Main Menu

Vote In Phil Mison's Quick Fulham Survey

Started by White Noise, May 13, 2011, 06:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2011/05/vote_now.php

Vote Now!

Posted by Phil Mison 9 hours, 57 minutes ago

Just two games to go and after being so desperately close to relegation ourselves in 2007 and 2008 Fulham fans can relax and leave the nailbiting to others.

In fact, as we contemplate a decade in the top flight, our modest 'little' club has largely evolved into a reasonably solid mid-table side. We try to play the game in the right way, we can be pretty entertaining on our day at home, and I can't think of any finer ground than Craven Cottage to enjoy my EPL football. Only mid-week games, especially in winter, can be a bit of a chore - London traffic and the necessity of a long walk up to the ground being a small price to pay.

With Mark Hughes yet to confirm his long term commitment to the club, the summer could be full of surprises - perhaps pleasant, or not. Today marks the anniversary of our Europa League final match in Hamburg. Few streaming away from the ground that chilly German night would have been contemplating Roy's departure before most of us had even hit the beach. That left us heading for a summer tour of Sweden last July managerless with the CEO on a fruitless mission to Amsterdam.

The only strange thing about football is that stranger things don't happen more often. It's a game Nietzsche would surely have embraced. Sturm and Drang is the currency on a weekly basis. Equilibrium in the workplace rarely the order of the day, even more so in the modern era of player power and freedom of contract. With more than 30 professionals on your books at any one time your executive is probably juggling a third of player contracts, with all the attending third party haggling and brinkmanship that entails.

So before we get down to the basics of previewing our away trip to Birmingham, just for fun it's time for you dear readers to stand up and be counted. Below a simple Q & A:

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season?
b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it?
c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale?
d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract?

Twitter@fulhamphil

watfordwhite

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season?  Danny Murphy
b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it? Head = Gudjohnsen  heart = Zolly
c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale? Schwarzer, Stockdale no2 for 1 more season only.
d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract? very much so.

epsomraver

p.o.t.s.  Arron Hughes, Gera, Stockdale , yes

elgreenio

a) Clint Dempsey
b) Eidur unfortunately
c) Schwarzer
d) Hell yas
touch my camera through the fence

DukeTyrion

a) Clint Dempsey
b) Zoltan Gera
c) Stockdale no. 1
d) Not overly fussed either way

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season?-Sidders or Aaron Hughes
b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it?-None-new signing please
c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale? -Stockdale
d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract?-very much so,onward and upward!

Snibbo

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season?  - Clint
b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it? - Eidur
c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale?  - Stockers
d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract? - Yes

JBH

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season? CLINT DEMPSEY
b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it? EIDUR
c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale? STOCKDALE
d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract? YES

MGBadrock

a) Clint Dempsey
b) Gudjohnsen
c) Stockdale
d) Yes yes yes!

HatterDon

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season?  -- Dempsey

b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it? -- Gudjohnsen

c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale? -- Stockdale

d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract? -- most assuredly

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

1) Dempsey
2) Gudjohnsen
3) Schwarzer but in the knowledge that he has to play well to keep his place, no longer an automatic No.1 choice
4) Happy in that he can continue to build the team in his vision and Fulham (hopefully) won't be set back for another summer

ImperialWhite

Mr Clinton Dempsey.

b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it?
Gudjohnsen.

I'm torn. I'll sit on the fence and see who does best in pre-season (if we get into Europe than Schwarzer = league, Stockdale = cups).

Yes - it looks like he's turning us into an impressive side. The best of both Worlds - Roy's tactical and defensive solidity combined with the attacking instincts and never-say-die attitude of a Manchester United striker. (and I can't go through the stress of the manager hunt again).

BestOfBrede

Dempsey  :Sparkyticus:
Eidur  :047:
Stockers :045:
Hughes - Yes  :clap_hands:

LBNo11

a) Who is your Fulham player of the season? Clint Dempsey (a close run thing to Mr Consistent, Aaron Hughes)

b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it? Zolly aka Muppet

c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale? Stannard - oops, I mean Stockdale

d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract? Aaron yes, Mark, yes for the sake of stability for Fulham FC, but yet to be won over

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Vinnieffc

Dempsey

Gera

Stockdale

Most definitely

Dixie

Quote from: HatterDon on May 13, 2011, 12:57:58 PM
a) Who is your Fulham player of the season?  -- Dempsey

b) The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it? -- Gudjohnsen

c) Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale? -- Stockdale

d) Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract? -- most assuredly

Too lazy to type this out myself - I concur completely with the above
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Supermitch

a) Clint Dempsey
b) Eidur G (but a difficult one)
c) David Stockdale
d) Certainly

luckykat

a) Dempsey
b) Neither, bring in new blood
C) Difficult, Stockdale by a whisker
d) Yes please

The Bronsons

a) Clint
b) Eidur
c) Schwarzer - assuming he plays well in pre-season
d) Yes

Burt

Who is your Fulham player of the season?
Hughes.

The budget allows a contract for either Zoltan Gera or Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who gets it?
Gera.

Who would be your keeper to start in August - Schwarzer or Stockdale?
Schwarzer. One last season.

Are you happy to see Hughes extend his contract?
Yes please. He's done a good job since the new year.