Main Menu

Brum Cleared To Compete In Europa

Started by White Noise, May 06, 2011, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Blues given green light for Europa League

Published 13:00 06/05/11

By MirrorFootball

Birmingham will be allowed to compete in the Europa League next season after being granted a UEFA licence.

There had been speculation the award could be under threat because of Blues' financial situation, though the club themselves always maintained it was not a concern.

Acting chairman Peter Pannu told the official club website, bcfc.com: "This means we can all focus on what are really exciting times for the club.

"We have three important Barclays Premier League games remaining and we can take this good news into them, starting at Newcastle on Saturday.

"Then we can all look forward to competing in the Europa League alongside some of the continent's finest clubs.

"Being granted the licence - which we were always confident of achieving - will put to rest once and for all some of the scaremongering that has surrounded the club."

Blues qualified for the Europa League by beating Arsenal in the Carling Cup final.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Birmingham-given-green-light-for-Europa-League-article732428.html#ixzz1LZoN2ua7

Jimbobob

:tom: :tom: :tom: :tom: :tom:
"Blues qualified for the Europa League by beating Arsenal in the Carling Cup final????"

What???- they get Eurpoe because they win some worthless trophy???
15th in the table. All I can say is I will never understand all these crazy rules etc....
:doh: :doh: :doh:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Jimbobob on May 06, 2011, 07:51:40 PM
"Blues qualified for the Europa League by beating Arsenal in the Carling Cup final????"

15th in the table. All I can say is I will never understand all these crazy rules etc....

If they can win it than so can we!

Fulham for the cups!

Fulham_Adam

Worthless trophy? I'd be over the moon if Fulham won it!
The crazy rule is getting into the EUROPA through the fair play league (although I won't be complaining if we get into that way).
The past is told by those who win.

Pata

Quote from: Fulham_Adam on May 06, 2011, 08:02:38 PM
The crazy rule is getting into the EUROPA through the fair play league (although I won't be complaining if we get into that way).
Judging by the past couple of years, the final UEFA Fair Play country rankings for the 2010/11 season should be announced in the next few days, if I am not mistaken.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: Pata on May 06, 2011, 08:25:37 PM
Judging by the past couple of years, the final UEFA Fair Play country rankings for the 2010/11 season should be announced in the next few days, if I am not mistaken.

Thanks, I wondered when it would be announced. Fingers crossed England get a place!
The past is told by those who win.

Jimbobob

:034: :034: :034: :034:
I know its not worthless and i shouldn't say that but I don't think anyone wakes up hoping we won the Carling Cup and IMHO it is nothing compared to what we did last year - we just dont get a trophy for finishing second.. all these rules and qualifications just make my head spin. I totally agree the fair play is crazy and I have no idea how it is determined. But as you say we get in then yippie!!!! :drums: :drums: :drums:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

FatFreddysCat

I think it goes something like this +1