News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 'How'd that work out for you?' Thread!

Started by os5889, May 01, 2011, 04:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Great Decisions by former Fulham Players/Targets..... Do you think they regret them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6233307.stm

West Ham sign Fulham's Boa Morte

Boa Morte has been linked with a move from Fulham for some time

West Ham have signed Fulham captain Luis Boa Morte for an undisclosed fee, thought to be about £5m.

The 29-year-old Portugal striker had been linked with Newcastle and Benfica, but has become Alan Curbishley's first signing since arriving at West Ham.

Boa Morte said he was not worried by the club's lowly position. He said: "That did not put me off.

"I'm confident West Ham can have a good second half to the season and we can pull ourselves out of trouble."

Fulham boss Chris Coleman was keen to keep Boa Morte, but told the club's website: "I am of course disappointed that Luis has decided his future is not with Fulham.

"He has been a great servant to the club and we all wish him well.

"However, I have always said that if a player is not happy playing for this club and expresses a desire to go, then I would be prepared to let him leave; and this was the case with Luis."

Boa Morte's the player we need to grab the game by the scruff of its neck and make things happen

Boa Morte started his career with Sporting Lisbon, and moved to Arsenal at the age of 19 in June 1997 for £1.5m deal.

He only made 40 appearances for the Gunners and switched to Southampton in a £500,000 transfer two years later.

Boa Morte joined Fulham on loan in the summer of 2000 before completing a permanent £1.7 move.

Meanwhile, Curbishley has criticised his predecessor Alan Pardew's summer signings.

He told Five Live: "We bought a lot of players but none of them have really made their mark.

"Robert Green has been playing regularly since I've been here but none of the other outfield players have really made their mark. They have not forced their way into the team."

os5889

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1127172/Bullard-delighted-Hull-switch-difficult-spell-Fulham.html

Bullard delighted by Hull switch after difficult spell at Fulham

Jimmy Bullard claims he does not know if he fully repaid Fulham for standing by him through his injury nightmare. 

The 30-year-old midfielder left Craven Cottage yesterday to join Hull in a £5million deal. 

Bullard and Fulham could not come to an agreement over a new contract and the former Wigan player accepted the offer of a four-and-a-half-year deal at the KC Stadium.  The move comes just a year after Bullard returned to action from a 15-month lay-off with a serious knee injury.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson yesterday suggested the club could not match the terms Hull were prepared to offer, particularly over the length of contract.  Bullard said: 'I was in a difficult position with Fulham. I had 18 months left on my contract. I spoke to the club more than once and the club did tell me they were not willing to offer any sort of contract and I could leave in January. 
'I left my options open, came to speak to Hull and it happened. 
'I don't know about repaying. I signed for Fulham and that was my job, to play football and do the best I can. 
'Repay? No, but I always gave 100% and I hope that was enough. 'I had a lot of good friends there and I wish them all the best.  "The fans, especially through my injury - I had 15 months out and a hard time - were brilliant towards me. 
'I loved my time there but I understand football and it came to that point.' Hull were due to parade their record signing to supporters prior to this afternoon's FA Cup tie against Millwall. Bullard is then likely to make his debut against another of his former clubs, West Ham, at Upton Park on Wednesday. He could provide the Tigers with just the lift they need after an alarming slump in form which has yielded one win in their last 13 Barclays Premier League games. 
"I'm so happy to be here," Bullard added. "After meeting Phil Brown, the gaffer, I knew after 10 minutes I wanted to sign here.  "The ambitions of the club and the ambitions of the chairman - it was the right place to be and I'm just happy to be here."  The fee for Bullard smashes the club's previous record outlay of 2.5million, spent twice for Anthony Gardner and Kamil Zayatte. 
Chairman Paul Duffen dismissed suggestions they could be overstretching themselves.  He said: "The fact we have now got, in my opinion, one of the best three midfielders in country on board is appropriate and completely consistent with our ambitions. 
"I have said consistently we are not going to jeopardise the financial future of Hull City Football Club at any level and we are not in this move."  Bullard is the fourth new arrival at Hull in the January transfer window after Kevin Kilbane and Manucho were signed last week.  Tigers boss Brown said: "It is a fabulous day for me as a Premier League manager to sign a quality player such as Jimmy Bullard."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1127172/Bullard-delighted-Hull-switch-difficult-spell-Fulham.html#ixzz1L7GaXSVV

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1127172/Bullard-delighted-Hull-switch-difficult-spell-Fulham.html#ixzz1L7GTJ9Cd

os5889

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8944785.stm

Liverpool complete Paul Konchesky signing from Fulham

Konchesky watched Liverpool's win on Sunday from the stands at Anfield
Liverpool have completed the signing of left-back Paul Konchesky from Fulham on a four-year contract.
Reds reserve duo Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic have moved in the other direction as part of the deal.
Konchesky, 29, was at Anfield to watch their win over West Brom on Sunday and is familiar to Reds boss Roy Hodgson from their days at Craven Cottage.
With Konchesky arriving the Reds have allowed Emiliano Insua to join Turkish side Galatasaray on a season-long loan.
Galatasaray have the option to make the deal permanent for Insua, who was Liverpool's regular left-back last season but has not figured for the side under Hodgson so far in the current campaign.
Instead, the Liverpool manager has opted to use regular central defender Daniel Agger on the left side of defence in the club's league games and Fabio Aurelio in Europa league matches.
Konchesky will now reinforce the Reds defence and could make his debut in the club's next game against Birmingham on 12 September.
The Barking-born player has two England caps and made his international debut in 2003.
He was a West Ham academy trainee before leaving to join Charlton, and went on to make 169 appearances for the Addicks.
In 2005, West Ham bought Konchesky back in a deal worth £1.5m and he made 62 appearances for the east London side.
Hodgson is also hoping to add another acquisition before the transfer window closed at 1800 BST on Tuesday.
But the 63-year-old Reds boss moved to cool speculation that it would be PSV Eindhoven forward Ola Toivenen he would be signing.
"If we can I'd like to bring in one more player and that would be excellent," said Hodgson following the 1-0 win over the Baggies.
"We are short [in the striking department] so we don't need to disguise the fact that it would be nice to get a striker but they are very hard to come by.
"If the right man comes along I know that the club are prepared to act but I don't want to act on the wrong man and just add another body to the club.
"It would have to be someone who could really play alongside Fernando [Torres] and, in my opinion, improve us as a team.
"I like Ola Toivonen but he's not the right type of player that we are looking for at the moment."
Meanwhile, winger Nabil El Zhar has joined Greek club PAOK on a season-long loan.
The 24-year-old has not featured at all for Hodgson since he took over.
And reserve team midfielder Vincent Weijl has completed a transfer to Spanish side SD Eibar.