watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Think We Can Score Over There?

Started by White Noise, February 24, 2010, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

How did you rate the Shakhtar defence from what you saw at The Cottage?

How hard will it be to score over there?

FatFreddysCat

Yeah, but they are capeable of getting 3 or 4,not saying they will though.

epsomraver

We really need to score quickly over there as we did at the cottage, they haven't got their fitness levels up yet from their winter break so if we can go 1 up and get that away goal  and hold them they will fade as the game goes on, " I hope!"

Jimpav

It's going to be hard but we have scored in every European match this campaign bar the away tie in Perm. Remember we had a 2 goal cushion going into that game though.

We have got plenty of players that will be able to nick a goal for us, so I am going to re-phrase the question and ask ourselves can we stop them from scoring against us?

They had very few shots on goal. Bar the defensive mare by Dickson and Hughes we could have kept a clean sheet.

GoldCoastWhite

We can score anywhere, but we don't score often enough away. I've still got a good feeling about this one though and I reckon the crowd pressure might affect them more than us. Go for a win, settle for a draw and The Whites go marching on.

TonyGilroy

My gut feeling is that we'll defend really well but concede at least one. I expect us to be knocked out.

I actually think the most likely scenario for us to get through is if we concede first. That would relax Shakhtar who didn't seem terribly unhappy to be 1-1 with us - they didn't push for a winner.

If we're behind they might take their foot off the pedal allowing us to equalise fairly late and hold out for a 1-1 draw.

If we score first they'll be all over us.

The Equalizer

If we score first they need 3 goals to win...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom

Yes, that is why I predicted a 1-0 Fulham win.
Fulham for life!

Rupert

I must admit, I have the opposite feeling, if they score first they will go to town on us and run in three or four, whilst if we knock one in first, they will have to push hard for at least three goals, leaving gaps at the back.

Ideally they will have someone sent off in the first minute for bringing down Gera as he is about to score, then we knock in the penalty and hold on for a 1-1 draw go on to win 2-0.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

finnster01

I think we will have to as I don't see us keeping a clean sheet
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Brede Butter Pudding

I was away for the home tie but what are they like height-wise? I reckon we could exploit them from set-pieces, Bairdy, Brede, Dickson, Bobby are all tall enough to cause some trouble in the air.

timmyg

By my count they haven't lost at home since October 2008. Not too sure about their goal-letting-in-history
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

cebu

Quote from: timmyg on February 24, 2010, 07:36:04 PM
By my count they haven't lost at home since October 2008. Not too sure about their goal-letting-in-history
The further they are away from their last defeat, the closer they are to their next one.
Tomorrow would fit nicely.

Rupert

Quote from: cebu on February 24, 2010, 08:08:08 PM
The further they are away from their last defeat, the closer they are to their next one.
Tomorrow would fit nicely.

I have to admit that made me laugh.
I salute your outlook, sir!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.