying into them over a misplaced pass.  That's Kit Symon's job.

Furthermore, it would probably heighten the risks of promising youngsters being poached

Yeah mate I agree with you, obviously they wouldn't want to show every game that the youngsters played. But as this was the game that could have won the league (and did) I think it would have been nice to film it and show it on the offal. As for people poaching the players if we put a film out don't you think any scout can go to Motspur Park and watch any game that they want to.

The Doctor

QuoteAs for people poaching the players if we put a film out don't you think any scout can go to Motspur Park and watch any game that they want to.

Course they could.  But there's no need for us to go making their lives easier by advertising

White Noise

Scorers - Trotta 2, Pritchard, Gameiro, Frei