News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thankfully , no more Gudjohnson for Fulham debates due to his....

Started by CaliforniaFFC, May 10, 2011, 01:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on May 10, 2011, 01:56:23 AM
clearly inept perfomance against a good Premiership team. He is well past it, will not be able to score and does not impact our system of play. I don't like PULIS but he got this one right!

More worrying is that Hughes sees something in him!
More crap from over the pond !try watching some other of his performances before you slag him off.

Peabody

Whilst I dont agree with your "over the pond" comment ER, we have people that play Football Manager over this side as well.

CaliforniaFFC

Quote from: epsomraver on May 12, 2011, 10:27:44 AM
clearly inept perfomance against a good Premiership team. He is well past it, will not be able to score and does not impact our system of play. I don't like PULIS but he got this one right!

More crap from over the pond !try watching some other of his performances before you slag him off.

I have watched every game on the box here (either live or delayed) since I was at Craven Cottage for the MCity and Brum games in Nov. I know it is not the same as being at the match but it is not far off.

I have an opinion on Gudjohnsen and I don't think he fits into our team and I think he is past it. I think Schwarzer should have been replaced by Stockdale but not just because of his howlers on Monday.

As for crap from over the pond. What if I am an educated Englishman and highly qualified football coach (who has quite a few mates working in professional football in England) but chose to live here due to well paid work and happens to support Fulham?

Does that make my opinion less than yours?

HatterDon

CFFC, recently we've added some folks from other sites who have somewhat altered the general aura of tolerance that was a hallmark of FofF from day one.

Just keep saying to yourself, "it isn't the Offal; it isn't the offal."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

...and this is still not the offal.

:yay:

Feel free to debate and disagree, that's what a messageboard is all about after all, but there's no need to get personal with it.

Sorry about that, I have come down with moderator-itis.

epsomraver

Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on May 14, 2011, 05:17:36 AM

I have watched every game on the box here (either live or delayed) since I was at Craven Cottage for the MCity and Brum games in Nov. I know it is not the same as being at the match but it is not far off.

I have an opinion on Gudjohnsen and I don't think he fits into our team and I think he is past it. I think Schwarzer should have been replaced by Stockdale but not just because of his howlers on Monday.

As for crap from over the pond. What if I am an educated Englishman and highly qualified football coach (who has quite a few mates working in professional football in England) but chose to live here due to well paid work and happens to support Fulham?

In a word Yes, if you were that clever you wouldn't make such sweeping statements.

ImperialWhite

To be honest mate, watching every match on telly makes your opinion more valid, if you've got a good eye for the game.

I love going to Craven Cottage, and I wouldn't fork out a few hundred quid every season if I didn't, but I do miss a lot. I'm in the Hammersmith End - so whenever there's a goal at the Putney End I can hardly even see who scored. Obviously, fouls and offsides are impossible to judge at this distance (I had no idea what happened to Bobby last September until I got to the pub and saw highlights). Occasionaly I'll look at the managers, or at the reaction of the crowd, or get into a chant. It makes it a lot of fun, but I miss stuff all the time.

On telly you're a good distance from the action, and you've got replays. The only thing I miss I suppose is that it's often zoomed in too much, and I struggle to make out formations on telly, since you miss too much off ball stuff.

(I disagree with you about Gudjohnsen, though. He's a classy technical player who I really enjoy having at Fulham. I reckon that next season if we have him he'll 'do a Duff' and defy his age to produce a lot of goals).

epsomraver

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 14, 2011, 10:30:41 AM

To be honest mate, watching every match on telly makes your opinion more valid, if you've got a good eye for the game.

I love going to Craven Cottage, and I wouldn't fork out a few hundred quid every season if I didn't, but I do miss a lot. I'm in the Hammersmith End - so whenever there's a goal at the Putney End I can hardly even see who scored. Obviously, fouls and offsides are impossible to judge at this distance (I had no idea what happened to Bobby last September until I got to the pub and saw highlights). Occasionaly I'll look at the managers, or at the reaction of the crowd, or get into a chant. It makes it a lot of fun, but I miss stuff all the time.

On telly you're a good distance from the action, and you've got replays. The only thing I miss I suppose is that it's often zoomed in too much, and I struggle to make out formations on telly, since you miss too much off ball stuff.

(I disagree with you about Gudjohnsen, though. He's a classy technical player who I really enjoy having at Fulham. I reckon that next season if we have him he'll 'do a Duff' and defy his age to produce a lot of goals).

IP  believe that you get a better overall view of the game by being there, the camera follows the ball and as you say  you cannot see the amount of tracking back, off the ball movement done by players who are then slagged off by the arm chair pundits, my Missus goes to every game and I have to make  do streams/tv  etc, and her view of the game is always better than what I have seen, this is not knocking people who cannot go to games as I am one of them who can only go to evening games.

AlFayedsChequebook

Gudjohnsen is a good player who if we can get him for the right price, then we should snap up. We dont need to overpay him and I think Sparky recognises this.

As for TV vs live match, they both have their benefits and drawbacks. You get a much better view of how the team works as a whole and what everyones role is at the match, but certain details are lost (who exactly scored, if it was offside/a foul).

epsomraver

Too right , but it doesn't change the fact so much dross wafts across the herring pond :hook:

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on May 14, 2011, 03:05:01 PM
Too right , but it doesn't change the fact so much dross wafts across the herring pond :hook:

I've noticed that quite a lot on this end as well.  :hook:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

Gentlemen, Gentlemen !... Here I am, trying to sleep under a copy of the Times in this cosy gentlemen's club, and I've just been woken by the second Boston Tea Party........  :039:  :dft002: