https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes Committed

Started by The Equalizer, May 11, 2011, 03:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

So he'll be at Villa next season then?

From t'offal:

Following reports in the Sun newspaper today, Mark Hughes has issued the following statement, reiterating his commitment to Fulham Football Club.

He said: "I am very happy at Craven Cottage and am looking forward enormously to building on what we have achieved this season.

"I enjoy a good relationship with the owner, management, players and supporters of Fulham Football Club and look forward to continuing that relationship next season."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/May/ClubStatement.aspx#ixzz1M3U9eus0
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

You would think that if he was definitely interested in leaving, he would not have come out and said something this strong.

The Equalizer

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 11, 2011, 03:51:16 PM
You would think that if he was definitely interested in leaving, he would not have come out and said something this strong.

See: Kevin Keegan, Roy Hodgson.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 11, 2011, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 11, 2011, 03:51:16 PM

See: Kevin Keegan, Roy Hodgson.

Sorry, that is Bull about Roy.

He said he was looking forward to working with Senderos next season having just signed him, not

"I am very happy at Craven Cottage and am looking forward enormously to building on what we have achieved this season."

"I enjoy a good relationship with the owner, management, players and supporters of Fulham Football Club and look forward to continuing that relationship next season."

Roy then got offered the Liverpool job. At no point did he come out through the club and wax lyrical about staying next year.

Keegan I accept, but that was the England job, not a job a man as passionate as Keegan would ever turn down.

Jimpav

Both Keegan and Hodgson left when their stock was high though.

Keegan was hardly going to turn down the England job over managing a 1st division/Championship side no matter how well we were progressing.

Woy was always going to leave one way or another. He is a nomad and if Liverpool hadn't of swooped on him then it would have been another club. That asides he had realistically taken us as far as he could short of winning the Europa league. No matter how much money Al Fayed gave us we couldn't challenge for the Champions league and had we have got back into Europe there would have bene huge pressure on Hodgson to replicate the dream tournament that he gave us.

Sparky has just about got the measure of us now and if we can keep the core of our squad fit or better still strengthen this further then he has got the chance to make a name for himself once more. Granted I fully expect him to treat us as a stepping stone but if he leaves a legacy then so be it.

The Equalizer

Hey, just me being cynical that's all. I can't think why he'd want to go to a club like Villa anyway. No money, no opportunities, we're in a much better position than them at the moment and he's got the opportunity to build.

timmyg

I'm so ambivalent about this. If he goes, I won't be surprised. If he stays, I won't be surprised.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Lighthouse

I am deeply sorry to see that Mark Hughes has been committed. So much for Care in the Cottage Community. I thought he was showing signs of lucidity and had stopped the dribbling down his front. The kicking of plastic bottles did become a problem but one hoped Mr Hughes would be able to confront his demons.

I blame the big Aussie Keeper and LBno11.

Jolly Jol to be our next manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tonywa

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2011, 04:45:57 PM
I am deeply sorry to see that Mark Hughes has been committed. So much for Care in the Cottage Community. I thought he was showing signs of lucidity and had stopped the dribbling down his front. The kicking of plastic bottles did become a problem but one hoped Mr Hughes would be able to confront his demons.

I blame the big Aussie Keeper and LBno11.

Jolly Jol to be our next manager.

OBVIOUSLY!!!!

jarv

I feel more confident about Fulham now than since they got promoted. Best squad since day 1 and can only get better for next season.
I see Fulham's future, consistent, more like the Everton of the south than the manyoo. (not in style of play though).
Top half team, definitely, just. :wine:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: jarv on May 11, 2011, 05:51:35 PM
I feel more confident about Fulham now than since they got promoted. Best squad since day 1 and can only get better for next season.
I see Fulham's future, consistent, more like the Everton of the south than the manyoo. (not in style of play though).
Top half team, definitely, just. :wine:

Monday blanked out?

Jimpav

We weren't the first team to get spanked this season and we won't be the last.

Liverpool were starting to sweat when Zamora came on and when we made it 3-1 it was game on.

No reason why we can't be the Everton of the South Mr Gilroy.

MrFFC

Very good news he is a good manager and i think we gonna have an exciting squad next season
Come on you Whites!! :)

Admin

Mark Hughes takes the "F" out of Fulham which has previously stood for "friendly" and has replaced it with so many other "F's" like "fcuk you, fight" etc which I'm looking very forward to see!! Next season he will have us being a force to be reckoned with plus we'll win away. The guy is guttsy, some football won't be pretty but this will be the guy that firmly stamps Fulham on the map.