Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6923025,00.html

Hughes admits Osvaldo interest

Cottagers chief chasing Espanyol hit-man

By Phil Seery.   

Last Updated: May 9, 2011 10:34am

Hughes: Keen on bolstering his striking options for next season

Fulham boss Mark Hughes has confirmed the club are monitoring Espanyol's highly-rated Argentine forward Pablo Osvaldo.

Osvaldo, 25, has scored 11 league goals this season and scouts have been flocking to Espanyol's Cornella-El Prat stadium to watch the striker in action.

Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Sevilla have all been linked with Osvaldo, who completed a permanent move to Espanyol in the summer, having impressed during a loan spell from Bologna.

"We have followed the boy (Osvaldo) for a long time now and I think everyone is aware of this and we are not going to hide it," Hughes said in Catalan newspaper Sport.

"I don't want to say anything else about the topic because he belongs to another club.

"He is a very good player and we will see how this matter turns out."

Espanyol have reportedly placed a €12million price tag on Osvaldo's head to deter interested parties.

The Equalizer

I don't follow Spanish football all that much, does anyone know anything about this lad?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mr Fulham

This is why he is also linked with Manchester United and Tottenham, who also scouted him last week. Can't see us having a chance there.