Dalla Valle Back At Base

Started by White Noise, May 07, 2011, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6918447,00.html

Dalla Valle back at Fulham

Cherries decide striker unlikely to figure in the play-offs

Last Updated: May 7, 2011 3:33pm

Bournemouth have allowed teenage striker Lauri Dalla Valle to return to Fulham from his loan spell at Dean Court.

Dalla Valle initially joined the Cherries on a month-long loan in early March and he scored twice in his opening three appearances for the club.

The deal was extended until the end of the season, but the 19-year-old has only made one substitute's appearance in the past month.

Due to players returning to fitness in Lee Bradbury's squad, the club have decided to let Dalla Valle go back to Fulham.

With Bournemouth guaranteed a play-off spot, Bradbury has deemed that Dalla Valle will not figure in his plans as the club seek to win promotion.

HatterDon

This tells me that they knew very well that we weren't going to let Dalla Valle go to them permanently.

Good, I hope to see him on the pitch some time next season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

It tells me that he hasn't done very well at League 1 level.

Scrumpy

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 07, 2011, 06:19:29 PM

It tells me that he hasn't done very well at League 1 level.

It's a shame to write someone off quite so soon. I have seen very, very talented youngsters simply get bullied and intimidated by older but less gifted oponents. A couple of years later, and with a few sessions in the gymn, they can fulfill that early promise.

Having said that, I remember Fulham playing Bournemouth a few years back when they had Jermain Defoe on loan (I think from West Ham). He must have been roughly the same age as Dalla Valle and had scored for something like 6 games on the trot.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Burt

Hmmm...inclined to agree with Mr Gilroy.

If he has been a jobbing sub and couldn't make his way in to their first team then he has still got a long way to go before he lights up the prem.

Hopefully he will be given the chance to blossom, rather than get written off too early. I'm sure the boy will come good, not just as soon as we thought.

cutbushcitylimits

Strange decision....scores twice in 3 games and then on the bench when goals are what are needed?........i saw the 2 goals and they werent that bad....seems to me that money maybe the factor here and they will regret letting him return.
Remember when we signed him scousers were going mental.....ala in all glad we still have him.

Supermitch

I know someone who saw the Bournemouth v Tranmere game a few weeks ago.  Dalla Valle went on a sub and was shall we say less than impressive on that occasion.
Obviously cannot judge on 20 mins or so but it seems that at present he is not ready for a first team game.  Depending on who we play in the League Cup round 2 he may possibly get a run out.

zzamora

Everybodys so cynical! honestly.

If you were the manager of bournemouth would you risk a young player in your play off hope? I wouldn't!

He is rated as the next torres,who when on form is unstoppable.