Main Menu

QPR Want £1 Million Gera

Started by White Noise, May 13, 2011, 07:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

QPR plan swoop for Fulham winger

By Paul Warburton

May 13 2011

QPR are eyeing up the chance to set £1million-rated Zoltan Gera free from his Fulham hell.

The out-of-favour Hungarian has made it plain he wants first-team football next term, and newly promoted Rangers have already been in touch about making the move up Fulham Palace Road, according to sports agency Nemzeti Sport in his home country.

Gera has become increas-ingly sidelined at Fulham, with only 10 Premierships starts this season, and although Whites boss Mark Hughes claimed he wanted to keep the former West Brom player, the midfielder was not even on the bench for the past four games, including Monday's 5-2 drubbing at home to Liverpool.

But if Rangers are truly interested in Gera, they face a fight to make him one of Neil Warnock's first recruits to his Premiership squad.

Agent Vladan Filipovic insists there is a host of clubs in for the 32-year-old, including lucrative offers from abroad.

He said this week: "A lot of English teams asked me about Zoltan Gera, among others QPR, but this means nothing because we haven't negotiated."

However, a short hop north of the borough would save Gera getting the removal men in, as well as continuing his seven-year stint in English football.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/05/13/qpr-plan-swoop-for-fulham-winger-82029-28684944/#ixzz1MDDtbYgI

Snibbo

Won't he be out of contract and therefore be able to leave for no fee?

finnster01

Quote from: Snibbo on May 13, 2011, 09:04:11 AM
Won't he be out of contract and therefore be able to leave for no fee?

Correct Mr Snibbo. There is however an option clause for an extra year that Fulham can exercise without Gera able to stop it. However, I have no clue as to how much is involved in that though. Fulham can probably pull the trigger and make a little bit of money by selling him on.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

It would be criminal on our part not to make something out of his departure, although I personally would like him to stay for one more year, if it means that qpr don't get him.

elgreenio

wouldn't be surprised if Woy came in for him in the summer tbh. But first, exercise our right to extend and make some money out of him.
touch my camera through the fence

FC Silver Fox

I would have thought that that option would suit Gera and his agent too:

- Signing fee for the extra year.
- Transfer fee
- Regular football next season.

I can't understand why he's out of favour. He was one of our best players last season. Question of priorities, I suppose? Who do you drop to put him in.

P.S. How are QPR going to get enough altitude between Loftus Road and the Cottage in order to be able to "swoop"?  Under Hammersmith Bridge and then try and climb down the middle of the river by Harrods Depository, I suppose.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

LBNo11

...I hope he goes to Norwich, at least Delia knows her players names..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

I really hope he goes abroad - would suit his game much better. Would be terrible if hew went to QPR...

BalDrick

Quote from: elgreenio on May 13, 2011, 09:27:57 AM
wouldn't be surprised if Woy came in for him in the summer tbh. But first, exercise our right to extend and make some money out of him.

He has of course spent time at the Hawthorns, pretty sure he was popular there too. Actually wouldn't be surprised to see RH picking up a few of our cast-offs - no idea if he has any money, does he have any players we might like?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

elgreenio

you'd assume he has some, though think he'll be more concentrating on the defensive side of his squad. Yes Gera was a fans favourite at the Hawthorns as well

BestOfBrede

It will be awful if he goes to larftus road - he would look daft in hoops as well! (mind you don't they all)
I'd hate to see him play against us and can see him scoring as well !

luckykat

With all the money they have got I am surprised QPR are not more ambitious

ImperialWhite

Quote from: luckykat on May 13, 2011, 01:42:28 PM

I suppose their wage bill must be limited by the small size of Loftus Road (with it's presumably limited match day revenue).

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 13, 2011, 01:48:50 PM

I suppose their wage bill must be limited by the small size of Loftus Road (with it's presumably limited match day revenue).
They are also limited by the intellect and the size of Colin Merchant's todger
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Matt

Don't want him to go there. Rivals are rivals...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

luckykat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 13, 2011, 01:48:50 PM

If the directors don't put their hands in their (very deep) pockets, then QPR will be favourites for the drop. And I'm sure we are all very sad at that prospect :)

elgreenio

hopefully they go nuts and buy 20 Faurlin's, no way the FA can cower into not giving a points deduction then