watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Most Complained ABout Advertising

Started by King_Crud, May 12, 2011, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

Paddy Power cat kicking ad wins. Personally that Dave V. Lately yellowpages ad should be banned for pretentious wankery

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/12/advertising-standards-paddy-power-complaints

The Equalizer

Anything containing Victor Chandler should be consigned to Room 101.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

King_Crud

And that Paddy McGuinness fella he does them with

The Equalizer

And anything containing a bald dimwit with a lightbulb attached to his swede.

You've got to be really desperate as an actor to accept gigs like Ocean Finance adverts.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

For anyone who wants some paddy mcguinness bashing should watch the latest series of Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle, episode 2.

TheDaddy

That pavarotti wanabe "go compare " drives me insane as does the lloyds bank tune !

Having said that some years ago my eldest phoned me and said "Dad you have to check out the new nike advert im in it" i waited and waited and around a week later i finally caught it what did i see ankles and feet kicking a ball about !
Son what was that all about i didn't see you ? "Oh it was and advert for football skills " what did you get ? Son "Nothing they took the trainers back after filming"

A company that big the tight arses.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

TonyGilroy

All bank adverts.

The listening bank. The helpful bank. The aren't we amusing bank.

Never the bank that destroyed the worlds economy and paid themselves massive bonuses and still does.

The screw you bank.

BalDrick

There are myriad intensely annoying adverts but I'm sorry, absolutely nothing can touch the Halifax ones. Especially the ISA ISA baby - I swear that woman is retarded.

GoCompare comes a good second IMO.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

mrska

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 12, 2011, 03:15:33 PM
For anyone who wants some paddy mcguinness bashing should watch the latest series of Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle, episode 2.
That was brilliant last night.. so underated.!

mrska

The Cocky Pepsi Max fellas deserve a good shoeing.. Also the 3 fellas on itv's Fa Cup Coverage..Keith Ian and Andy  advertising Fiat i think..  i want to strangle them!

Yeah i agree about the isa Isa Adverts..  Halifax adverts are always a massive wind up!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: mr_ska on May 12, 2011, 03:45:19 PM

This series has improved on the last in that there are less "sketches" that seem irrelevant, and more him being slated by Armando Ianucci, which is hilarious!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 12, 2011, 03:50:35 PM

This series has improved on the last in that there are less "sketches" that seem irrelevant, and more him being slated by Armando Ianucci, which is hilarious!

+1

Did you see these interviews for series one? Armando Ianucci is even more underrated than Stewart Lee I think.

Definitely worth a watch:

Armando Iannucci Show Ep.1 Pt.1 Twats

BERGKAMP YOU'VE GOT 22 LEGS USE THEM!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 12, 2011, 03:53:40 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 12, 2011, 03:50:35 PM

+1

Did you see these interviews for series one? Armando Ianucci is even more underrated than Stewart Lee I think.

Definitely worth a watch:

Armando Iannucci Show Ep.1 Pt.1 Twats

BERGKAMP YOU'VE GOT 22 LEGS USE THEM!

Ianucci is great but I am not sure he is underated:

On the Hour
The Day Today
Alan Patridge
Thick of it

All came with critical and popular acclaim.

King_Crud

Quote from: mr_ska on May 12, 2011, 03:48:03 PM
The Cocky Pepsi Max fellas deserve a good shoeing.. Also the 3 fellas on itv's Fa Cup Coverage..Keith Ian and Andy  advertising Fiat i think..  i want to strangle them!

yeah i'm confused by them, the only time i see them on the box is when they say "coverage bought to you by Keith, Ian & Andy" yet i never see them on the box. Who are these people bringing me football coverage?

mrska

Quote from: King_Crud on May 12, 2011, 04:11:54 PM
Quote from: mr_ska on May 12, 2011, 03:48:03 PM
The Cocky Pepsi Max fellas deserve a good shoeing.. Also the 3 fellas on itv's Fa Cup Coverage..Keith Ian and Andy  advertising Fiat i think..  i want to strangle them!

yeah i'm confused by them, the only time i see them on the box is when they say "coverage bought to you by Keith, Ian & Andy" yet i never see them on the box. Who are these people bringing me football coverage?
Kia Motors??.. or  3 A-holes who i wouldnt be seen dead going to football with..

Lighthouse

Quote from: BalDrick on May 12, 2011, 03:32:20 PM
There are myriad intensely annoying adverts but I'm sorry, absolutely nothing can touch the Halifax ones. Especially the ISA ISA baby - I swear that woman is retarded.

GoCompare comes a good second IMO.

The ISA ISA baby one is so annoying I actually turn to tv over. It loses ITV more viewers than anything. All those radio based bank adverts pretending they are not all owned by Santander should be banned.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope