watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's birthday boy

Started by OldBrownShoe, May 06, 2011, 11:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldBrownShoe

:54:  Just wanted to say a big, Happy Birthday today to Bog (Mike Busby to his wife Helen and his Fulham supporting daughters Lauren and Sarah and to those who read Toofif).  Bog doesn't post in these parts very much but it doesn't make him any less Fulham mad than the rest of us.  Those Foffers who are young or live abroad may not know that Bog posted regularly on the Offal many moons ago (as I did, Wadey and a number of others).  Anyway he is a top bloke, a fellow Taurean, and the bruvver I always wish I had.  Have a good one bruv. :clap_hands:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

White Noise

To the Commander in Chief of the 'Old Sod's Army - Many Happy Returns.

Hope you have a great day.

AS OBS says his posts are always worth a read and he is proof of the maxim that it's quality not quantity that count. If you have yet to read his posts they are well worth a peruse and offer a great insight into the club -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=357;sa=showPosts

The Equalizer

Many happy returns Bog! Have a wonderful birthday mate, and post on here a bit more often in future!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Yes indeed, many happy returns Mr Bog sir.

LBNo11

...Many Happy returns Bearded Old Git - aka bog, our resident technophobe and long standing fan, regular TOOFIF contributor, and the man who found fame on 606 when we stuffed Man Ure at Old Trafford with his happy (almost delirious with joy) rant.

Happy Birthday Mike...

PS: I tried to match a programme cover to your birthdate, but my records only go as far as Anno Domini.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

OldBrownShoe

Age and looks? Moses springs to mind except I don't think Moses would have sent as many spoof letters to newspapers as BOG has!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Peabody

Many happy returns from someone, who I think is older, though only just

bog

Well here he is the scruffy old sod of the piece. Thanks for making the world aware OBS and all those who have left drunken comments!! I am now aged Route 66 and it only seems yesterday I was 65. Proud to be part of the old sod's army, I do not like getting older but if I was not this age I would never have seen the golden era of the 1950's. My first game I cannot recall but I do remember me being aged 8 in 1953 and my long gone father straightening me school cap (I wanted to wear it but he was most insistent that it was his turn) as we made ready to go....'They have got this really good young lad playing...Johnny Haynes....do I have to say any more? All those players who have come and gone since.
I just wish I could tell my father of how we made that euro final, he would never believe me. I still struggle to keep them tears from welling when I recall that night....
Two who share my birth date are Graeme Souness and Tony Blair, I am not sure who is worse. Answers on a ten bob note please.
Thanks to those who have responded. Thank you and good night.
:021:           

HatterDon

Happy Birthday and a rousing South Texas HOWDY Y'ALL!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 06, 2011, 12:04:03 PM
...Many Happy returns Bearded Old Git - aka bog, our resident technophobe and long standing fan, regular TOOFIF contributor, and the man who found fame on 606 when we stuffed Man Ure at Old Trafford with his happy (almost delirious with joy) rant.

Happy Birthday Mike...

PS: I tried to match a programme cover to your birthdate, but my records only go as far as Anno Domini.. :dft012:
Now there's a challenge for WN, i'd love to hear this rant, first time i'd seen grown men cry, unlike the Hamburg at home i just about kept it together, but did wonder why my eyes were slightly wetter than usual. I hte all this success, i never cried when we was crap. OH and happy birthday  :54:

ron

It's good to know that with every day that passes, we Old Sods add to our sum total of age, and therefore wisdom. very soon we'll know what we're going on about   :001:

A belated "Many Happy Returns" Bog.

PS ...What's a Ten Bob Note....?

TheDaddy

Did a bit of research and found a few pictures of the brigade on here....

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY..
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

RidgeRider

Happy Birthday Bog! Always enjoy your posts in Old Sods Army. I'm late to the party but hope you had wonderful birthday.